Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 AM   #251
jnglo

Drives: Hummer H1, Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparaz View Post
you did the install on those underglows yourself J? I wasn't big into the underbody lights much but seeing the one side scale up and down with the music just like an EQ meter just is sick. Howd you get that sucker wired into the music, part of the kit?
lol, yah i didnt want it to look rice, but when i read that it beats to music, im like WTF, im getting it! lol. and yah, you could either install it directly, or with a microphone. the mic is supplied and so is the wire that you can use to directly connect to the stereo system. For me the mic is enough, i didnt want to mess with the speakers. and the mic is spot on with the music.
jnglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #252
sparaz

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
i'm interested in the install man, can you give me more info and tell me how exactly the install went and whether they have it in blue? I don't wanna bite your style and if you don't want me to do it I wont (cause i respect uniqueness); but damn if I wasn't smiling when that sucker was bouncing to the music, that is totally show quality funk right there . I just did my lightbar install last night and it looks great in blue, I got interior blue lighting too. I just got it lowered today with caliper covers put on. Next thing I will do after my body work and GFX will be to put the Blue oracle halos/fogs on that sucker with show controls. If I rocked a ground glow kit like that with the light show from headlights and lightbar too it would be pretty fun to watch!
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #253
jnglo

The install went much better than i expected. I expected to drill a lot of places for the mounts. but there was no drilling at all for me, just zip-tying. most important thing to remember for the install is make sure to point the side tubes toward the back (if you're going to install it my way), and make sure to avoid any moving or hot parts (suspension, engine, exhaust). here's the blue: http://www.ledunderbody.com/Blue-LED...hting-Kit.aspx

as far as uniqueness, lol. i dont care at all if you put them on. everyone's camaro is unique, the lights just add more "oooows and aaahs" lmao. i want the oracles too, but it seems like a tough DIY install, but anyway, have fun with it man
Old 06-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #254
sparaz

I won't do the Oracles myself, i'll use an authorized installer, they have a bunch in CA. Can you elaborate on the pointing toward the back part?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #255
jnglo

oh damn, i have to look into that. i really want the oracle fog light neons. for the side tubes, you want the wire that its connected to to point towards the trunk, then you want to pull the wires from under the trunk through to the back seat area. i put all the install info in the videos on the bottom of page 10, you should definitely take a look at them for the install.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #256
sparaz

Finally did it too

My video sucks, but I promised a friend I would show him so I figured i'd prove that I finally finished. The wiring was flawless and everything looks factory quality under the hood.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #257
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT/Sun Roof/Gray Seats
Installed Mine - Pic Only

Here's my light bar installed behind my grill on my 2SS/RS. Just a pic...but I think it looks great. If I ever do a video, I'll post it up here too. The install was easy...figuring out where to install it was the hard part. I'm trying mine totally hidden behind the horizontal cross bar of the grill facing toward the radiator, so it reflects off of it. Looks great at night and at dusk. Can't really see it in the sun.

Haven't decided yet if I want to turn it around and mount it a little higher like the OP. We'll see...

My thanks to fellow member Atti2ude for help with install, use of tools and a few other materials...Thanks, Chris!
Attached Images

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #258
sparaz

Yup, the glow does look nice. Subdued and incognito warm red meanness.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #259
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Here's my light bar installed behind my grill on my 2SS/RS. Just a pic...but I think it looks great. If I ever do a video, I'll post it up here too. The install was easy...figuring out where to install it was the hard part. I'm trying mine totally hidden behind the horizontal cross bar of the grill facing toward the radiator, so it reflects off of it. Looks great at night and at dusk. Can't really see it in the sun.

Haven't decided yet if I want to turn it around and mount it a little higher like the OP. We'll see...

My thanks to fellow member Atti2ude for help with install, use of tools and a few other materials...Thanks, Chris!
That's a great idea, that didnt even cross my mind to do that!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #260
jnglo

hey guys make sure to tie off or cover the end of the light where the red wire is coming out. both of my lights failed after a carwash today.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #261
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
ew that sucks! :( mine is holding up like a champ, been through several washes so far.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:23 AM   #262
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnglo View Post
hey guys make sure to tie off or cover the end of the light where the red wire is coming out. both of my lights failed after a carwash today.
yeh i noticed that too, water seems to creep in and cause moisture to build in your LED bar after a few washes. ill probably just silicone the end.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 AM   #263
jnglo

yah siliconing sounds like a good idea. looks like i need to order new ones. its good that they're cheap lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #264
sparaz

ouch that sucks, going to wash mine today, maybe should electrical tape it first.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #265
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Does any one know how long I can keep my knight rider light on with my bring turn off thus the led light is connected straight to the battery. So how much time do I h e before my battery goes dead?
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #266
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rareslick View Post
Does any one know how long I can keep my knight rider light on with my bring turn off thus the led light is connected straight to the battery. So how much time do I h e before my battery goes dead?

lol

No idea what that is all about but if you put down the beer and try again I will answer you.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #267
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
Yup, still want one..lol
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #268
rareslick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
lol

No idea what that is all about but if you put down the beer and try again I will answer you.
sorry for my grammer i guess i was typing to fast man i feel dumb.
ok my question is how long can i keep my knight rider light on? which is hooked up straight to the battery, with the car being off, before my car battery goes dead
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #269
Wizzer

Good question. I am away on a trip right now but what I can do is take a meter and see the amount of draw it takes when I get home. If it pulls one amp you then need to look at the rating on the battery. I am thinking overnight would be no problem provided you drive the car over 15 mins or so each day. I will have to do the math when I get back.

I left mine on by accident last week and my car started fine in the morning.

Wizzer
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #270
Wizzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnglo View Post
lol, yah i didnt want it to look rice, but when i read that it beats to music, im like WTF, im getting it! lol. and yah, you could either install it directly, or with a microphone. the mic is supplied and so is the wire that you can use to directly connect to the stereo system. For me the mic is enough, i didnt want to mess with the speakers. and the mic is spot on with the music.

How well is the under body tubes sealed. I got mine in the mail a few days ago but I am on a trip and wont be home till next week.

For the record my light has some water in it also. I drove through a fricking monsoon yesterday and I have water build up. I ordered a new light last night so I have something on tap to change out. I sure wish I would have noticed the gaps before hand. Mine is working fine but I think its only a matter of time. I will take some RTV gunk and do it better next time. Hey... Maybe my next remote wont be a total turd.

Be advised water build up can be avoided if you SEAL YOUR LIGHT BEFORE INSTALLATION .... I guess you live and learn.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #271
rareslick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Good question. I am away on a trip right now but what I can do is take a meter and see the amount of draw it takes when I get home. If it pulls one amp you then need to look at the rating on the battery. I am thinking overnight would be no problem provided you drive the car over 15 mins or so each day. I will have to do the math when I get back.

I left mine on by accident last week and my car started fine in the morning.

Wizzer
Ok thanks for your help I still won't mind waiting for u to get back from ur trip to measure the amp. So an over nighter should be a biggie I'm guessing since u have left it on by accident. I was hoping to get three hours minimum but seems like I might be getting more than hoped.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #272
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I think the battery would last probably about a full day and a couple hours give or take if you left the light turned on. I dont advise leaving it on for too long though.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #273
rareslick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
I think the battery would last probably about a full day and a couple hours give or take if you left the light turned on. I dont advise leaving it on for too long though.
Was the longest period of time would you say to leave it on?(recommended?
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #274
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
Greetings from the Middle East!

Thanks a ton for this cool mod Wizzer! I just got it installed, here's a video of it in action:

suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #275
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Me and chris have left The lights on for hole car shows with no trouble.that's about 4 hours
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote