Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #995
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The issue is, they are Certified GM approved parts. I'm willing to be they could sell these MUCH cheaper if GM wasn't taking a huge chunk off the top.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #996
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin

Drives: Toxic SS - 2011 SGM M6 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Wow, that is just too damn much.
I agree

DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #997
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSX_Camaro View Post
The issue is, they are Certified GM approved parts. I'm willing to be they could sell these MUCH cheaper if GM wasn't taking a huge chunk off the top.
Exactly.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #998
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
to each his own I would rather take the money and a little more and get the heads up display mod.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #999
Darth_Emma

I got my heritage grill today. It looks great. I'll be installing it as soon as I get my overpriced SS badges!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #1000
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
anybody have any tips on where to get clear bra installed here in Indy? I did my side gills this weekend using a sheet I got off ebay. It looks OK but, there's a few bubbles here and there I couldn't get out. It'll work for now but, I want to get them professionally done and just need a decent place to go to.

thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #1001
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
anybody have any tips on where to get clear bra installed here in Indy? I did my side gills this weekend using a sheet I got off ebay. It looks OK but, there's a few bubbles here and there I couldn't get out. It'll work for now but, I want to get them professionally done and just need a decent place to go to.

thanks

http://www.wetintcars.com/
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #1002
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

excellent, I'll give them a call tomorrow. I knew I could count on you guys.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #1003
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Spoke to the owner this morning and they'll be taking care of my side gills for $100. Very good price. We'll see about the work. Will update with a review.

Thanks again for the head's up
Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1004
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Spoke to the owner this morning and they'll be taking care of my side gills for $100. Very good price. We'll see about the work. Will update with a review.

this guy did my clear bra and tint. I wouldn't hesitate to call him for anything like this. My clear bra only covers. Full front, full hood, full front quarter panels, A-Pillars, side mirrors and a 5" strip across to of winshield. It's ready for Highway Rock Battle!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #1005
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Ha! Only covers? How much did you spend on all of that? I inquired about the front bumper since I'll be getting that repainted in the fall, and he said about $600. After trying to simply do the side gills, $100 for them seems like a super bargain. The front bumper is pretty tricky as well so, $600 seems very reasonable. I don't think people understand the work required to get clear bra on and looking pretty much like it's not there.

Yeah your car does sound like it's ready for battle, or simply driving down 96th St. following a convoy of dump trucks from the quarry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
this guy did my clear bra and tint. I wouldn't hesitate to call him for anything like this. My clear bra only covers. Full front, full hood, full front quarter panels, A-Pillars, side mirrors and a 5" strip across to of winshield. It's ready for Highway Rock Battle!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #1006
Darth_Emma

I've had my clear bra for over a year. Money well spent.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #1007
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Ha! Only covers? How much did you spend on all of that? I inquired about the front bumper since I'll be getting that repainted in the fall, and he said about $600. After trying to simply do the side gills, $100 for them seems like a super bargain. The front bumper is pretty tricky as well so, $600 seems very reasonable. I don't think people understand the work required to get clear bra on and looking pretty much like it's not there.

Yeah your car does sound like it's ready for battle, or simply driving down 96th St. following a convoy of dump trucks from the quarry.

it's money well spent. It was my first purchase for the car. The car see's a lot of highway use and from previous cars that saw the same, it was a necessity. Now I bump draft those dump trucks to let them know I'm back there.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #1008
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:

I had contacted hrpiii on this application and called the same company and never got an answer so I left a voice mail each time and got no response. After this recent referral I sent an email this morning and stated I never got a response on estimates and Low and Behold I have an email from Daniel. I asked for several different estimates including the bumper only, mirrors and the side gills. this is what he had to say:

The Camero clearbra kit is available in three packages…

Package A - Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, and Bumper - $695.00

Package B - Bumper only - $395.00

Package C - Hood, Fenders, Mirrors only - $495.00

Additional pieces for the grill area in front of the rear tires must be hand cut as there currently is no pattern available to us at this time. The cost for these additional pieces is $ 75 each.

Hope this helps. Thank you for your interest in our services.

Cordially,

Daniel Harris - owner

DT Services Window Tinting

Now I wonder why your Gill application is going to cost me $50 more than what you were quoted? I've heard a wide range of prices on these applications and I still say a lot of these vendors tend to take advantage of owners. Not saying this is the case but consistency would help, especially when you think we have clubs and forums where we help one another and make referrals and suggestions to each other. I'm not one to call and ask why but I am one to keep my coin in my pocket and keep shopping around. Obviously something in the milk ain't white on the quote. I near their facility all the time when I visit my buddy who has a auto shop on Gradle Dr; in fact, just there last week. This is something I could do but not with doubts or a variety of prices being quoted from one member to the next for the same application. Hope it works out for ya Darth Martel]