Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

DJ Grilles
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #76
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Not even close. Without even knowing the Can. pricing yet, it's simple math.
Simple if you don't consider all of my factors. :-)

A) I didn't order what you ordered.
B) I've already started negioating MSRP and will be paying less, how about you?
C) Who the heck knows what the Cdn dollar will be in 4 months (good or bad)
D) I plan on putting down 8k or more to help with those damn taxes.

It's all speculation at this point... if it comes in at 45,000 am I really that far off? It just may make me decide to drop to a 2LT/RS.
austinpowersIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #77
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Why would you not name the dealer? Do you not want to help out other enthusiasts?
Ill gladly give it out once i have bought mine
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #78
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Ill gladly give it out once i have bought mine
That's not very nice. Do you really think it will make difference to how many they will have? If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #79
ChrisB

Quote:
If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Really? I was told i could order till late december/early january.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #80
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
That's not very nice. Do you really think it will make difference to how many they will have? If you don't order soon, you won't be able to anyways so why not share?
Yes, actually, it does make a difference. Each dealer only has a few to sell right now, the small dealers only have one to sell. But to your point, he does need to order soon or somebody will just buy the ones that dealer can sell before him.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #81
Hylton

Quote:
Really? I was told i could order till late december/early january.
Chris, PM me your email addy and I'll send you a copy of my bill of sale from another Quebec dealer. All you need right now is a grand deposit and they will be able to submit the order.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #82
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Yes, actually, it does make a difference. Each dealer only has a few to sell right now, the small dealers only have one to sell. But to your point, he does need to order soon or somebody will just buy the ones that dealer can sell before him.
If a dealer has only one allocation and Chris has not secured it yet then he probably won't. No dealer with one car is going to sell at less than MSRP unless it's sitting on the lot for over 60 days. Chris is probably in the greater MTL area so I would imagine that dealers have plenty of allocation.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #83
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
If a dealer has only one allocation and Chris has not secured it yet then he probably won't. No dealer with one car is going to sell at less than MSRP unless it's sitting on the lot for over 60 days. Chris is probably in the greater MTL area so I would imagine that dealers have plenty of allocation.
And I only put down $500. They didnt like it but I explained all the intrest they would make on it!
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #84
ChrisB

Ill try to clear a few things up.Im not from the Montreal area, im from the Quebec city area.

Yes i know i can order one with only a 1K deposit but simply dont want to do it until i know the prices. It would make me so mad to have to remove options or to cancel my order because of a pricing issue

The dealer that contacted me with the below MSRP offer was a dealer that i had sent only an email on Oct 13 to know if they were gonna start selling on Oct 16 and this week out the blue they called me and told me they got their allocation numbers and they got a lot more than expected and are willing to sell below MSRP. They offered it without even me asking for it.

I also visited another dealer less than 2 minutes away from my house on Monday and they told me MSRP is not a problem and that they have plenty of them to sell unless i wanted a V8 which were already sold out.I was told i could wait a while since they had until late december/early January to lock the orders up in the system and not being able to change them anymore. Until then all orders could be changed or canceled if needed.

So i decided to wait till the prices were released to make my decision.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #85
Hylton

Quote:
Yes i know i can order one with only a 1K deposit but simply dont want to do it until i know the prices. It would make me so mad to have to remove options or to cancel my order because of a pricing issue.
You can back out of your purchase if you do not like the price. What you can't do is get one after the allocation is filled. Order what you want now while you still can.

Not letting guys know the name of the dealer will not do anything for you.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #86
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

I got a voice mail today from a dealer in my area. The salesmen was following up on an email I sent several weeks ago about placing an order (for which he receives a fail) and other various questions. The part that was interesting is that he said he had pricing details. Of course, I called right away but he was tight lipped about any pricing, instead he just kept asking me to come in and sit down with him and we'd 'work it out'. I assume this is a sales tactic to assist in getting me into the dealership whereby he can spin some magic. Unless of course I'm wrong and dealerships do have access to Cdn pricing, but I doubt it... I'll stick with what I've been told and everybody has been saying here.

Almost makes me want to go, ask him several questions and then tell him the correct answers. It would totally be a waste of his time as I've already ordered elsewhere so that would just be mean.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #87
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpowersIII View Post
I got a voice mail today from a dealer in my area. The salesmen was following up on an email I sent several weeks ago about placing an order (for which he receives a fail) and other various questions. The part that was interesting is that he said he had pricing details. Of course, I called right away but he was tight lipped about any pricing, instead he just kept asking me to come in and sit down with him and we'd 'work it out'. I assume this is a sales tactic to assist in getting me into the dealership whereby he can spin some magic. Unless of course I'm wrong and dealerships do have access to Cdn pricing, but I doubt it... I'll stick with what I've been told and everybody has been saying here.

