Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,532
Car Club Challenge

Anyone else headed to the Car Club Challenge in Bremerton tomorrow?

Heading to the track to do some bracket racing.
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,077
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
to do car club challenge you MUST race with a team, cars must be slower than 10.00seconds & can not be faster than 135MPH.

doesnt have to be a race car, can be a street car but it has to have Insurance (even though most insurance companys can pull you if they find out, & you are not insured while on the track) plus it has to be able to pass inspection at the track. currently reg.

if you run a vert or a t-top car you MUST have a currenly Snell approved helment, If you run faster than 13.99 you must have a helment no matter what.

PNWCC has a team but you dont have to Join the club to do CCCA, even though we would like you to.
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
to do car club challenge you MUST race with a team, cars must be slower than 10.00seconds & can not be faster than 135MPH.

doesnt have to be a race car, can be a street car but it has to have Insurance (even though most insurance companys can pull you if they find out, & you are not insured while on the track) plus it has to be able to pass inspection at the track. currently reg.

if you run a vert or a t-top car you MUST have a currenly Snell approved helment, If you run faster than 13.99 you must have a helment no matter what.

PNWCC has a team but you dont have to Join the club to do CCCA, even though we would like you to.
Well, I'm part of the PNWCC myself and was showing up tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I need to talk to someone beforehand or what...

I'll be there at 8:00am or earlier...
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,077
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Well, I'm part of the PNWCC myself and was showing up tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I need to talk to someone beforehand or what...

I'll be there at 8:00am or earlier...
go talk to someone in the ccca tent (maybe don?)


Going to the beach with the family, maybe doing the 101 loop in the regal
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,978
post pics
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,532
I didn't get any pictures, but another PNWCC member got some video....not sure if he'll post it anywhere though.
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,532
On another note, this was my first time ever doing drag racing, in this case bracket racing.

My first 3 practice runs were not very fast because I totally forgot to turn off traction control. Also, it's the first time I've ever driven the Camaro with a helmet.

So, my first run I both broke loose the tires for a bit, then shifted late into 3rd (hitting rev limiter). 14.323 seconds.

Second run, I launched pretty well, but again shifted late both times, hitting the rev limiter both times. Got another 14.323 second run. First two runs matching times exactly was looking good though for bracket racing.

I've been really used to using sound to shift, and with a helmet on it really messed with that.

Third run, I again broke loose, but hit my shift points properly...except I botched my shift to 3rd trying to hurry it. Ran in the mid 15's that time.

All those were the practice run. I set my bracket time to 14.323 since I had consistently run that, but it was at this time I also figured out I wasn't turning off Stabillitrac and Traction Control.

I ran against a REALLY practiced bracket racer on my first live run. I ended up running a 14.210, disqualifying myself. Ran faster though...turning off T/C definately helps. I would have run faster but I broke the tires loose again. I hit my shift points pretty well too. I also had a poor R/T of .565 seconds.

All in all, this season is mostly going to be me getting used to doing this. I'm pretty sure once I get some more runs in, I'll be able to consistently run mid 13's if I'm not breaking the tires loose.
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,077
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
On another note, this was my first time ever doing drag racing, in this case bracket racing.

My first 3 practice runs were not very fast because I totally forgot to turn off traction control. Also, it's the first time I've ever driven the Camaro with a helmet.

So, my first run I both broke loose the tires for a bit, then shifted late into 3rd (hitting rev limiter). 14.323 seconds.

Second run, I launched pretty well, but again shifted late both times, hitting the rev limiter both times. Got another 14.323 second run. First two runs matching times exactly was looking good though for bracket racing.

I've been really used to using sound to shift, and with a helmet on it really messed with that.

Third run, I again broke loose, but hit my shift points properly...except I botched my shift to 3rd trying to hurry it. Ran in the mid 15's that time.

All those were the practice run. I set my bracket time to 14.323 since I had consistently run that, but it was at this time I also figured out I wasn't turning off Stabillitrac and Traction Control.

I ran against a REALLY practiced bracket racer on my first live run. I ended up running a 14.210, disqualifying myself. Ran faster though...turning off T/C definately helps. I would have run faster but I broke the tires loose again. I hit my shift points pretty well too. I also had a poor R/T of .565 seconds.

All in all, this season is mostly going to be me getting used to doing this. I'm pretty sure once I get some more runs in, I'll be able to consistently run mid 13's if I'm not breaking the tires loose.
ya might want to invest in a set of DOT drag tires
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, Audi Q5
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 8,532
Maybe later. For the next 3 years I'm keeping it stock...or at least until the warrantee is up.

I know the tires don't affect the warrantee, but until I start modding, I'm not too concerned about fast times. Just being consistent. I'm going to be launching with lower RPM's next time I go out to avoid burning out the tires.
__________________
2014 LBM Stingray Z51, Mag Ride, Perf Exhst, Comp Seats
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar. Tires spitting gravel I commit my weekly crime.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,077
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Maybe later. For the next 3 years I'm keeping it stock...or at least until the warrantee is up.

I know the tires don't affect the warrantee, but until I start modding, I'm not too concerned about fast times. Just being consistent. I'm going to be launching with lower RPM's next time I go out to avoid burning out the tires.
when I was racing my Iroc with street tires I launched at idle which pissed everyone off lol. if I didnt I would leave sideways lol
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #11
camarossowner
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PORT ORCHARD, WA
Posts: 734
Went out today to the track with the 2010 and with street tires. Ran a 13.618 @112.14
60' 2.472
330 6.204
1/8 9.124
mph 84.65
1000 11.592
1/4 13.618
mph 112.14
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
tlcamaro
 
tlcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro RS/SS, 2011
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kent, Washington
Posts: 123
very nice!!
tlcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #13
BlackRS/SS
 
BlackRS/SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Black RS/SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Shoreline,Wa
Posts: 52
What track were you at? I was at Pacific Raceways last night with mine and only saw one other Camaro and it was a Hennessy

I ran a 12.961 at 111.95 on street tires

60' 2.059
330' 5.653
1/8 8.449
MPH 87.90
1000 10.924
1/4 12.961
MPH 111.95
BlackRS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
camarossowner
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PORT ORCHARD, WA
Posts: 734
Bremerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRS/SS View Post
What track were you at? I was at Pacific Raceways last night with mine and only saw one other Camaro and it was a Hennessy

I ran a 12.961 at 111.95 on street tires

60' 2.059
330' 5.653
1/8 8.449
MPH 87.90
1000 10.924
1/4 12.961
MPH 111.95
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
camarossowner
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PORT ORCHARD, WA
Posts: 734
Well, this Saturday's CCC racing was a good day, I came in as runner up. This should move me up in the points standings.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #16
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,077
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossowner View Post
Well, this Saturday's CCC racing was a good day, I came in as runner up. This should move me up in the points standings.
congrats Tom lol
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicle of the Red Devil - a Lingenfeltered and Pedderized 2010 Camaro 600hp-lpe Member Car Journals 86 09-14-2011 06:17 AM
Washing, Covering, and waxing questions CamaroCorvetteFerrari Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 24 03-14-2010 10:48 AM
2010 Chevrolet Camaro makes finalist list for 2010 World Car Design of the Year Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 37 02-17-2010 04:22 PM
Sports Car???? Eduk8r 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 50 09-21-2009 02:31 AM
Camaro Slated for Grand-Am KONI Challenge GS Class in 2009. garfin Camaro Motorsports Discussions 8 05-23-2009 12:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.