Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
tony_c

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Equinox LTZ
No sound from Boston Acoustics speakers

I read posts on this problem and couldn't find one similar. I was driving my 2SS and all of a sudden, the speakers stopped working. NO sounds from any radio features, not even the 'click' for the directionals. Nothing!! The radio works fine, changes channels, changes from AM to FM to XM, etc, just NO sound. Checked the MUTE feature on the steering. Nope, not that. Turned the radio on/off, turned the car on/off. Nothing.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...es/mad0260.gif

Don't know where the fuse is so I haven't checked that yet. haven't had any electrical work done. If I can't check the fuse, I'm going to bring the car in to the service dept.

I read similar problems with the HHR but couldn't find such with the camaro. The HHR problems were from a loose fuse to 'unknown issue'. So, anyone have this problem happen to them? I have about 4800 miles on mine and this is the first time this has happened.

UPDATE: Took the car to the service dept who called the 'Camaro Team' about this. They couldn't figure it out either. Radio started working as soon as I entered the shop (figures!!).

6/14 stopped again. First it stopped when the trunk was opened via door button. Trunk closed and it came back. Then it stopped again when pass door was opened. Closed door and again, it came back. Then while driving it made a 'crackling' sound and went out. Everything----blue tooth, directional clicks, door chime---any sounds at all stopped. Bringing it back again in the AM. Hope it's still not working so maybe they can trace it down.

Last edited by tony_c; 06-15-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: updating
tony_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
george-k

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
having the same prob with my 2ss as well. no sound from the speakers when i start my car tho. for a delayed time or not at all. havent figured it out yet.
george-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Shown_nuff

Drives: GSX-R 1000
My right door speakers are not working. The dealer is say that I did something wrong when hooking up my sub. I have not touched the X2 connector. Therefore they are wrong. But they can't figure it out.
Shown_nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
just because you did not touch the plug with speaker wires in it does not mean you did not do something wrong... the X3 plug is the lowlevel signal in to the amp. if you cut the wires and did not correctly reconnect them you may not be getting signal to the right side of the amp.... hence no sound.
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Picklez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
if anyone has info mine is acting the same way! Thanks CHad
Picklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
vtxretro02

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss Heritage Grill/GFX
Check the connections at the ba amp and x2 harness(if so equipped) . Sounds like a loose connection.

Last edited by vtxretro02; 09-05-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add info
vtxretro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I wonder if the OP ever got his straightened, seeing as it's been more than 2 years since his last update.

Picklez, I think vtxretro is on the right track. Could be the amp
Old 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
vtxretro02

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss Heritage Grill/GFX
yeow... who revived this one from the dead... I pride myself in paying attention to detail... looks like I missed this one though.... too funny
vtxretro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxretro02 View Post
yeow... who revived this one from the dead... I pride myself in paying attention to detail... looks like I missed this one though.... too funny
You actually replied to the latest question, as it was picklez that revived it
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Here something you mite take a look at. I installed my dove tail wing and must have knocked out the rubber hose that directs the water from the trunck near the rear window. This rubber hose connects inside the trunk.

So we had a heavy rain day and the radio started getting static on and off. then it just went dead and nothing. Pull the amp out and it was wet. when i looked at the hose it was disconnected and sure enuf the water followed the metal right to the factory amp..

just an fyi
mycamaro2011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Picklez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks, I talked to a guy I know that runs a shop and he can look up dealer issues and he said there is a bulletin TSB, number is TIC-5189 and says to repair radio amp... so yes everyone that said that, is right, and I appreciate it. I have him looking to see if there is any other issues with 2010 camaros. They haven't had a recall on this issue with the radio yet but have known about it for 2 yrs. If they do I will post it when I find out. sorry for reviving the thread... lol
Picklez is offline   Reply With Quote