Almost makes me want to go, ask him several questions and then tell him the correct answers. It would totally be a waste of his time as I've already ordered elsewhere so that would just be mean.
I ordered my car through a good freind's dealership. If Canadian dealers had the prices, I'd know about it. I have also been contacted by a senior indivdual at GM of Canada who is responsible for pricing the car. He has told me this week that the pricing will not be available until mid November.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #88
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
I was at my dealer last night and they still have not been able to enter the order into "Workbench" the General manager said they will contacting GM on Monday to resolve the issue. Has any one else been having this problem?
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #89
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Quote:
I ordered my car through a good freind's dealership. If Canadian dealers had the prices, I'd know about it. I have also been contacted by a senior indivdual at GM of Canada who is responsible for pricing the car. He has told me this week that the pricing will not be available until mid November.
My dealership told me around the 15 or 16th of November too.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #90
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey guys, i went to the dealer to see if they got any new info and obviously they didnt, but I told my salesman that the base price in the US was 22995, he pulled out his calculater, and then said it would probably start around 28, it didnt affect me at all because i know they wont price it way over the chally or mustang but i thought i would just say it. Anyone, if you have any inside sources that give you price, please tell, im sure pricing leaks will pop around beginning November. BY the way, i passed by the dealer and saw an INFERNO colarado, and i pulled into the dealer sooo fast. This colour is BEAUTIFUL, its redy, and i love it, but when the sun hits it, it pops Orange, on a cloudy day it looks great, i cant wait to see it on my maro on a sunny day.
By the way, my salesman said that there was an article on the Camaro in the Star and that it stated that some camaros would be hitting the dealers ending february beginnig March, and then he told me that if mine is one of the cars out of the first batch of Camaros they get, that it would be on the Guardian or Star, thought it was pretty cool
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #91
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
My Bill of Sale has November 16th on it, ironic
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #92
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey guys, i went to the dealer to see if they got any new info and obviously they didnt, but I told my salesman that the base price in the US was 22995, he pulled out his calculater, and then said it would probably start around 28
At 22% ?? GM Canada better think twice if they expect to survive against their competition !!!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #93
CAMARO4LIFE

Drives: Chevy
well the Canadian dollar dropped a lot so hopefully it's not marked too high, hopefully better priced then the Pontiac G8
Old 10-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #94
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Well here we go again...an 78 cent dollar just as they set retails! Now they will cry that it "costs more" to get components from the USA ...so we will be back to 40% upcharge while it will it cost less for the dealers in the USA with their buck worth a dollar 20.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #95
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey guys, i went to the dealer to see if they got any new info and obviously they didnt, but I told my salesman that the base price in the US was 22995, he pulled out his calculater, and then said it would probably start around 28, it didnt affect me at all because i know they wont price it way over the chally or mustang but i thought i would just say it. Anyone, if you have any inside sources that give you price, please tell, im sure pricing leaks will pop around beginning November. BY the way, i passed by the dealer and saw an INFERNO colarado, and i pulled into the dealer sooo fast. This colour is BEAUTIFUL, its redy, and i love it, but when the sun hits it, it pops Orange, on a cloudy day it looks great, i cant wait to see it on my maro on a sunny day.
By the way, my salesman said that there was an article on the Camaro in the Star and that it stated that some camaros would be hitting the dealers ending february beginnig March, and then he told me that if mine is one of the cars out of the first batch of Camaros they get, that it would be on the Guardian or Star, thought it was pretty cool

Funny ...thats in the Salemans Guide to Selling 101. Just before they get the deposit cheque.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #96
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinpowersIII View Post
Simple if you don't consider all of my factors. :-)

A) I didn't order what you ordered.
B) I've already started negioating MSRP and will be paying less, how about you?
C) Who the heck knows what the Cdn dollar will be in 4 months (good or bad)
D) I plan on putting down 8k or more to help with those damn taxes.

It's all speculation at this point... if it comes in at 45,000 am I really that far off? It just may make me decide to drop to a 2LT/RS.

Of course it's all speculation.
The recent drop in the $C dollar, just before they set pricing isn't going to help though. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

One thing I'm wondering, how does putting more down help with taxes?
I've paid cash for vehicles and the tax doesn't change.
Is it different in Ont?
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #97
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Quote:
Of course it's all speculation.
The recent drop in the $C dollar, just before they set pricing isn't going to help though. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
Agreed.

Quote:
One thing I'm wondering, how does putting more down help with taxes?
I've paid cash for vehicles and the tax doesn't change.
Is it different in Ont?
No, I just figure it's the taxes that will make or break me at 13%, which I thought was higher in BC (but as I see from a re-read of your thread it's actually 12% not 15%... oops). I'm hoping to save enough to take care of that and then some.

Cheers!

Last edited by austinpowersIII; 10-28-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #98
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Yeah it's %5 gst and %7 pst unless the car is over $55,000 and then it is %8.
It can go up 2 percent more at higher intervals but I can't recall exactly what the thresholds are after 55K.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #99
Hylton

The exchange will play into the price setting but it's not everything (thank God). The fact that it is built here will clearly help us.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #100
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
The exchange will play into the price setting but it's not everything (thank God). The fact that it is built here will clearly help us.
i hope you're right