Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Maurdib

 
Maurdib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 751
WOW just seen new Caddy, 556hp, will the Z28 get that?

Wow a Cady 3.9 0-60, Can I do an engine swap lol
__________________
BackInBlack
Performance:Vararam cold air intake
Maurdib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,112
The rumor I head was that the Z/28 was going to get the LS9.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Maurdib

 
Maurdib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
The rumor I head was that the Z/28 was going to get the LS9.
I doubt it , but we will see, I guess it depends on which would be cheaper to use
__________________
BackInBlack
Performance:Vararam cold air intake
Maurdib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,212
Z-28
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master
 
EMB135Driver's Avatar
 
Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangor, ME and Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Wow a Cady 3.9 0-60, Can I do an engine swap lol
Did you happen to catch the price tag? If they put that engine in the Z-28 I'd expect a sticker price of at least 53K
__________________
EMB135Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,079
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
A lot of indications point to the LSA out of the CTS-V to be the engine for the Z28. But then again, there is no such thing as a Z28 right now.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Maurdib

 
Maurdib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Did you happen to catch the price tag? If they put that engine in the Z-28 I'd expect a sticker price of at least 53K
Nope, the commercial did not show the price, but you actually think that engine is that much more then the SS engine, it's almost the same with a supercharger on it. Actually add a Supercharge to the SS and you get even more power then 556 without paying 20 more thousand. I don't see your logic
__________________
BackInBlack
Performance:Vararam cold air intake
Maurdib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
1bacamaro
 
1bacamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: naples florida
Posts: 433
That car starts at 60,000
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
Maurdib

 
Maurdib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bacamaro View Post
That car starts at 60,000
Yeah, but the engine is the only price people need to be conerned with
__________________
BackInBlack
Performance:Vararam cold air intake
Maurdib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #10
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,112
Ok....so what is the engine in the new CTS-V? I thought it was LS9?

The point on my original post is that I heard the engine that powers the CTS-V (556 hp version) was going to be in the Z/28......rumors of course.

Then again they basically put the V6 from the CTS into the LT so it's not that far fetched.

As far as price....I heard speculation of close to $60k mark on the Z/28.....again all rumors.

Thing is though....they aren't going to just drop in an new engine and call it a day. In order to handle the increased HP everything will probably have to be upgraded....suspension, axles, rear-end, trans, bigger wheels/tires, brakes, etc.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
AlSuwaidi


 
AlSuwaidi's Avatar
 
Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UAE - SHARJAH
Posts: 2,825
50$ the z28 gets it
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
DevilKnightFalcon

 
DevilKnightFalcon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,406
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A lot of indications point to the LSA out of the CTS-V to be the engine for the Z28. But then again, there is no such thing as a Z28 right now.
Didn't we hear confirmation of the Z28 a week or so ago when we heard about the new interior work being done for the 2012 model?
__________________

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok....so what is the engine in the new CTS-V? I thought it was LS9?

The point on my original post is that I heard the engine that powers the CTS-V (556 hp version) was going to be in the Z/28......rumors of course.

Then again they basically put the V6 from the CTS into the LT so it's not that far fetched.

As far as price....I heard speculation of close to $60k mark on the Z/28.....again all rumors.

Thing is though....they aren't going to just drop in an new engine and call it a day. In order to handle the increased HP everything will probably have to be upgraded....suspension, axles, rear-end, trans, bigger wheels/tires, brakes, etc.
CTSV has an LSA wich is close to an LS9 but without the forged internals and a smaller supercharger 1900 instead of a 2300 on the LS9.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Nope, the commercial did not show the price, but you actually think that engine is that much more then the SS engine, it's almost the same with a supercharger on it. Actually add a Supercharge to the SS and you get even more power then 556 without paying 20 more thousand. I don't see your logic
Umm... please refer to the LSA Sticky. There are a lot more features LSA has over LS3...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Z28 info from GM officials @ Carlisle Nationals HINEY1 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 168 09-03-2012 05:23 PM
SS vs Z. Why?? Not another Z28 Thread!! Just curious. TRIXXTERR General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 29 01-21-2011 09:27 AM
2012= 45 Year Ann. of Camaro= Z28!! aslee23 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 45 10-02-2010 12:31 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 05:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.