Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
IConnection

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Magnaflow Comp Axleback...AWESOME!!!!

If u want a great sounding system just add the Magnaflow Comp Axleback to your LS3 or L99.....
I cant believe how great my car sounds now,its a great axleback and looks tuff with the 5in tips...
IConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjectionConnection View Post
If u want a great sounding system just add the Magnaflow Comp Axleback to your LS3 or L99.....
I cant believe how great my car sounds now,its a great axleback and looks tuff with the 5in tips...
Have you or any other vendors done a weight comparion to any of the aftermarket exhausts vs. stock?
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Gnarlygianni

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
Would love to see some pics with different angles.. There are no real good shots of these tips anywhere online !
Gnarlygianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarlygianni View Post
Would love to see some pics with different angles.. There are no real good shots of these tips anywhere online !
Check out the pics from my post of mine, I have more is you want to see even more
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80665
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Did you do the Xpipe as well or just the Axle Back? Im interested in what the Xpipe and removing the resonater would do since I did not do that yet.
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Old 05-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Gnarlygianni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
Check out the pics from my post of mine, I have more is you want to see even more
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80665
Thank you this does help. Wow really not that big yes big but i was expecting alot worse from what people were describing. Love how they don't sick out from holes to much. Do you have any side pics? and from a tad bit farther from the car ?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Thank you this does help. Wow really not that big yes big but i was expecting alot worse from what people were describing. Love how they don't sick out from holes to much. Do you have any side pics? and from a tad bit farther from the car ?
These might be what you are looking for, if not I will try and take diff angle tomorrow.

BTW they do get hot even though double walled, but does not effect the rear diffuser at all driven over 200 miles with them and no melting. I also sprayed the insides high temp flat black for a cleaner look
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
Gnarlygianni

thanks those are exactly the pics I was looking for and I have a black camaro also so this is like looking at what my car will look like ! Thanks a lot! As for the heat I think as long as the metal or actual exhaust coming out the car isn't hitting the plastic there should be no melting. What do you mean about the spray I don't see and what does it do ?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
thanks those are exactly the pics I was looking for and I have a black camaro also so this is like looking at what my car will look like ! Thanks a lot! As for the heat I think as long as the metal or actual exhaust coming out the car isn't hitting the plastic there should be no melting. What do you mean about the spray I don't see and what does it do ?
In the first set of pics you will notice the difference I just spray painted the inside of the inner wall to hide the chamber, it will turn black on its own latter just wanted a cleaner look down the "barrel".
Old 05-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
Gnarlygianni

ahh i see i see. only thing I would LOVE to see but you don't have to do is the pics you posted.. the first pic but farther away maybe of the whole car but that angle and a whole car but profile pic.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #11
IConnection

I'm going x pipe next and then a set of SOLO hi flow cat pipes when they come out.
My car will never see headers,I'll be happy with this setup
Old 05-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I'm going x pipe next and then a set of SOLO hi flow cat pipes when they come out.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #13
phily

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Quote:

I have the same magnaflow setup and I was also interested in doing the x pipe and rest of the pipes. I'm a little confused though. If you buy a cat system are you replacing the magnaflow? Or is that just the pipes we didn't change. If you could link me to a site selling this I'd appeciate it =)

Mods: Magnaflow axleback competition series exhaust | RotoFab CAI | Revolution Hood | Matte Black hash marks | Matte black cordon cr-1 rims. | Blacked out tail lights & bezels | Aac purple light package
phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
IConnection

If you have an auto then you would remove the big resonator and add a true x
If you have a 6sp then you would remove the h pipe and resonators and add the true x

U can also do a RESONATED X PIPE MUFFLER on either setup which will muffle the sound alittle bit but still give u the X pipe...

Just check out magnaflow.com
Old 05-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
cool