Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #188
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
hey guys FYI, theres a how to video on the first page in wizzers first post, second video down. I will do another though, but its going to be very simple, and more of a informative type. i took mine out to re-do the wiring and stuff and i ran out of connectors, but i'll describe it as best as possible.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #189
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rareslick View Post
i have a question do u remove the grill from behind or do u stick the drill in there to tie it with zip ties like wizzer did? im still a bit confused or having a hard time understanding why to mark the hinge for like wizzer explained please help. i got my light this weekend i still havent put it on till i get more help, just finish painting my engine cover tough that came out pretty good the inferno orange is awsome looking.
Ok, the reason you mark or scratch an outline of the Hood hinge thingy is because when you take it off, there is room to move it around, hmm how can i explain this.... its like your rear liscense plate, you are able to move your plate around where the bolts are to be tightened so you can adjust exactly where you feel would fit properly. The problem with not outlining the hood hinge area is because you wont know exactly where it was when you took it off thus if you bolt it back on too low or too high, you might damage your hood when you try to close it. sorry for my bad grammar.

As for drilling holes into your front bumper like wizzer did. i prefered to drill smaller holes, just enough so i could fit a black electrical wire instead of a larger zip tie.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #190
Medic726

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Yellow Auto
Just an FYI I was able to drill the holes from outside the grill area and did not remove the hood latch.
Medic726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #191
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
Ok, the reason you mark or scratch an outline of the Hood hinge thingy is because when you take it off, there is room to move it around, hmm how can i explain this.... its like your rear liscense plate, you are able to move your plate around where the bolts are to be tightened so you can adjust exactly where you feel would fit properly. The problem with not outlining the hood hinge area is because you wont know exactly where it was when you took it off thus if you bolt it back on too low or too high, you might damage your hood when you try to close it. sorry for my bad grammar.

As for drilling holes into your front bumper like wizzer did. i prefered to drill smaller holes, just enough so i could fit a black electrical wire instead of a larger zip tie.
you dont even need to take the hood hinge off...i didnt...just the top plate....i used a dremmel which fit in the grille nicely drilled a hole just big enough for a SMALL ziptie...lights nice and snug and looks magnificent

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #192
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
hey guys FYI, theres a how to video on the first page in wizzers first post, second video down. I will do another though, but its going to be very simple, and more of a informative type. i took mine out to re-do the wiring and stuff and i ran out of connectors, but i'll describe it as best as possible.
Its not to the battery
Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #193
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
Its not to the battery
Ok, i'll try and get one up on how to wire to the battery. My camera battery was dead last night so its been charging. Will try and get one up tonight.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #194
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Ok, i'll try and get one up on how to wire to the battery. My camera battery was dead last night so its been charging. Will try and get one up tonight.
I would so appreciate that!!
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #195
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
you dont even need to take the hood hinge off...i didnt...just the top plate....i used a dremmel which fit in the grille nicely drilled a hole just big enough for a SMALL ziptie...lights nice and snug and looks magnificent
Good on you if you can work without removing the latch. I needed the room for my fat hands and my drill.the scratch that I am talking about let's you put the hood latch in the same spot if you remove the hood latch. Kind of like tracing around your fingers so you can put your hand In the same exact spot. A hood latch that is not aligned will cause you problems opening and closing the hood. As for wiring I am going to leave the rest to other people. Might be good to have a fresh perspective by someone else.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #196
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Good on you if you can work without removing the latch. I needed the room for my fat hands and my drill.the scratch that I am talking about let's you put the hood latch in the same spot if you remove the hood latch. Kind of like tracing around your fingers so you can put your hand In the same exact spot. A hood latch that is not aligned will cause you problems opening and closing the hood. As for wiring I am going to leave the rest to other people. Might be good to have a fresh perspective by someone else.

Wizzer
Ok I think I get it now so u mean like trace a round the latch that is on the wall piece so it can leave the exact place to put it back rite?
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #197
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

wiring...i poked a hole in the rubber gromet near the steering column...ran a clothes hangar thru it...taped the wires to that...pulled em in the car...wired to cig lighter...but im curious to know what wires are hot all the time so i can wire to my toggle switch

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #198
sparaz
867-5309

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
wiring...i poked a hole in the rubber gromet near the steering column...ran a clothes hangar thru it...taped the wires to that...pulled em in the car...wired to cig lighter...but im curious to know what wires are hot all the time so i can wire to my toggle switch
There is already a rubber gromet near the column that is easy access ? So you didn't drill a hole? how long did that take you? I jus got my lights in the mail today and am going to install either this weekend or next depending on how busy I am. Any new knowledge going into the project would be a big help
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #199
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

yeah look under ur dash...where ur steering column is...ull feel a rubber thing...i just used a box cutter to make a small incision and inserted the hangar in...pushed it all the way up...had my dad grab the end and tape the wires to it...then pulled it through...it was stubborn at first since theres a little felt piece on the engine compartment side that likes to snag the wires...i didnt want to drill so i found an alternative....also....dont worry about the hood hinge...if ur hands are small enough u can mount the bar without removing it...just the top plate and ur golden....use a small dremmel instead of a full fledged drill more precise and the little dremmel fits in ur palm so u can fit it in the grille from the front....i mounted my control box just above the radiator right behind the hinge facing towards the engine....i can take pix if im confusing you....ull need extra wire if u plan on running to the cig lighter like i did...id say 4 feet just to be safe u can always snip the extra...radioshack for that

Old 06-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #200
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
As promised here are my pictures:
Attached Images

Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #201
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

now just put a lightbar on top and a few decals and ur honolulu popo lol

Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #202
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
looks good kreature, i have mine on order cant wait till it gets here.
Attached Images

jennnchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #203
SDCamaro10

Sorry about the vid guys, hang in there, im having some trouble with my editing programs. being an HD camera, i have to downscale everything so that i can upload it here and my program is having glitches. hoping to get it uploaded today or tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #204
sparaz
867-5309

Drives: 2010 CMG RS & 86 black Z28 3rd gen
Jenn you need to throw those new T2 ports on there from ACS when they are finished. Then you'd have your finished bumblee clone
sparaz is offline   Reply With Quote