Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Lucky enough to have both systems...Any Questions?

On the fence about which one to get? I will try to be as unbiased as possible and answer any questions i can!
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed '12 2SS/RS LS3 '15 Z/28
I'd wait for some better games to come out on either of them, or wait for some bundles. There's an Infamous Second Son bundle for PS4, and they announced a PS4 Vita Bundle coming soon. I'm sure XB1 will have a Titanfall bundle.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea, I'm on the fence between both, what can you share? pros, cons, nice things one has over the other?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I am too. I have enough credit to buy either at gamestop. I'm leaning more towards xbox but I'm waiting to see how each one does. Maybe I'll pick it up in the summer. Or wait til next Christmas so I can get it on a price drop with some game included.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS '05 Ford Escape XLT
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
New console or Camaro payments and or mods what do you think wins?

OLDSCHOOL RS
VS 2011 NEWSCHOOL
RS

Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Same here. Waiting to see how each do.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
Fallout 4 reviews(if it ever comes out) will determine which system I buy.

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
in your honest opinion, which system do you feel you will use the most? and why?
Old 11-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

I might pick up a One for christmas.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
in your honest opinion, which system do you feel you will use the most? and why?

I would like to know this also. I'm pretty much certain on the Xbox but don't plan on buying one for a while.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Basically if you want an all in ONE experience get the Xbox, but if games are your priority get the PS4 as it performs better with games. Also, go where your friends are going; that's what I did.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Basically if you want an all in ONE experience get the Xbox, but if games are your priority get the PS4 as it performs better with games. Also, go where your friends are going; that's what I did.
this is what I want to know, from someone who's played both systems for a little bit. if there really is a noticeable performance advantage. I don't care about the specs, if they are basically identical, I will go with the one that will be used most often, which I would imagine is the all in one entertainment system. but if the ps4 just blows the gameplay out of the water vs xbox, then i'll have a dilemma on my hands. lol
Old 11-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Quote:
this is what I want to know, from someone who's played both systems for a little bit. if there really is a noticeable performance advantage. I don't care about the specs, if they are basically identical, I will go with the one that will be used most often, which I would imagine is the all in one entertainment system. but if the ps4 just blows the gameplay out of the water vs xbox, then i'll have a dilemma on my hands. lol
We can easily see it with Ghosts running at 720P on an old and shitty Quake 3 engine on the XB1. I have played Ghosts on both, and there is a noticeable difference between the two. The XB1 is also more difficult to code for due to the use of ESRAM which is a big reason why the third party games are more optimized on PS4. Check this out
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...resolutiongate
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Look, go where your friends are. If you're like me, and your real life friends don't really play games, get what you want. As mikey said, the "media" center experience of the XBone is going to be better because that's their focus. The "Games" experience for Playstation will be better. If your thing is exclusives, are you a Halo/Gears of War player, or are you an Uncharted/Infamous/God of War/Last of Us/Indie Game player?
Also, how often do you buy games? If the answer is "maybe two or three times a year" then think about subscribing to PS Plus. You're going to pay $50 for a year of either PS Plus or XBox Live Gold either way right? Well, PS+ is going to give you a bunch of free and discounted stuff! Look at all the stuff you can get free RIGHT NOW https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...SPLUSFREEGAMES, and the best part, is if you get it while its free, as long as you're a PS+ member, you'll always have it, even when they rotate what they're offering. I have some great games that I got completely free that aren't offered currently, including Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, Saints Row the Third, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Rayman Origins, etc etc etc. NOTHING Microsoft offers is that good of a value. NOTHING. And hey, if you don't want PS+, that's O.K. because Sony doesn't put a wall up to prevent you from using the Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and other streaming apps that you already pay for. I honestly cannot figure out why ANYONE would go XBone FIRST.
Oh, and the PS4 does remote play with the PS Vita (and there will be a Christmas Bundle that includes a Vita, so that's not really a worry)...Maybe you're like me and you have 1 HD TV in the house (that is usually controlled by your significant other). While she watches her Vampire Diaries, or whatever other garbage TV she wants to watch, you can play all of your PS4 games while streaming them to your Vita, and it works GREAT.
Yeah yeah yeah...Uh huh...Titanfall...I want to play that too, but I have a gaming PC so no worries there...And I might get an XBone in the next year if they have some exclusive I MUST play...But for me, the PS4 offers a much better value.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
Look, go where your friends are. If you're like me, and your real life friends don't really play games, get what you want. As mikey said, the "media" center experience of the XBone is going to be better because that's their focus. The "Games" experience for Playstation will be better. If your thing is exclusives, are you a Halo/Gears of War player, or are you an Uncharted/Infamous/God of War/Last of Us/Indie Game player?
Also, how often do you buy games? If the answer is "maybe two or three times a year" then think about subscribing to PS Plus. You're going to pay $50 for a year of either PS Plus or XBox Live Gold either way right? Well, PS+ is going to give you a bunch of free and discounted stuff! Look at all the stuff you can get free RIGHT NOW https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...SPLUSFREEGAMES, and the best part, is if you get it while its free, as long as you're a PS+ member, you'll always have it, even when they rotate what they're offering. I have some great games that I got completely free that aren't offered currently, including Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, Saints Row the Third, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Rayman Origins, etc etc etc. NOTHING Microsoft offers is that good of a value. NOTHING. And hey, if you don't want PS+, that's O.K. because Sony doesn't put a wall up to prevent you from using the Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and other streaming apps that you already pay for. I honestly cannot figure out why ANYONE would go XBone FIRST.
Oh, and the PS4 does remote play with the PS Vita (and there will be a Christmas Bundle that includes a Vita, so that's not really a worry)...Maybe you're like me and you have 1 HD TV in the house (that is usually controlled by your significant other). While she watches her Vampire Diaries, or whatever other garbage TV she wants to watch, you can play all of your PS4 games while streaming them to your Vita, and it works GREAT.
Yeah yeah yeah...Uh huh...Titanfall...I want to play that too, but I have a gaming PC so no worries there...And I might get an XBone in the next year if they have some exclusive I MUST play...But for me, the PS4 offers a much better value.
ESPN. If you are a sports fan you get access to just about any game you can think of and the app costs nothing. These are games that arent available through your basic or extended cable provider without having to shell out extra money for a sports package.

And the NFL app for stat junkies.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
ESPN. If you are a sports fan you get access to just about any game you can think of and the app costs nothing. These are games that arent available through your basic or extended cable provider without having to shell out extra money for a sports package.
LOL There ya go. I'm not a sports fan, so I had no idea that was a thing.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:

And the NFL app for stat junkies.
wait, so I can watch any nfl game, if it's not blacked out?
Old 11-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:

So basically, everything you posted here explains nothing on why the ps4 is better TO ME AND ME ONLY:

I don't have vita.

None of those free games you got for free are any better or worse than Halo 3 and the other games I've gotten from xbl on 360 for free in the past few months.

Your titanfall arguement can be said about netflix and all those apps that I have a computer for. I can hook my laptop to my tv via hdmi and get hd quality streaming for free also.

We get that you like the ps4 and hate the xbox, but there's no extra VALUE for the ps4 except the price tag. It doesn't offer anything of substantial value over the xbox except the option without a camera. the ps4 camera is 60 or 65 bucks + tax, so you're basically looking at 30 bucks intial cost and 10 bucks a year more. The real question for gamers who don't have a majority of friends on one system or the other is "Do you think 30 bucks initially and 10 bucks more a year is a worth it for the extra servers for multiplayer gaming."
Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
So basically, everything you posted here explains nothing on why the ps4 is better TO ME AND ME ONLY:

I don't have vita.

None of those free games you got for free are any better or worse than Halo 3 and the other games I've gotten from xbl on 360 for free in the past few months.

Your titanfall arguement can be said about netflix and all those apps that I have a computer for. I can hook my laptop to my tv via hdmi and get hd quality streaming for free also.

We get that you like the ps4 and hate the xbox, but there's no extra VALUE for the ps4 except the price tag. It doesn't offer anything of substantial value over the xbox except the option without a camera. the ps4 camera is 60 or 65 bucks + tax, so you're basically looking at 30 bucks intial cost and 10 bucks a year more. The real question for gamers who don't have a majority of friends on one system or the other is "Do you think 30 bucks initially and 10 bucks more a year is a worth it for the extra servers for multiplayer gaming."
LOL I don't know YOU! How could I say how it's a better value to YOU? I explained why it's a better value to ME. Halo 3 is considerably older than the free stuff Sony has offered.
1. I don't hate XBox. I own the original and the 360, and last generation, the 360 was my goto for a long time...Then I had FOUR red rings. FOUR! I bought a PS3 after the fourth one (which was out of warranty). I didn't buy another 360 until the Star Wars bundle came out, and its ONLY because I wanted a console that looked like R2D2. Kinect is GARBAGE, incidentally, and it will always be garbage. I don't want a camera, so the camera "value" is a zero add for ME. Free games are a big VALUE ADD for me. There are always 6 PS3 games and 6 Vita games available at any given time. If this PS4/Vita Bundle is anywhere near the $500 Microsoft wants for it's console and camera, then there is some real value to anyone who's on the fence.
2. The PS4 is faster. It's GDDR5 RAM and system BUS are much faster. Optimization will always be better on the PS4, so this disparity in game resolutions will always be a thing that PS4 will win. Also, worth noting, is that system tasks like processing video, and the OS are mainly processed on separate processors used for that specific task, and not the main processor/APU. XBone only uses the one processor for everything, including the Kinect (which reserves about 30% of the systems processing power at any given time).
Like I said, FOR ME, the PS4 is a better value. I will likely pick up an XBone eventually. There will undoubtedly be some exclusive that makes it an impulse buy, but FOR ME this is where I see the value, and that's what I explained. I don't KNOW YOU. I can't speak to what YOU'LL FIND OF VALUE. For me, free games (and some great ones at that), combined with a faster system and the ability to remote play mean this is a console I can use on the regular, I'll always have something to play, and it doesn't matter if the TV is being used by someone else in the house or not.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
irocnroll

Quote:
wait, so I can watch any nfl game, if it's not blacked out?
I believe the NFL app is bound by your local cable provider so you will still experience blackouts. The ESPN app is beneficial to college games.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Because there are maybe two games on PlayStation I would ever play, and I would probably get bored with them very quickly. Honestly I think the vast majority of exclusive PlayStation titles are actually really lame.

In summary, I'd rather pay $500 for something I'd use a lot than a $400 paperweight/dust collector for my living room.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
irocnroll

Quote:
LOL I don't know YOU! How could I say how it's a better value to YOU? I explained why it's a better value to ME. Halo 3 is considerably older than the free stuff Sony has offered.
1. I don't hate XBox. I own the original and the 360, and last generation, the 360 was my goto for a long time...Then I had FOUR red rings. FOUR! I bought a PS3 after the fourth one (which was out of warranty). I didn't buy another 360 until the Star Wars bundle came out, and its ONLY because I wanted a console that looked like R2D2. Kinect is GARBAGE, incidentally, and it will always be garbage. I don't want a camera, so the camera "value" is a zero add for ME. Free games are a big VALUE ADD for me. There are always 6 PS3 games and 6 Vita games available at any given time. If this PS4/Vita Bundle is anywhere near the $500 Microsoft wants for it's console and camera, then there is some real value to anyone who's on the fence.
2. The PS4 is faster. It's GDDR5 RAM and system BUS are much faster. Optimization will always be better on the PS4, so this disparity in game resolutions will always be a thing that PS4 will win. Also, worth noting, is that system tasks like processing video, and the OS are mainly processed on separate processors used for that specific task, and not the main processor/APU. XBone only uses the one processor for everything, including the Kinect (which reserves about 30% of the systems processing power at any given time).
Like I said, FOR ME, the PS4 is a better value. I will likely pick up an XBone eventually. There will undoubtedly be some exclusive that makes it an impulse buy, but FOR ME this is where I see the value, and that's what I explained. I don't KNOW YOU. I can't speak to what YOU'LL FIND OF VALUE. For me, free games (and some great ones at that), combined with a faster system and the ability to remote play mean this is a console I can use on the regular, I'll always have something to play, and it doesn't matter if the TV is being used by someone else in the house or not.
That is only going to be beneficial to proprietary games. Developers of multi console titles aren't going to utilize the extra hardware the PS4 has. So there will be very little difference between games on the various systems.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because there are maybe two games on PlayStation I would ever play, and I would probably get bored with them very quickly. I'd rather pay $500 for something I'd use a lot than a $400 paperweight for my living room.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
That is only going to be beneficial to proprietary games. Developers of multi console titles aren't going to utilize the extra hardware the PS4 has. So there will be very little difference between games on the various systems.
It's already happening. AC IV, CoD, and BF4 all run in higher resolutions on PS4