Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
LosXC451

 
LosXC451's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,222
Magnaflow Competition Series Axle back

Who has one and, correct me if I'm wrong, but does it have no mufflers and just straight pipes?
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Bumble_Bee
 
Bumble_Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reunion, CO
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
Who has one and, correct me if I'm wrong, but does it have no mufflers and just straight pipes?
That is correct, it's a muffler delete system. I just installed mine a couple days ago. The 5" tips look amazing. You can find my video of it here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82977
Bumble_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
LosXC451

 
LosXC451's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post
That is correct, it's a muffler delete system. I just installed mine a couple days ago. The 5" tips look amazing. You can find my video of it here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82977
Thanks, I just saw your video, sounds nice.
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
jtzako

 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,156
So if someone wanted to see what it sounds like with 'muffler delete' before buying such a thing, could you just take off the existing muffler and drive it that way to see how it sounds? or does that not work properly?
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
LosXC451

 
LosXC451's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
So if someone wanted to see what it sounds like with 'muffler delete' before buying such a thing, could you just take off the existing muffler and drive it that way to see how it sounds? or does that not work properly?
They probably sound exactly the same. The muffler delete just replaces the muffler with a straight pipe and yes it does work properly
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
jtzako

 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,156
Cool, of course then the problem is.. Texas laws say we have to have a muffler and no 'bypass'.. I dont know that the resonator would count towards that
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph
 
RedJewel2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
Cool, of course then the problem is.. Texas laws say we have to have a muffler and no 'bypass'.. I dont know that the resonator would count towards that
i was about to prove you wrong, but then i just researched it... looks like i will need to get some mufflers put on before my move back to texas in july!
__________________

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
Bumble_Bee
 
Bumble_Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reunion, CO
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
So if someone wanted to see what it sounds like with 'muffler delete' before buying such a thing, could you just take off the existing muffler and drive it that way to see how it sounds? or does that not work properly?
This would be somewhat difficult since there isn't any place to just 'take the muffler off' without cutting the stock system. I'm not sure where the first clamp is you could undo to take the system off, but I believe it is at the end of the exhaust manifold. So, this would also take off the cats/h pipe and resonators...
Bumble_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
jtzako

 
Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post
This would be somewhat difficult since there isn't any place to just 'take the muffler off' without cutting the stock system. I'm not sure where the first clamp is you could undo to take the system off, but I believe it is at the end of the exhaust manifold. So, this would also take off the cats/h pipe and resonators...
True, but you could probably cut them off then use a clam to put them back on if needed.
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 85 11-11-2013 01:48 PM
Stereo GUIDE ALL READ WildBeast15 Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 29 09-11-2010 02:14 AM
MagnaFlow Axle Back w/ Mufflers - Install and Review (now with drone!) themossman Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 29 07-12-2010 10:56 AM
My New Magnaflow Comp Series Axle Back Exhaust Buffnshine USA - California 17 05-08-2010 08:07 AM
Magnaflow Comp Axle Back...sound legal? general23cmp Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 10-12-2009 01:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.