Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I had JDP Motorsports install the SPOHN rear trailing arms on my SS. But I just did the first level Polyurethane arms. But I can tell you the car digs squats and launches a whole lot better now. Now I'm not taking it to a drag strip but on those wide open desolate roads I tend to try a couple burnouts here and there
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #27
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Thanks for all of the info Caverman, I just ordered the Tubular Rear Trailing Arms with Del-Sphere Pivot Joints in chrome-molly with the adjustment tool. I have raced the car one and had the wheel hop and can also see it at the end of my burnouts on the street. I will post more info after testing them out.
No problem....after watching the Del-Sphere video and seeing how they work I was SOLD. I've been very happy with them. The regular Del-Sphere are a little on the heavy side but not enough to make a real difference in my mind. I bet the chrome-molly ones will be awesome. Make sure to post pics when you get them.

BTW: some people suggest changing out the lower bushing of the wheel hub. I didn't do that but I might go back and do it at some point. You might consider doing it while you're there. I don't think Spohn has any poly bushings for it but I know Pfadt does. I think they sell for about $100. You might talk with Spohn and get their take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
While I haven't been to the strip yet, I have yet to experience wheel hop as far as I can tell. Depending on what RPMs I launch from, I either bog or spin the tires. I do my best to balance these two, but why am I not experiencing wheel hop on factory PZeros when so many others are? My best 60 ft time (according to the dynolicious iphone app) was 2.19s. Am I simply not launching hard enough yet to introduce wheel hop? And finally, given my situation, would my launches still benefit from these TAs even if my wheels are staying on the ground?
I never had any wheel hop on the streets at all...only at the track. The track is a totally different animal. Give it a try some time without the TAs. Just make sure to let off if you start getting wheel hop so that you don't break something. Then if you do get the hop get some TAs and give it a try again so you can see the difference.

Personally I would at least put on the basic TA. They are pretty cheap and easy to put on with no alignment required. If you look at the difference from the factory TA to any of the aftermarket TA you'll know it can't do anything but help.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #28
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I never had any wheel hop on the streets at all...only at the track. The track is a totally different animal.

Personally I would at least put on the basic TA. They are pretty cheap and easy to put on with no alignment required. If you look at the difference from the factory TA to any of the aftermarket TA you'll know it can't do anything but help.
Thanks for the info, that's good advice and exactly what I think I'll do. I had wondered if the track prep might contribute to just enough extra grip to promote wheel hop over the dust pebbles on normal roads. Ssooch, it's good to hear you can tell a difference even off the track also. That's what I was hoping to hear!

Thanks guys.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #29
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
While I haven't been to the strip yet, I have yet to experience wheel hop as far as I can tell. Depending on what RPMs I launch from, I either bog or spin the tires. I do my best to balance these two, but why am I not experiencing wheel hop on factory PZeros when so many others are? My best 60 ft time (according to the dynolicious iphone app) was 2.19s. Am I simply not launching hard enough yet to introduce wheel hop? And finally, given my situation, would my launches still benefit from these TAs even if my wheels are staying on the ground?
Do your burnout marks ever show signs of breakup? I get the breakup in the ends of my burnouts probably about where I shift two second gear.
Silver2SSRS6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #30
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I would say no but maybe I need to look closer next time to be able to answer that with any confidence. I'll look next time. Not today though - it's 98 degrees and rising here today! Lol
Old 06-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #31
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

I just ordered the front sway bar from Spohn to compete the underside of my car. Front and rear sway bars with exptreem links along with the Spohn trailing arms. I hope most of my wheel hop will be gone and that I could take the turns a bit faster and flatter now.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #32
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
I just ordered the front sway bar from Spohn to compete the underside of my car. Front and rear sway bars with exptreem links along with the Spohn trailing arms. I hope most of my wheel hop will be gone and that I could take the turns a bit faster and flatter now.
Cool....you definately need to start a new thread with pics and a review of what you think about the upgrade. I don't think I've seen anyone review or post pics of their sway bars.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #33
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Cool....you definately need to start a new thread with pics and a review of what you think about the upgrade. I don't think I've seen anyone review or post pics of their sway bars.
I will start a new thread once everthing is installed. I'm going with the sway bars for autocross racing, I need every advantage I can get.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #34
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

For those who are placing orders with Spohn Perfomance and need a coupon code, just visit thier facebook page. They publish a weekly code at the top. Don't forget to click the LIKE button on the top.