Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #171
Docknock

Drives: 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docknock View Post
cant wait to see it! take your time with the DIY

What happened to everyone talking about doing a DIY?
Docknock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #172
fr8sty
fr8sty

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 - Cyber Gray
Just got mine done this morning. Took about two hours, but I'm a noob. I hooked mine straight to the battery as well. Key fob seems to work great (for now...). Can't wait to see it at night!

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. Helped a lot!
Attached Images

fr8sty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 PM   #173
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSStinVRCamaro View Post
I set mine up tonight and the thing looks so sick. I decided not to have it run to a switch because the remote works perfectly...I was playing around with the patterns from at least 30 feet and it worked flawlessly so till something goes wrong there. Im happy. =) Best $25 dollar mod Ive ever seen. Thanks Wizzer...that pot should go to you. lol im sure if AAC or any other vendor sold the exact same thing..it would be well over a hundred dollars.
30ft!!! you gotta take a picture of your remote box and remote. did you do anything special to it?
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #174
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Glad everyone is happy with it! I've had mine installed for about 4 days now but didnt get the chance to come back here and post about it. Mine lasted about a whole 2 minutes and now it wont come back on, haha. The remote is cheap, i dropped it by mistake, and now i have to squeeze the remote and push the button at the same time to get the remote to work. Anyone play with the little switch on the black box? No idea what its for.

Dang. Well push the little button that is covered with the black plastic. That will pick your flash pattern. Once you pick your pattern wire it to a toggle switch and turn it off with that switch. It will remember what you picked last. I never use my remote. Its a big fat turd. I think I will order a 2nd bar next month in case I burn a led. I think this topic proved that a higher grade version of this bar would sell. I hope someone makes like a 50 dollar version with a warranty. Sorry you had a dud from the factory. Keep with it though its worth it.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #175
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docknock View Post
What happened to everyone talking about doing a DIY?

Dock do you need help installing it. You can PM me for me cell number and I can walk you through it. It is really only a few hour install. Remember if you are not handy with 12v wiring bribe a buddy with beer to help you. You can start a fire if you just wing it. That is very rare but never be afraid to ask for help in the forum if you need it. I talk to you as long as want if you need help.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #176
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
RED!

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:31 AM   #177
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post

Nice. I settled on that pattern also. If I ever get tired of it there is like ton more. Did you guys find the pattern that runs through them all. It is deceiving because it looks like it just does the same pattern but if you want 15 sec it jumps to the next pattern. Hard to find but its there. I might use the last one for the car shows. We are off to hooters on June 11th for a car show there with our camaro club. They are going to rope off the front parking lot for us and the girls will pose with the cars. The light is fantastic for shows. Sets you apart from everyone! Anyone wanting to join up living in middle GA friend us on facebook. "Rockin Robins Camaro" We will take you if you are within 2 hour drive and make the monthly meets. We are out in Warner Robins close to Macon.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #178
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Dang. Well push the little button that is covered with the black plastic. That will pick your flash pattern. Once you pick your pattern wire it to a toggle switch and turn it off with that switch. It will remember what you picked last. I never use my remote. Its a big fat turd. I think I will order a 2nd bar next month in case I burn a led. I think this topic proved that a higher grade version of this bar would sell. I hope someone makes like a 50 dollar version with a warranty. Sorry you had a dud from the factory. Keep with it though its worth it.
Whats funny is that I sent them an email via ebay stating what happened, and they replied about 30 seconds later asking if i wanted a refund or if i wanted them to send me another one, so for customer service i give 'em an A. Side note, I fixed the problem, i opened the black box and found that the power wire had come loose and had to be soldered back on. Works like a champ now and my remote is working better for some odd reason too, tossed it over my shoulder when i got fed up with it, and now its not being so tempermental. i'm posting a vid here in a few minutes. Took me about 15 minutes to do the install. I didnt do a DIY, figured someone would have taken care of that by now. lol.

For those that already have it installed as well, do you see the light coming through the gap between the hood and the bumper? I find it so irritating. im going to fashion up a little black deflector shield type thingamajigg to keep the light from reflecting up and out that gap.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:07 AM   #179
SDCamaro10

Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 AM   #180
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post

wow thats weird, i dont have that pattern for mines. i guess since i got the blue and red color combo it wouldnt look good.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #181
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
i disagree i think it would! lol

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #182
Wizzer

Quote:

I don't see a light though my bumper. Yours is mounted a tad higher than mine. i wonder if that is why. Either way it looks great.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #183
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8sty View Post
Just got mine done this morning. Took about two hours, but I'm a noob. I hooked mine straight to the battery as well. Key fob seems to work great (for now...). Can't wait to see it at night!

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. Helped a lot!
Could you explain how you did it cause im a new too haha :(
Old 06-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #184
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
i have a question do u remove the grill from behind or do u stick the drill in there to tie it with zip ties like wizzer did? im still a bit confused or having a hard time understanding why to mark the hinge for like wizzer explained please help. i got my light this weekend i still havent put it on till i get more help, just finish painting my engine cover tough that came out pretty good the inferno orange is awsome looking.
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #185
SDCamaro10

i'll make a short DIY video here shortly on how to wire to the battery
Old 06-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #186
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
i'll make a short DIY video here shortly on how to wire to the battery
Please do!