Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #151
Agent orange
socal ht5
 
Agent orange's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Valley village CA
Posts: 466
Im audrey from LA i got my 2ss dec.17 2009 i've done some mods on my camaro. Im gonna post pictures soon.
Agent orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #152
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent orange View Post
Im audrey from LA i got my 2ss dec.17 2009 i've done some mods on my camaro. Im gonna post pictures soon.
Welcome Audrey. Can't wait to see your baby.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #153
simon.w
 
simon.w's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Clemente CA
Posts: 397
Hi from San Clemente

G'Day everyone

I'm an Aussie living in San Clemente ... moved here 5 months ago and bought my dream car. (Well one of them anyway).

It's a 2SS RS Manual in Inferno Orange, with Stripe Kit, Trim Accent Package, Sunroof ... Then I fitted Polished and Chromed 20's, Twin 10" Sub Woofer Package, GM Performance Exhaust, Eiback Lowered Suspension, Hurst Shifter, Shift Eliminator, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop. Soon to also get a Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger.

Would love to get a PM if there is a cruise or get together happening in SoCal.






__________________
732rwhp 644 rwtq 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS, STRUT 22" Icon5 Rims & Grille Kit, Mahle Pistons, Manley H-Beam Rods, Competition Valve Grind, Custom CMS Grind Comp Cam, Comp Cams Valve Springs, ARP Bolts, Melling HV Oil Pump, Whipple SC, 3.5" Pulley, 8 Rib Pulley Kit, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer, 1" 7/8 Stainless LT Headers & 3" Exhaust, ADM Twin Fuel Pump Kit, 80lb/hr FIC Billet Tip Injectors, RX Monster Catch Can, Cold Air Inductions Intake, ADM Race Scoop, Mantic 9000 Series Clutch, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs. Motor built by PFAFF Engines. Fitted & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.

Last edited by simon.w; 12-30-2010 at 12:48 AM.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #154
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,591
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Welcome But we need Photos of your faces too...helps when we have meets for the new peeps...
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #155
simon.w
 
simon.w's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Clemente CA
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddunerider View Post
Welcome But we need Photos of your faces too...helps when we have meets for the new peeps...
Done! ... the day I picked it up from the dealership! BIG smile!
__________________
732rwhp 644 rwtq 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS, STRUT 22" Icon5 Rims & Grille Kit, Mahle Pistons, Manley H-Beam Rods, Competition Valve Grind, Custom CMS Grind Comp Cam, Comp Cams Valve Springs, ARP Bolts, Melling HV Oil Pump, Whipple SC, 3.5" Pulley, 8 Rib Pulley Kit, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer, 1" 7/8 Stainless LT Headers & 3" Exhaust, ADM Twin Fuel Pump Kit, 80lb/hr FIC Billet Tip Injectors, RX Monster Catch Can, Cold Air Inductions Intake, ADM Race Scoop, Mantic 9000 Series Clutch, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs. Motor built by PFAFF Engines. Fitted & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #156
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,512
Finally updated post #42
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 AM   #157
H1Chester
Bowties forever
 
H1Chester's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2014 Subaru Izzy WRX
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 426
Hello I'm Rob I've been on the forum since June 2010 when I shipped my redhead "Lucy" home from Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola, FL. Lucy is my first Camaro but my 4th GM vehicle. I drove a '93 Lumina in high school, then I had a '96 GMC Sonoma. My family has always had GMs in our driveway! My daily driver is a 2006 Silverado Extended Cab 1LT.

I'm a Florida native and a Marine UH-1Y helicopter pilot stationed at Camp Pendleton. I fly UH-1s and my callsign is "Chester" hence H1Chester.

May 30, 2010 Coke 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway! I'm on the left! EARNHARDT fan for life!


Lucy before the grille with a UH-1Y in the background


Oceanside, CA!
__________________
"LUCY BELLE" 2010 RJT 2SS/RS M6
5% Window Tint, AC red interior overhead LED, AC red interior footwell lighting, AC white license plate LEDs, AC red behind the grill lighting, AC red engine bay lighting, Roto-Fab Intake, BBK Chrome Shorties, Flowmaster Cat-Back, Gary's Custom painted black badges bowties and tail light bezels, Painted black Heritage Grille with "SS", T3 Ports with LEDs, Painted black T3 Splitter with radiator cooler, TSW Nurburgring wheels black powdercoat, NITTO Invo rubber, Hurst Short Throw Shifter with "NH-SS" Bushings, Big Worm Graphix Carbon Fiber GS Hash Marks
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #158
zDuce8
CaliFresh
 
zDuce8's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Z28
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 3
Whats going on everyone? I'm Jay I don't have a 5th Gen yet I'm trying to hold out for the z28 plus mods. Im from the Bay Area. Here is my current baby my 4th Gen Z28 M6 Magnaflow exhaust...



