Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
CG'sSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS and 1985 L98 Corvette
Dealer Quote about MSRP

So I asked the dealer about am I going to get this MSRP and no pre-order fees...His response "No your going to get it MSRP because you are are pre-ordering and since it's ordered from what you want not everyone will want it unlike people that will buy it off the lot" Does this make sense?
CG'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG'sSS View Post
So I asked the dealer about am I going to get this MSRP and no pre-order fees...His response "No your going to get it MSRP because you are are pre-ordering and since it's ordered from what you want not everyone will want it unlike people that will buy it off the lot" Does this make sense?
Hmm not really to me, seems like he is saying that he is going to sell it to you at msrp because it is customized just the way YOU want it, and so most likely no one else would love this car, so it would be pointless to put it on the lot. But the part that confuses me is why he would use this as an arguement FOR selling it to you at msrp, but whatever lol.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Or it could just be his way of beating around the bush to say that the dealership is basically guaranteed to save money since the car won't be sitting on the lot at all. Of course, I'm sure most of them won't sit for very long, but the dealership loses money if and when cars don't sell and just sit there.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
I could comment on this dealer stuff all night...
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
I hope my dealer tells me the same... I know a guy who pre-ordered his Challenger through a Dodge Dealer early and they gave him MSRP he ended up paying $43,995 after taxes and all out the door. I know Chrysler is a entire differ company but i guess what ur dealer said has some merit since this is pre-ordering.

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote