Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Blueraycamaro

Drives: 2013 2LT RS camaro
Mylink display pitch black

Hello, I have a question for anyone that can help. I have a 2013 2Lt RS model and it's stock expect for a harness I add for the foglamps that I install on Sept 18. On Nov 7 I went to the supermarket for grocery and I remote start the car in the parking lot when I got in the car I put the key in the ignition I notice the radio was playing but the mylink screen is pitch black. I can't see anything but I still can press the screen and you hear that it is working but the screen is black. Not even the back up camera is not coming on. Anyone ever experience this. All the fuses are good. Thanks
Blueraycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 1995 Camaro V6
Yup.

Shut the car down and take the key out to fully shut the system down. Then restart. Good to go.
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
1995 Camaro 3.4
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkn600CTD View Post
Yup.

Shut the car down and take the key out to fully shut the system down. Then restart. Good to go.
Is this common knowledge /practice?.. Why?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
Blueraycamaro

I did that, it's been 2 days now it hasn't come on. I'm going to call the dealer, but I don't like my local dealer because they don't take care of the car. The screen is just black, the sides light up and everything works, I just can't see anything.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
benji276289

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
You may have inadvertently gone into the menu and shut the screen off. If this is the case, I'm not sure how you can turn it back on again short of having your dealer do it.
benji276289 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
There's a known issue on this. There is a way to soft reset by turning the car off and leaving the car door open for 10 minutes. Most have been disconnecting the battery. Either option works. Have had it happen to me twice
Old 11-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
Blueraycamaro

Well the dealership appointment is not until the Nov 19. I didn't try to leave the car door open for 10 mins but I will try that. But I was thinking about disconnecting the battery but at the same time I didn't want it to reset the computers. I'm thinking is BCM problem.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #8
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueraycamaro View Post
Well the dealership appointment is not until the Nov 19. I didn't try to leave the car door open for 10 mins but I will try that. But I was thinking about disconnecting the battery but at the same time I didn't want it to reset the computers. I'm thinking is BCM problem.

Won't hurt to try. Worked twice for me and same for others
Old 11-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #9
Blueraycamaro

I brought the car to the shop on Wednesday Nov. 19 and the dealership has not contacted me as to any news at all. And they haven't given me any rental, so I have to wait until to see if I can get any news to why it's taken so long.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
Blueraycamaro

Dealership said the problem is burnt harness for the radio screen, wire harness is on order.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hello, I have a question for anyone that can help. I have a 2013 2Lt RS model and it's stock expect for a harness I add for the foglamps that I install on Sept 18. On Nov 7 I went to the supermarket for grocery and I remote start the car in the parking lot when I got in the car I put the key in the ignition I notice the radio was playing but the mylink screen is pitch black. I can't see anything but I still can press the screen and you hear that it is working but the screen is black. Not even the back up camera is not coming on. Anyone ever experience this. All the fuses are good. Thanks
Quote:
Dealership said the problem is burnt harness for the radio screen, wire harness is on order.
Blueraycamaro,

My apologies regarding your darkened MyLink screen. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer and now they have ordered you a new harness. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #12
Blueraycamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Blueraycamaro,

My apologies regarding your darkened MyLink screen. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer and now they have ordered you a new harness. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I call the dealership I took the car to see if they got the part, the service rep said he will check and call me back and that was last week. Do I have to call everyday just to have my car look at. They are over book because they are the only dealership in brooklyn ny right now
Old 12-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
I call the dealership I took the car to see if they got the part, the service rep said he will check and call me back and that was last week. Do I have to call everyday just to have my car look at. They are over book because they are the only dealership in brooklyn ny right now
Blueraycamaro,

Apologies that you haven't heard back. If you'd like, I can contact the dealership to let them to know to contact you when something opens up. Another option would be for me to provide you with a list of closest dealers using your zip code. We're just a private message away if you'd like to discuss this further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
Blueraycamaro

I call back today and they gave me appointment for 12/16/14 at 8am. Let's see from there.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
I call back today and they gave me appointment for 12/16/14 at 8am. Let's see from there.
Awesome, Blueraycamaro!

Please let me know what happens and keep me posted on this process.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #16
Blueraycamaro

The dealer finally fix the problem