zDuce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #159
mickandkimmie
So-Cal Race Team
 
mickandkimmie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT/RS & 2013 Jeep Wrangle
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: lakewood, ca
Posts: 241
Saying Hey from Lakewood, CA

My husband got his RJT 2LT/RS on 2/13/10 from Singh Chevrolet in Riverside... I loved driving it so much that we went out and got my IBM on 4/8/10 from Santa Paula Chevrolet. My car is a 1LT even though I had my heart set on the 2LT, so we made some changes...upgraded wheels, and some other things. We love driving around on the weekend in our cars, people always do a double take when we both drive our cars together
Our License plates : MRCMRO and MRSCMRO
Attached Images
     
mickandkimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #160
Tankgio
HT
 
Tankgio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 32
Giovanni from Ontario California drive 2011 2SS/RS M6 Camaro




Tankgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #161
Fantm SS
 
Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro SS HPE 600
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lake Forest, California
Posts: 2
New Camaro 5 name for Rich Rauh

Guillermo!

I changed my tag name on Camaro 5 from "Rauhaus Camaro" to "Fantm SS"

I have been doing quite a bit on the car since you have seen it last. It is now officially a Hennessey Camaro HPE 600, Build #68. It has a Magnusen T-2300 Supercharger, Stop Tech Big Brakes and a new Street Scene body kit. My first words out of my mouth when I put my foot into it were "Holy Shit!"

Look forward to hearing from you!

Rich Rauh
Fantm SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 AM   #162
ganzo
 
ganzo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 camaro ls
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: perris,ca
Posts: 39
Carlos from perris 2011 ls bought 2/7/11
I'm on my droid and can't upload pic ill find
A way so you guys can see my summit white camaro.
ganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #163
TTA579
Needs parts.
 
TTA579's Avatar
 
Drives: 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawndale, CA
Posts: 22
Hi everyone, Scott here living in Lawndale. No Camaro yet (summer 2012). Until then here's a picture of the Trans Am project.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Scott
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo #579
build news: http://twitter.com/TTA579

www.scott-photo.com
TTA579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #164
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganzo View Post
Carlos from perris 2011 ls bought 2/7/11
I'm on my droid and can't upload pic ill find
A way so you guys can see my summit white camaro.
Welcome to la SoCal Camaro familia! Love that pure white dream car!
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #165
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA579 View Post
Hi everyone, Scott here living in Lawndale. No Camaro yet (summer 2012). Until then here's a picture of the Trans Am project.
Hi Scott! Welcome! I hope you won't forget about that Trans Am once you climb into the new rocket ship once it arrives! Hope to see your car when it arrives. That ZL1 is looking pretty tempting!
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #166
TTA579
Needs parts.
 
TTA579's Avatar
 
Drives: 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawndale, CA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Hi Scott! Welcome! I hope you won't forget about that Trans Am once you climb into the new rocket ship once it arrives! Hope to see your car when it arrives. That ZL1 is looking pretty tempting!
Don't remind me. Nobody knows what the price of the ZL1 will be yet, but if it's around $55k like I expect, I won't have the money for it. 2SS/RS on the other hand should be affordable.

In the mean time, I'm working on the T/A, and I'm sure it won't be forgotten. Which reminds me, I'm going to need help sourcing shops.

And thanks for the warm welcome.
__________________
Scott
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo #579
build news: http://twitter.com/TTA579

www.scott-photo.com
TTA579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #167
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA579 View Post
Don't remind me. Nobody knows what the price of the ZL1 will be yet, but if it's around $55k like I expect, I won't have the money for it. 2SS/RS on the other hand should be affordable.

In the mean time, I'm working on the T/A, and I'm sure it won't be forgotten. Which reminds me, I'm going to need help sourcing shops.

And thanks for the warm welcome.
There are a number of folks down where you live with good shop contacts. I guess it all depends on what you want. As for the ZL1... hey whats another 15 grand amongst friends! I am sorely tempted to upgrade but I love my car so much I can't imagine parting ways this early on in the relationship! LOL
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #168
TTA579
Needs parts.
 
