Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #101
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT 99 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to CAP'N B
I'm glad that the Red Jewel Tintcoat isn't as popular, I would have liked to get the cloth seats in my 2SS. I think they should also have the electric seat for the passenger side too, my 99 Silverado has it. I don't need a seat heater I need a seat Air Conditioner, Summer in the deep south and leather seats don't go together , you can leave some skin on those seats if you have shorts on. Other than the Red Jewel Tintcoat, the Aqua Blue Metallic would have been the color I would have chosen.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:09 AM   #102
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
CGM as little as it exists won twice in the colour voting thread says alot about it
Old 05-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #103
BTex68

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC81 View Post
I'm pretty happy with my 1SS IBM especially since I see how rare it is now. I wanted bluetooth but not so much everything else that came with the 2SS. I could care less about the gauges. I have a spot to put stuff while freeing up my cup holders for their intended purpose. The usb is meh imho. My wife has an ipod, but I go this route throw about 10CD's in MP format on one CD and bam there you go! Only thing I wanted was stereo controlls on the wheel. Since then I have installed them and saved a ton of money vs getting options I didnt want.

Edit: GM failed with how they laid out options I think.
really? the stereo controls are what you wanted? That seems strange to me.
I have them and never use them.
I use the usb everyday as well as the bluetooth
BTex68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #104
Enator

Drives: 2011 SHELBY GT500 & Volvo S80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
im curious on how many manuals vs automatics being sold as well.
You ask too much
Attached Images

Enator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #105
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanHfuda View Post
CGM as little as it exists won twice in the colour voting thread says alot about it

Ya kind of like someone who buys something thinking its nice and then finds out its actually rubbish... then goes on forums and keeps saying its the best trying to make people believe him and feel like he made the right choice

Im just messing btw.. dont take that seriously
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #106
BTex68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I see what you are saying. But 51% of Camaro Owners opted for the 2SS and that is a huge statement against the 1SS made by the graph or sales numbers, NOT me. I read the graph and thats what I understood. When V8 purchasers had the option to go with the 1SS they ignored the model by a significant ratio and I think an assumption can be made there that most owners were thinkin "if I can spend money on a V8, then I can afford the extra 3K"

Parallel that to the 1LT vs 2LT numbers the graph clearly shows a closer competition and obviously just as many 1LT owners saw value in that model because of affordability and no need for the extra options. Hell thats why I went with that model.

I don't think any Camaro model is useless, but the graph clearly shows that consumers don't see almost as much value in a 1SS as a LS model. And those consumers aren't V6 owners they are fellow SS owners who opted for the 2SS model instead.
youre starting to make more sense. I realize you are trying to defend your purchase of the girl model. It's no prob.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #107
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.

i don't see how it was pointless or illogical for me to buy my 1SS. IMO leather was not needed bluetooth or the other snazzy stuff, all i wanted was a SS/RS with cloth, now you can keep your little LT and i'll rock my LS3 and cloth everything and love it, thank you.
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM   #108
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
I find the wide gap between the number of 2ss andd 1ss sold compared to the close game of the number of 2lt vs 1lt sold telling.

Seems like, the 1ss is almost a useless model to offer, because if someone is going to to get the V8 they might as well get the 2ss, because its absolutely illogical to spend the money on the SS and not get the full model.

Now compare that to the narrow gap between 2lt and 1lt. Looks like the 1LT owners didn't see the point of spending any more change, because they wanted to stay at a certain pricepoint. But combine the 2 numbers and you have almost 35% of the market being V6 Camaros.
I'm glad I saved the money on the 1SS. I don't need leather in Miami..
Old 05-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #109
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
I have the 2SS package (leather) because I wanted it.
GM could or should have let us southern, warm weather people order cloth in an 2ss package. Imagine how the sells would have been between cold and warm weather regions.

2SS Transformer Edition - non-RS 2010 Camaro
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #110
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I have the 2SS package (leather) because I wanted it.
GM could or should have let us southern, warm weather people order cloth in an 2ss package. Imagine how the sells would have been between cold and warm weather regions.

2SS Transformer Edition - non-RS 2010 Camaro
Yep, I would have ordered the 2SS if I could have gotten cloth with it. However the price should have been a thousand or so less I would imagine..
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #111
BTex68

cloth isn't "cooler"
It just seems that way because the sweat absorbs into the cloth. yay!
Plus that is what AC is for. When you have AC leather or cloth doesn't matter.

yes it gets hot when youre not in it. but is cooled off within seconds of sitting on it. lets be honest here
id prefer cloth in a cold region. it doesn't get stiff from cold and warms up quicker.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #112
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTex68 View Post
Id take a 1SS over a 2LT anyday. Its not illogical. Most car people buy Camaros for the engine. Not cause its pretty. If they only made a V6 I wouldn't own a Camaro.
I wasn't comparing between the LT and SS models man.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #113
Blade

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS SIM RS
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enator View Post
Here it comes
Wow.......that's a lot of Non-RS, more than I figured. I think I may have seen 2 non-RS cars in the last few months around Charlotte. One of them was Synergy.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #114
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolee View Post
wow take things to heart much?... relax he was just stating an opinion like we all do on here
You can relax too. I was just stating my opinion like we all do on here also.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #115
HDDAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJxiv1215 View Post
I think you're taking this far more seriously than was warranted. ::shrug::
I don't. Shrug::
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #116
HDDAN

Quote:
Hey.......just cuz I decided to talk out of my ass doesn't mean everyone else, including you, have to do it either.....LMFAO
You knock my choice of car and wish that Chevy didn't build them because , in your opinion, they are lesser cars and I shouldn't respond? What are the rules here? I am not a six cylinder lover, but I have no problem with Chevy building them if they can make a buck on them. I am on Camaro number 4 and they all were V-8s but you don't see me on here denigrating the less powerful models of my favorite car. Why should you be denigrating the less doodad filled cars?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #117
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
2LT Automatic CGM.
Man I'm rare

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #118
HDDAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wow...somebody not happy! lol

Maybe it makes you feel better that you have the V8, but you do not technically have the "full" model. Thats the 2SS and you don't have it. I'm in no way putting you down for getting a 1SS, but don't state you have the full model.

Now, I will agree with you that I don't think it is "illogical" to get a 1SS vs going for 2SS.....just try not to get all bent out of shape about it next time by reasoning that you car is much better because you have a V8.
Let's see, what don't I have? The Brembos? The V-8, the upgraded suspension? The SS embroidery? The 20'' wheels with the P-Zeros? Oh, I know, a real SS would have bluetooth and a garage door opener. All of the fast cars at the drag strip have bluetooth so that they can talk to the timing tower hands free at 110 MPH. Oh, and I see that you have the secretary's model, the "little six". No wonder that you need the doodads.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #119
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
I have to admit I like the C and C and use the blue-tooth daily. Sure you can add it and should if you are shifting. (after-market is fine) as my 02 B4C camaro is a pain in the butt when I get a call. The 2ss is not a Z/28 and kinda not a pure go fast car. the 2010 also is so unlike all other f bodies before it. I would not try to compare the uses. Some folks want the go fast part other want the upscale feature that the 2010 offers.
Every version of this car is an upgrade from any previous F car built. Lastly an argument against leather for heat is not very smart. Or one could easily get a swap if ya wanted . If you park in the sun the simple solution is to put your seat back up like you were going in the rear.
BOTTOM LINE We are all Brothers and Sisters of Camaro steel.
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:24 AM   #120
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
V8 vs. V6 numbers

I believe that over time you will see these numbers shift. This represents only the first year of production data and it took them the first 6 or 7 months just to build all the pre-orders. The majority of pre-orders were the hardcore Camaro enthusiast who would have nothing less than the V8. I could be wrong but I expect to see the V6 sales/production numbers to gradually catch up to and over take the V8.

I hate to use it as a comparison and haven't looked at the stats but looking at the Mustang sales/production numbers will probably be indicative of where the Camaro sales/production numbers end up, speaking strictly on V6 vs. V8 sales and production.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #121
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolee View Post
i see what your saying but i see that a lot of guys on here want just the engine and nothing fancy, like no guages, no bluetooth, no leather, just an engine, body, a steering wheel and maybe... maybe.. maybe a radio lol

+1
Old 05-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #122
HDDAN

Here is the reason that I did not get the 2SS and it was NOT the extra 3 grand. As I have stated here over and over, this is my fourth Camaro. My second Camaro was a 1998 Black Z-28 with leather and every bell and whistle that was available. The first problem was when I discovered that Chevrolet does NOT have leather upholstery, they have leather appointed seating surfaces. When I discovered the miles of VINYL surronding the pieces of leather I vowed never again. My 02 (shown in my avatar) was a factory order with cloth. My 98's seats looked like sh1t after the first 10,000 miles. If they had ala-cart ordering, I would have selected some of the 2SS's doodads. As it stands, I have the polished wheels, the Boston Accoustics ($950.00 for these two things) and I have ordered the gauge pack($389.00) I have had my 1SS since 5/20/09 and I still love it. I have no regrets at not getting the more flamboyant 2SS. I was upset that Blade did not think that the 1SS should exist. What I would have liked would have been to have Chevrolet allow us to pick and choose our options one at a time like in the old days. If someone has the leather, I suggest that they go look at it again and find the VINYL. I will admit that Chevy did a pretty good job with the grain on the vinyl, it almost looks real. I still get angry about the vinyl that was in my 1998 Z-28 and by the way, the Z-28 was NEVER the upscale model to the SS. Check back, the original Z-28 was a 302 CI designed for the Trans-am 5.0 liter sedan class racing. The original SS's were available with engines starting at 350 CI and could be ordered with up to a 375 HP 396 engine.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #123
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
I feel i have a limited car, black 1SS non RS
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #124
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
This is bullshit... Why is Aqua Blue metalic so low... if that color were still available it would be selling like crazy.
Evidently, you're wrong. Not enough people pre-ordered it, so they canned it.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #125
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
If they allowed the 1SS to get the connectivity package, a lot more would be sold (with corresponding drop in 2SS). 1LT gets connectivity package option, but not 1SS. Some people NEED to have bluetooth, especially with the manual tranny. Makes no sense to me.
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote