Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
haulass350

Drives: 97 silverado
OTD (out-the-door) prices ?

what are you guys getting for out the door pricing? if you dont mind sharing that is. going to the dealer later today or first thing monday to put in my order. just want to know what i'm looking to spend other then msrp. i'm ordering the Manual 2SS no other options.
haulass350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Well I am getting it for MSRP, plus whatever ttl comes out to be.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Everyone hear is pretty much getting MSRP.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
undeadswamp

In O.C., CA my OTD price w/ MSRP of 32485 was 35365.

Tax here is 7.75% and DMV fees of 385.75(including $50 doc fee).

1SS with BA audio and automatic
undeadswamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
haulass350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Everyone hear is pretty much getting MSRP.

ya i know srry i meant more of like MSRP then adding all the other shit like tax and other fees. 35 for the 1ss doesnt sound to bad, guy at work i mentioned it too was like well if the msrp is 34k then your gonna end up at like 42 with tax, tag, title and all that shit, kinda scared me for a little bit. figured he was overestimating it just wanted to double check here and see what kind of figures you guys were getting.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulass350 View Post
ya i know srry i meant more of like MSRP then adding all the other shit like tax and other fees. 35 for the 1ss doesnt sound to bad, guy at work i mentioned it too was like well if the msrp is 34k then your gonna end up at like 42 with tax, tag, title and all that shit, kinda scared me for a little bit. figured he was overestimating it just wanted to double check here and see what kind of figures you guys were getting.
whoever said/thought that is an idiot.

Just a word of caution. There are a lot of dealers who post up a selling price but that doesn't mean a lot. The best way to negotiate a car is the OTD price. I can charge you MSRP and then TTL and "dealer fees". If you are ordering a car get a OTD price on paper, otherwise there is a chance of them selling it to you for MSRP plus TTL and fees.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
undeadswamp

^Agreed. I got a separate print out with my order form because i requested the OTD price after being quoted MSRP.

Checked it out myself at home and it all came out good. But my dealer has a "tire fee" of $4? That was the only non-DMV non-document fee they charged though.

Anyone know what a "tire fee" might be?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #8
haulass350

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadswamp View Post
^Agreed. I got a separate print out with my order form because i requested the OTD price after being quoted MSRP.

Checked it out myself at home and it all came out good. But my dealer has a "tire fee" of $4? That was the only non-DMV non-document fee they charged though.

Anyone know what a "tire fee" might be?
only time i've ever heard that is when i bought a new set of tires and they charged me $1 per tire for disposal, but obviously that doesnt apply here.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
undeadswamp

Hmm... ok. But she also said that if I had ordered 21 or 20 inch tires the fee would have been $7.

Maybe its one of CA's weird laws or something
Old 10-18-2008, 03:54 AM   #10
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
i got MSRP + $175 documentation fees + 4.7120% state tax = $1489.93 + $200 license, registration and related fees. OTD price $33,309.93. does that sound right?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #11
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
By reading another thread I can't help but laugh. So many are claiming being able to purchase at MSRP but in this other thread they are talking about dealer fees. YOU ARE BEING CHARGED OVER STICKER PEOPLE!!!!! You should AT MOST be paying MSRP plus state tax (some states auto sales tax is different than normal sales tax, TX for example) plus License Fee. Dealer services, Delaer Fees, Admin Fees.......all are only ways to put profit back into the deal.

Every dealership has incurred expenses, such as washing and detailing for delivery, full tank of gas, license plate frames etc etc. Normally those are just absorbed by the dealer from their gtoss profit, but on high demand you can charge that extra and get away with it.

Now many dealerships also "pack" the cars. Like charging Vin Etching, Tire Exam, Theft Guard.........all these little things that are specific to each dealership. Each little thing has a "true cost" that is billed to every car as it is PDI'ed (Pre-delivery Inspection).

Bottom line, on a vehcile that is being mass produced you should be paying MSRP + TT&L and that's it. Give it withing a year and you'll be at or near Invoice if you are decent at negotiating. Sad but true.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote