Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #251
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
And an SS with a few mods would spank most any car. I'm a big fan of modding, but there is no replacement for displacement. Plus the genisis 3.8 V6 has 2hp more than the ls/lt and cost 1k less than an SS. The 22K base model has 210hp. And IMO they're ugly. So he may want to look into it a bit more. G35/37 or a 350z/370z may be better options.
the this shirt is for you lol
http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/n...shirt/44483275
Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #252
thebiz198

Drives: car
so you just bought a 2009 mustang when you knew the camaro was coming out shortly? now your going to trade it in for one. i call bull...
thebiz198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #253
mkaresh

Drives: 2003 Protege5, 2000 GS 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiz198 View Post
so you just bought a 2009 mustang when you knew the camaro was coming out shortly? now your going to trade it in for one. i call bull...
I'd think the same, except that I manage a car reliability study with 34000+ people. A small percentage of people do move quickly from car to car. I even accused one of them of single-handedly trying to keep GM in business.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #254
delwil05
Bad Camaro

Drives: Saving for CGM 2SS/RS...
Send a message via AIM to delwil05
Angry

good luck on those NOT employees.. i work at a dealer and they arent gonna b below msrp for a while.. FYI

delwil05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #255
oldemoldy

Drives: 2010 camaro
how it going out there the car are close to being at the dealers and times are tight. and to top it off my dealer is saying he wants 5k over msrp and i dont want to lose my pre order #1 what are you guys and gals getting charged msrp or ?
thanks
oldemoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #256
Fireball

Drives: Turbocharged
My local Chevy dealer said today that GM is not offering Employee Pricing on the Camaro. ???
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #257
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
My local Chevy dealer said today that GM is not offering Employee Pricing on the Camaro. ???
yea i believe that's the case right now but you can also see if you qualify for any discounts

http://www.chevrolet.com/currentoffers/
read the tabs below where it says NATIONAL INCENTIVES

The catch the dealer DOES NOT have to honor them
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #258
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
I am getting GMS from my dealer, so something is not right.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #259
mkaresh

Quote:
You mean not even for employees?

They have no current "employee pricing for everyone" incentive.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #260
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
i think he means like DODGE employee pricing for everyone
Old 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #261
mkaresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
IIRC, GMS is 4% over employee pricing.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:39 AM   #262
acerothstien

Drives: 2007 gt500, 1993 cobra R ,
great post thanks
acerothstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #263
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm not messing around with MSRP. Today I will begin submitting my offer to dealers along with all of my personal information. The first dealer to say yes to the following offer will earn my business. I don't care what they think about it's too new to discount or whatever their reasoning is. I'm ready to buy, but not at MSRP:

1SS 6 speed manual
Silver/black interior
RS Package
Moonroof

$29,850 out the door (including tax, title, all dealer fees, doc fees, etc.)

The economy is in the tank. Forget MSRP people. Time to start pressing for discounts on the Camaro, even SS models.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #264
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm not messing around with MSRP. Today I will begin submitting my offer to dealers along with all of my personal information. The first dealer to say yes to the following offer will earn my business. I don't care what they think about it's too new to discount or whatever their reasoning is. I'm ready to buy, but not at MSRP:

1SS 6 speed manual
Silver/black interior
RS Package
Moonroof

$29,850 out the door (including tax, title, all dealer fees, doc fees, etc.)

The economy is in the tank. Forget MSRP people. Time to start pressing for discounts on the Camaro, even SS models.
Sounds good.
Enjoy your new Camaro.........NEXT YEAR!!
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #265
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
Sounds good.
Enjoy your new Camaro.........NEXT YEAR!!

See, that's the attitude that lets dealers get away with not selling for less than MSRP - everyone needs to get off this attitude and start going for less than invoice (which, at that price point, GM and the dealers still make money on the sale).

Believe me, if everyone started nailing their dealer with low offers instead of asking "how much", they will have no choice but to sell them at more reasonable, realistic, and logical prices.

It amazes me how people get so emotionally wraped up in the car to a point where they leave logic out the window.

People should approach buying the Camaro as if it's any other car. Learn to sepparate your emotions from business. After all, buying a car is first and foremost business, especially when you are dealing with as much money cars cost today.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #266
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Tell him to check gmfamilyfirst.com. Be at his side when he does.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #267
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
See, that's the attitude that lets dealers get away with not selling for less than MSRP - everyone needs to get off this attitude and start going for less than invoice (which, at that price point, GM and the dealers still make money on the sale).

Believe me, if everyone started nailing their dealer with low offers instead of asking "how much", they will have no choice but to sell them at more reasonable, realistic, and logical prices.

It amazes me how people get so emotionally wraped up in the car to a point where they leave logic out the window.