TTA579's Avatar
 
Drives: 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawndale, CA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
There are a number of folks down where you live with good shop contacts. I guess it all depends on what you want. As for the ZL1... hey whats another 15 grand amongst friends! I am sorely tempted to upgrade but I love my car so much I can't imagine parting ways this early on in the relationship! LOL
15k is fine, but I'm looking at borrowing about that to begin with. So unless the wedding photography picks up or I win the lottery I'm still looking at a "lower" model.

Specifically, I'm looking for a paint shop and a powder coater. I'm inclined to do everything else myself, I'm an engineer.
__________________
Scott
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo #579
build news: http://twitter.com/TTA579

www.scott-photo.com
TTA579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 AM   #169
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA579 View Post
15k is fine, but I'm looking at borrowing about that to begin with. So unless the wedding photography picks up or I win the lottery I'm still looking at a "lower" model.

Specifically, I'm looking for a paint shop and a powder coater. I'm inclined to do everything else myself, I'm an engineer.
I am also looking for a painter and I have two excellent leads with good recommendations. One is in Chatsworth off the 118 Freeway at Topanga Canyon and the other is in Camarillo. Both have show quality paint experience from what I am told. I have seen one guys work in Camarillo and I am going to go meet the gent in Chatsworth very soon. I want tangerine/gold pearl ghost stripes on my IOM Camaro. I may have a line on a powder coater too. I hear there is a place here in Simi Valley that does quality stuff for motorcycles and cars etc. I would like to get my calipers done up right.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #170
TTA579
Needs parts.
 
TTA579's Avatar
 
Drives: 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawndale, CA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I am also looking for a painter and I have two excellent leads with good recommendations. One is in Chatsworth off the 118 Freeway at Topanga Canyon and the other is in Camarillo. Both have show quality paint experience from what I am told. I have seen one guys work in Camarillo and I am going to go meet the gent in Chatsworth very soon. I want tangerine/gold pearl ghost stripes on my IOM Camaro. I may have a line on a powder coater too. I hear there is a place here in Simi Valley that does quality stuff for motorcycles and cars etc. I would like to get my calipers done up right.
There are shops closer to me as well, I have little or no experience with most of them. I suppose I should just go in and talk to the guys.
__________________
Scott
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo #579
build news: http://twitter.com/TTA579

www.scott-photo.com
TTA579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #171
ArmoSS
 
ArmoSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 500
Are there any Camaro clubs in SOCAL with weekly (or monthly) meet and greets, etc?
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #172
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
Are there any Camaro clubs in SOCAL with weekly (or monthly) meet and greets, etc?
Hey Armo, the SoCal Camaro5 Family is one of the SoCal Camaro clubs around. Check out the following link for upcoming meets:

http://camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Next month is CamaroFest in Arizona!!!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #173
ArmoSS
 
ArmoSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Hey Armo, the SoCal Camaro5 Family is one of the SoCal Camaro clubs around. Check out the following link for upcoming meets:

http://camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Next month is CamaroFest in Arizona!!!

Thank you for this information! I'm definitely going to CamaroFest in AZ. Got my room booked and everything.

The events on that page looked cool, and I may attend some of them (Willow Springs..the Warner Center one, etc). But, there's no weekly or monthly thing where we all meet at location X? Or it's just set up as you go..like the stuff I read about the drivein and such?
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #174
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
Thank you for this information! I'm definitely going to CamaroFest in AZ. Got my room booked and everything.

The events on that page looked cool, and I may attend some of them (Willow Springs..the Warner Center one, etc). But, there's no weekly or monthly thing where we all meet at location X? Or it's just set up as you go..like the stuff I read about the drivein and such?
I don't believe there is a weekly/monthly get-together now. There used to be back in the day, where everyone would meet up at Sonic's Burgers on Saturday morning. I guess as you mentioned, it's just a "as we go" kind of thing now.
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #175
dr damon
 
dr damon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 422
Hey Family, my name is Damon, and i just took delivery. I am originally from the Bay Area, grew up in San Jose, got stuck in the IE after finishing school. Hope to make it to some of the meetups sometime soon.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137202
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An invitation from the Henry/Settlemire family.... fbodfather 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 40 08-17-2009 03:17 PM
Family. . . 09fathomgreen Off-topic Discussions 18 12-09-2008 08:19 PM
Just got my suppliers discount confirmed!!!!!!! shroomjohn Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 73 10-05-2008 03:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.