Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
IBM2LT

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Stripe Questions

Do any of you guys have an IBM with the factory Black Rally stripes? I bought mine back in March and my car seems to have really faded black stripes. These stripes should be vinyl correct? I don't know any way to make them really shine and I feel that it is taking away from the look of the car. Is there any way to make them shine or at least not look so streaked and faded? If not how much does it cost to have them painted roughly?

I also tried to use the search function but it is so broad I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.
IBM2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM2LT View Post
Do any of you guys have an IBM with the factory Black Rally stripes? I bought mine back in March and my car seems to have really faded black stripes. These stripes should be vinyl correct? I don't know any way to make them really shine and I feel that it is taking away from the look of the car. Is there any way to make them shine or at least not look so streaked and faded? If not how much does it cost to have them painted roughly?

I also tried to use the search function but it is so broad I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

When I bought mine my IBM I had the black stripes on it and hated it so i had silver stripes painted on mine..I paid 700 to have mine painted on
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: #708 Summit White ZL1 Del. 5/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM2LT View Post

Those would be the factory black stripe that only come in flat black. If you want gloss you will have to have them custom painted.
KLR ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
they shouldn't be faded,unless it is the wax you are using.try cleaning them with a vinyl cleaner,then use turtle wax ice on them.this will give you a little sheen.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
If your dealer used "GM" vinyl stripes you shouldn't have any fading in less than a year. The GM stripes are more of a satin finish, not flat or gloss. For a little more shine use Turtle Wax ICE. It's safe for paint and plastic/vinyl. Worse case, take it back as a warranty issue since they are covered for 3yr/36k.
ron10...guess I'm slow typing

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
IBM2LT

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV View Post
If your dealer used "GM" vinyl stripes you shouldn't have any fading in less than a year. The GM stripes are more of a satin finish, not flat or gloss. For a little more shine use Turtle Wax ICE. It's safe for paint and plastic/vinyl. Worse case, take it back as a warranty issue since they are covered for 3yr/36k.
ron10...guess I'm slow typing
I'll give this a shot. Thanks all of you for your feedback. It the Turtle Wax ICE doesn't fix my problem then I'm taking them in for sure.
IBM2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
dealer should replace them