People should approach buying the Camaro as if it's any other car. Learn to sepparate your emotions from business. After all, buying a car is first and foremost business, especially when you are dealing with as much money cars cost today.
You have a well conceived approach. Please let us all know how you make out. Even the negative. It may prove to be quite comical. Seriously, I wish you all the luck and believe you may be successful. In fact, why don't you call Joe Basil Chevy @ (716)683-6800 or e-mail steved@joebasilchevrolet.com and tell him you are from the forum. Be sure to talk to Steve. He is a manager there. It would also be helpful to mention Trents name (trm0002). I don't think Trent would mind.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #268
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:

Well with every new car there are so many people wanting it that the dealers can and do dictate what price they will sell it for.. Your plan works good on cars after they have been out and the initial demand is met but I have NEVER seen it work on a car that is in as much of a demand as the Camaro... The dealers know if you don't take it someone else will... That is how the rule of supply and demand works...

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #269
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Well with every new car there are so many people wanting it that the dealers can and do dictate what price they will sell it for.. Your plan works good on cars after they have been out and the initial demand is met but I have NEVER seen it work on a car that is in as much of a demand as the Camaro... The dealers know if you don't take it someone else will... That is how the rule of supply and demand works...
I understand all that.....

What I'm saying, is if EVERYONE who wants this car so badly, just walked into the dealer and made a below MSRP offer instead of just saying "okay, I love the car so much I think MSRP is a great deal", EVERYONE would be able to pay less for the car when dealers realize no one is buying them at full price.

The consumer has the power to control the price

But not when they live off their emotions and spend more money than use their brains.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #270
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
I understand all that.....

What I'm saying, is if EVERYONE who wants this car so badly, just walked into the dealer and made a below MSRP offer instead of just saying "okay, I love the car so much I think MSRP is a great deal", EVERYONE would be able to pay less for the car when dealers realize no one is buying them at full price.

The consumer has the power to control the price

But not when they live off their emotions and spend more money than use their brains.
Good luck coordinating that.

Hint... most of the preorder people aren't on this board.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #271
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Good luck coordinating that.

Hint... most of the preorder people aren't on this board.
Well there's no time like the present for someone to take the lead on this

I'll lead the way......

Everyone, follow meeeeeeeee
Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #272
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Well there's no time like the present for someone to take the lead on this

I'll lead the way......

Everyone, follow meeeeeeeee
I'm with you!!! Going to my dealer today to offer a price between invoice and msrp. They only have 1 pre ordered so well see, I'll update in a few hours.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #273
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

WELL..........

I went to my dealer today, and I offerered, in writing, something less than MSRP.......

They didn't laugh, they didn't tell me to go f myself, they didn't tell me I'll never get it.......

They wrote down all of my personal info, exactly what I want (trim, color, options), and told me as soon as everyone who got theirs in their first fullfilment of allocations (they had 15, all full) takes delivery, they will put together the order.

In the mean time, he told me one of their fullfilment orders was canceled last week because the person who ordered it lost their job :(

It is a black 2SS automatic with inferno orange interior, stripes, RS, and ground effects. No moonroof....... (even if he offered this one to me at invoice, I would say no because it's not my color and would still be too expensive for me)

Guess who will be the first to drive it providing no one buys it between now and the day it comes in!

Last edited by fastball; 04-06-2009 at 10:37 PM.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #274
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
I did the same thing, offered the sales manager a price (dont want to disclose that right now) around MSRP which i think is fair, they need to make a profit. Said he would check with the General Manager and see what he thinks. I told him you give me it at that price and i'll 100% for sure take it.

Still waiting for a call..........this was only 3 1/2 hours ago but im anxious.

Personally i dont think dealerships will make much money off the SS's, we dont need these cars they are just for fun. The V6's will be they cars they will make money on and i believe they know that.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #275
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
I did the same thing, offered the sales manager a price (dont want to disclose that right now) around MSRP which i think is fair, they need to make a profit. Said he would check with the General Manager and see what he thinks. I told him you give me it at that price and i'll 100% for sure take it.

Still waiting for a call..........this was only 3 1/2 hours ago but im anxious.

Personally i dont think dealerships will make much money off the SS's, we dont need these cars they are just for fun. The V6's will be they cars they will make money on and i believe they know that.

Don't hold your breath - they told me it wouldn't be for a few months before they would take my money to hold the order and put the order through, so I don't think any dealer is going to sell less than MSRP right now.

But in due time we'll get our cars at our prices. So long as you've planted the seed that you want it, you're serious about buying it, and you give them all of your info (name, address, and phone#'s) in writing, they aren't going to forget you.

Our patience will pay off