Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
jordan 572

 
jordan 572's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,720
optional subwoofers

are these 2 12 inch mtx i wonder how many amps they are pushing and where would use but the box and still have room for groceries?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,706
I would certainly like to know more about this. I own a shop and have done a lot of installs...but I usually use JL audio only. I ordered a car with the Boston System, and it doesnt look like that radio is going to come out and look very good, so I will have to work with the Boston system. Bu with that boston system, what comes with it, and what would the extra subs be, and what type of power to them?
Come on GM guys let us know!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast
 
Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marlton, NJ
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
Same here.. I'd like to know about the sub package. I most def plan on opting for the Boston 9 speaker system
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
jordan 572

 
jordan 572's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,720
u think i could fit to 15 inch or 18 inch subs in the back they need a box on 6-10 cubic feet for the 15s and 10-20 i think on the 18
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,706
First of all, this is a performance car...not a low-rider Impala, it does not need 15inch subs. I actually think that opting for the extra subs would be overkill. Now that being said, I have had some big stereos in my day, and appreciate what you are going for; but here is my thought.

Get the boston system...tear up the rear mounted sub from the rear deck, get a badass one, and put a 250watt or so to it...that would be more than enough to push anything you need.

Another option...Take the boston factory amp, swap it for something better (5 channel of course) and bang away...Th enew amp will eventually blow a few speakers after a while, but then you just buy a higher level of component sets, and a better sub. Not so tough now is it?
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Rallyman6
Member
 
Rallyman6's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wellesley Hills, MA
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
are these 2 12 inch mtx i wonder how many amps they are pushing and where would use but the box and still have room for groceries?
Same here!

I would like something I could pull out to use for SCCA track days
__________________

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 497RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
i'm planning on replacing my two 6.5" with crossovers, two tweeters, two 6.9" with alpine type R's hooked with a 4channel pdx-4.000 alpine amp. then hopfully customize my trunk with two swr-1242D 1500w alpine subs and one 2channel pdx-2.510 alpine amp with a 5 farid capasitor. then ill try and find a way to put in a custom alpine nav head unit.
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
First of all, this is a performance car...not a low-rider Impala, it does not need 15inch subs. I actually think that opting for the extra subs would be overkill. Now that being said, I have had some big stereos in my day, and appreciate what you are going for; but here is my thought.

Get the boston system...tear up the rear mounted sub from the rear deck, get a badass one, and put a 250watt or so to it...that would be more than enough to push anything you need.

Another option...Take the boston factory amp, swap it for something better (5 channel of course) and bang away...Th enew amp will eventually blow a few speakers after a while, but then you just buy a higher level of component sets, and a better sub. Not so tough now is it?


i have a full set of MB quarts ready and waiting for when they do
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
o2camaross
 
o2camaross's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Driving
Posts: 362
jesus christ what is the point of all of this, buy a flipping suburban if you want a gagillion 30'' subs and 20,000 watts of power. IT IS A PERFORMANCE CAR!!!! yes im getting the BA system and i might put a new sub and amp in it, but im getting it to go fast, and to be fast it has to be light. when you add 400 pounds of sterio equipment it is an extreme drop in performance, To each his own i guess, sorry for the rant
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #10
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
jesus christ what is the point of all of this, buy a flipping suburban if you want a gagillion 30'' subs and 20,000 watts of power. IT IS A PERFORMANCE CAR!!!! yes im getting the BA system and i might put a new sub and amp in it, but im getting it to go fast, and to be fast it has to be light. when you add 400 pounds of sterio equipment it is an extreme drop in performance, To each his own i guess, sorry for the rant

__________________
1969 Camaro
2010 2SS/RS CGM traded for...
2013 ZL1 Triple Black
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
StoutFiles
 
StoutFiles's Avatar
 
Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 733
Tomorrow I'm heading out to buy me a suburban! I can only afford 17 30" subs though...:(
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
Not trying to be rude, but this is going to be my everyday car and not a car I will take to the track so I really don't see why people would care. We like our music. Wait, this is the "audio/electronics forum" right?
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #13
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast
 
Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Marlton, NJ
Posts: 154
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
I wasn't asking what COULD be done nor am I set on a HUGE stereo system. Just wanted to know if there were any info on what sub(s) will be offered and what everyone thinks of em?? That's all.. lol
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #14
headpunter
Not That sad..considering
 
headpunter's Avatar
 
Drives: Man
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: the part of washington the capital forgot about.
Posts: 3,784
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
moral of the story is this is a Camaro website, not a Camaro RACING website....

any one can do what ever they want to, its there camaro, not yours so get over it.
__________________
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:00 AM   #15
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
moral of the story is this is a Camaro website, not a Camaro RACING website....

any one can do what ever they want to, its there camaro, not yours so get over it.
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,391
I'm going to be doing two boxes...one for each JL I have. It's going to be some work, but once it' said and done, it'll look pretty sweet.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #17
blakeequalshyphy
 
blakeequalshyphy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 130
i plan on doing this...

blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 AM   #18
lilszoke
 
lilszoke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs 81 and 78 camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ab canada
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
i'm planning on replacing my two 6.5" with crossovers, two tweeters, two 6.9" with alpine type R's hooked with a 4channel pdx-4.000 alpine amp. then hopfully customize my trunk with two swr-1242D 1500w alpine subs and one 2channel pdx-2.510 alpine amp with a 5 farid capasitor. then ill try and find a way to put in a custom alpine nav head unit.
thats what i put in my gf blazer
lilszoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Gomerr
 
Drives: 1991 Honda Civic
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St Louis area
Posts: 55
meh, putting a system in an already hot car = COME HIJACK ME IN ST LOUIS!

sadly four friends of mine have been carjacked at gun point, one beaten unconscious for his lincoln town car (09)....however its just luck of the draw.

if your getting an LT or a LS, then the performance audio wouldnt matter...however if ur spending 30k to drop another grand or more in stereo equipment, get a honda =p
Gomerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
SSideways
 
SSideways's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 Chevy Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
First of all, this is a performance car...not a low-rider Impala, it does not need 15inch subs. I actually think that opting for the extra subs would be overkill. Now that being said, I have had some big stereos in my day, and appreciate what you are going for; but here is my thought.

Get the boston system...tear up the rear mounted sub from the rear deck, get a badass one, and put a 250watt or so to it...that would be more than enough to push anything you need.

Another option...Take the boston factory amp, swap it for something better (5 channel of course) and bang away...Th enew amp will eventually blow a few speakers after a while, but then you just buy a higher level of component sets, and a better sub. Not so tough now is it?
LMAO.. 250 watts? Were you being serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
i'm planning on replacing my two 6.5" with crossovers, two tweeters, two 6.9" with alpine type R's hooked with a 4channel pdx-4.000 alpine amp. then hopfully customize my trunk with two swr-1242D 1500w alpine subs and one 2channel pdx-2.510 alpine amp with a 5 farid capasitor. then ill try and find a way to put in a custom alpine nav head unit.

When I envisioned my perfect system, it was a lot like this!
SSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #21
jordan 572

 
jordan 572's Avatar
 
Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 1,720
250 watts my sub in my bedroom has an rms of 188 i was thinkin about an rms of 400amps in the maro
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #22
Nexus6
More human than human
 
Nexus6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The mouth of hell
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomerr View Post
meh, putting a system in an already hot car = COME HIJACK ME IN ST LOUIS!

sadly four friends of mine have been carjacked at gun point, one beaten unconscious for his lincoln town car (09)....however its just luck of the draw.

if your getting an LT or a LS, then the performance audio wouldnt matter...however if ur spending 30k to drop another grand or more in stereo equipment, get a honda =p
A bunch of us are from Texas .If people plan on carjacking us here,they better be prepared for return fire!!
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #23
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps
 
SemperFi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
A bunch of us are from Texas .If people plan on carjacking us here,they better be prepared for return fire!!

Niice. Texas Born, Texas Raised, Texas Proud Baby.
__________________

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #24
Gomerr
 
Drives: 1991 Honda Civic
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St Louis area
Posts: 55
yea....right to bear arms in TX is nice, that explains why 90% of people i know are from texas or moved down there for some reason...wonder if its that since it sure isnt for the landmarks =p

o well, after watching steven meade videos on youtube all last night im bass'd out..something about 20k watts with 4 18" woofers just made me not want subs anymore
Gomerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #25
lalometalik
killer bAnana
 
lalometalik's Avatar
 
Drives: 1985 z28
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Carson, CA
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Tomorrow I'm heading out to buy me a suburban! I can only afford 17 30" subs though...:(
__________________


"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inferno Orange Metallic (IOM) Camaro SS/RS anyone?! (pics) rolnslo Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 177 02-15-2012 09:21 PM
Official Camaro Options & Standard Equipment for all Trim Levels headpunter Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 300 02-18-2009 01:23 AM
Optional wheel pics? Mike C Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 3 10-15-2008 05:13 PM
Canadian pricing? CamK18 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 24 10-14-2008 10:48 AM
Optional 21" wheels Txturbo Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 2 10-13-2008 08:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.