Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #155
Jetreid

Drives: 2010 Camaro ls
the remote sucks if you can get it to work everytime let me know. I just tapped into my headlight wire for power w/ a inline fuse and unscrewed a bolt close for the ground. drilled a hole 1/2 inch underneath hood latch cable and pushed my wires to a temporary red luminated switch to turn on and off. When i use my keyless entry at night it turns on the lights when i unlock and lock. I will have a video up tomorrow hopefully if i got time.....memorial weekend man got to drink some beers.
Jetreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #156
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Blackout -just remove the top part of the emergency jump.not just the littel cover but the hole top peace.loosen just enough to push a horse shoe shaped conector in betwean the washers and retiten.buy good conectors ones with shrink tubing already on them.these seam to work best.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #157
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Blackout -just remove the top part of the emergency jump.not just the littel cover but the hole top peace.loosen just enough to push a horse shoe shaped conector in betwean the washers and retiten.buy good conectors ones with shrink tubing already on them.these seam to work best.
Thanks a lot! can i buy them just at like an auto zone?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #158
Medic726

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Yellow Auto
Night video clip

Medic726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:24 AM   #159
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetreid View Post
the remote sucks if you can get it to work everytime let me know. I just tapped into my headlight wire for power w/ a inline fuse and unscrewed a bolt close for the ground. drilled a hole 1/2 inch underneath hood latch cable and pushed my wires to a temporary red luminated switch to turn on and off. When i use my keyless entry at night it turns on the lights when i unlock and lock. I will have a video up tomorrow hopefully if i got time.....memorial weekend man got to drink some beers.
Sounds awesome man. This is exactly what I want to do. Can you please post some pics or video of the wiring and the fuse? Im really curious how you set it up. Thanks
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #160
Aceman1120

Drives: Orange Metallic RS
Hi guys, got mine in, but have to return it cause 3 led,s are not lighting.
To everyone having problem with the remote...Hold the remote to your neck (touching ur neck or face), then try using it. A buddy of mine, that installs car alarms, taught me this trick. Sometimes, I would be a block away from my car and the remote signal would not reach (to activate my remote start/alarm), but when I put it up to my neck..whala!! Our body acts like a big antena and this trick always improved the range..it's worth a try
Aceman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:30 AM   #161
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Yes auto part stores will have what you'll need .advanced auto has a good selection.I can try to post pics later just not shore when.if you are going to run this off a switch use the ground as the switchable source not power.if you get a short the only problome will be that the light won't turn off .it's better than burning a wire.some guys do it differant but this seamed to allwase worked for me.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #162
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
Hail

****in yeah

thank you. i was hopin to get this done. after finding this i'll try to do this myself. but for you guys using blue/white/red.....I am pretty sure their illegal.

Red : You cannot have braking lights in front of the car

White: You cannot have reverse lights in front of the car

Blue/Red/White: You cannot use light in front of, below, or facing forward which can be mistaken for a polic/emergency vehicle.

I def want to get this in orange. Woo freakin hoo baby. This is def getting done soon.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #163
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic726 View Post
Night video clip

Heck ya! So sweet. Glad to see the red there. How long did it take for you to pick that pattern.. I ran through them for like an hour drinking beer and having the neighbors over giving there thoughts.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #164
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
oh. If anyone can figure out a hot wire to the alarm you will be a god in the forums here and my personal hero. I tapped a lot of wires testing and no luck so far. When i get out of the car I just hit the switch to turn it on but...... I want to arm the oem alarm and the light triggers immediately.. I think we all need to paypal a dollar and build a pot that the winner gets when this is figured out. It is very important that the light be triggered when the alarm is activated. Kind of light having KITT stand guard when you walk away and hit the arm button. ( childish but I am young at heart )
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #165
Medic726

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Yellow Auto
I gotta say I'm still playing around with this thing! I went straight for the knight rider look but other patterns are starting to catch my eye. I'm glad I went with the install strickly in the engine bay though...If I had a switch inside I'd be real tempted to have that thing on cruising down the road.

By the way the legality of the light and its color is up for debate. For instance I am a volunteer Medic on my local ambulance service. I have clearance to respond to emergencies in my own vehicle and can run emergency lights red, white, blue, or a combination of each. That makes it all the more tempting for me to install a switch and run this baby balls out responding to calls!
Medic726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #166
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Yes auto part stores will have what you'll need .advanced auto has a good selection.I can try to post pics later just not shore when.if you are going to run this off a switch use the ground as the switchable source not power.if you get a short the only problome will be that the light won't turn off .it's better than burning a wire.some guys do it differant but this seamed to allwase worked for me.
yes if you could post pictures that would be awesome!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:49 AM   #167
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Glad everyone is happy with it! I've had mine installed for about 4 days now but didnt get the chance to come back here and post about it. Mine lasted about a whole 2 minutes and now it wont come back on, haha. The remote is cheap, i dropped it by mistake, and now i have to squeeze the remote and push the button at the same time to get the remote to work. Anyone play with the little switch on the black box? No idea what its for.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:33 AM   #168
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Yeh! that remote isn't very good. You have to be within 2 ft to get it to work. Looks good though. Even the Sheriff thinks it's cool.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote