Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
[Video] Pfadt Camaro Pulls 1.34g on STOCK WHEELS/TIRES at Miller Motorsport Park

Hey guys! VIDEO BELOW

We have already proven that our suspension is King of Autocross at C5Fest, now we want to show you what it can do in something we are more experienced in: Road Racing.

We went out to the track this past weekend, for a NASA event with our C6Z Race Car. We had a great weekend, took second in the race, but MORE importantly we had some time to get some video of our Pfadt Development Camaro on the TRACK! We muscled our way into a run group of Porsches and BMWs and Mustangs, to see what we could do. Let me tell you, with Aaron behind the wheel, we were the ones doing all of the passing!

Continuing our tradition of not just SAYING we did something, we are PROVING it with our data logging and video documentation! Had two cameras on board the Camaro, and a data collection system that monitored a bunch of parameters. Most importantly, we had a live quadratic-G diagram outputting constantly.

A little info on the car:

1) Pfadt Coilovers
2) Pfadt Camber Plates (set up at -1.8 degrees)
3) Pfadt Sport Sway Bars
4) Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms
5) Pfadt Adjustable Toe Links
6) Pfadt Solid Rear Subframe Bushings
7) Pfadt Engine Mounts
8) Pfadt Poly Differential Mounts -street
9) Pfadt Strut Tower Brace
10) STOCK TIRES/WHEELS

In all honesty, we didn't even play with any setup on this car. It was a little impromptu, and we didn't adjust ride height (still at the lowest!), alignment, rear swaybar etc. Nothing was optimized! We were rushed for time, as usual, so we didn't get to take the professional approach we do with almost everything else like our Corvette Race Team, but we we just wanted to see what it could do, and how many Porsches and Mustangs we could pass. Imagine what it could do with some dedicated time to optimize the suspension setup! This video is only one lap of many.

Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!



PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
That double switch at 70 and the steering wheel smooth as crown royal. That was nice. And ya know what, those stock tires are far better then those that bash them have a clue.
Nice post!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!
 
CGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Notinsuspensionthread
Posts: 944
I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
BLACK67

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 905
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Nice work. Love my Phadt!
Can I ask what air pressure was used in the stock tires? I find the factory spec a little hard and have been running lower.
__________________
SPi Performance Stage 2 package
PHADT FE4 ZL Stg.3
VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Cam 427
 
Cam 427's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 630
Very impressive!
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Popy's VT
 
Popy's VT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!
Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!
__________________
Paul Cervone; 2007 AO MN6 Z51 Coupe BBP Vortex Rammer CAI, SpinPorted TB & Intake, JetHot Coated LG Pro Longtubes, Corsa Sports, MGW Short Shifter, EE Tunnel Plate, Oil Catch Can, Lowered, Tinted, GM Racing Spoiler, Tail & Side Marker Blackouts, Pfadt Coilovers, Michelin PS2's, 395 rwhp; 387 rwt
Popy's VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 159
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Popy's VT
 
Popy's VT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
Take no offense but would you run Goodyears in front and Firestones in back? I mean what exactly is your question '... "ALL Pfadt or ALL Pedders"? Run one brand or the other but don't mix them. They are "tuned" to compliment each other. Find one you like and set your car up with that system. It will all work together harmoniously.

I have no idea who Pedders is so I'm partial. I've never heard of them until I read this forum. Never hear them mentioned on the Corvette Forum where Pfadt rules! Sure, there are lot's of companies making suspension parts but Pfadt bases their stuff off competition engineering and racing experience. Some one tell me what cars Pedders cut their teeth on? Big sedans? They might make great stuff but whoever you decide to go with, I'd stick my money on one setup.

But hey, that's just my thoughts
Popy's VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
orange10s.c.

 
orange10s.c.'s Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: panama city fl
Posts: 4,776
Great job guys !!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Awsome ride! Man I would love to take a ride with Aaron. Looks to me like with some better tires, and some real setup time that Camaro will give one hell of a chase to those Vettes!
Great Job Guys!
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
VRMMMM
 
VRMMMM's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Anaheim Hills
Posts: 311
makes me wanna go racing.
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.
This setup is piquing my interest. I also like the stance.
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popy's VT View Post
Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!
Thanks sir!

We ran East Loop all weekend, with the C6Z and with the Camaro. Typically, we would only run the Outer Loop, so we really don't have anything to compare this to besides the C6Z.

The C6Z, with stock powertrain, and a lot of Pfadt Corvette components, as well as cage and other misc. race car prep, qualified around 1:38:XX and ran 1:40s.

So, considering the street/race comparison, as well as the weight of each vehicle, as well as actual set up, not too shabby! Hopefully we get some more time to dial it in.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Thanks for all the great comments guys!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
PrinzII, I appreciate the question. Although I don't think I am going to give you the answer you are looking for.

We can't speak in regards to any competitors products but we can explain our position in the market, and some of the positive characteristics we have as a company, and the benefits that get passed on to our customers.

At Pfadt, we take an engineering approach to the products we provide for the generation 5 Camaro market, among others. We have built a solid reputation in the Corvette C5 and C6 communities, using our expertise in engineering and motorsports to provide well thought out designs for customers looking to improve components on their Corvettte for the street, as well as the track. We have had much success in competition as a result of this approach. Our Camaro effort is no exception. We are attacking this market using the same ideals, knowledge and engineering principles that has given us this success. We test all of our products extensively, both in a virtual (digital) environment, and physical environment. Our Camaro line of products represents our best effort to provide much needed solutions to improving your experience with your Camaro.

We are an American company that provides products made in the USA (except where joint manufacturing technology is necessary, i.e. damper cartridges from Sachs in Germany). We pride ourselves on customer service and being "tangible" to our customers. If you need to speak to one of our engineers to ask why a product was designed a certain way, you can. If you want to speak to one of our owners, to discuss the differences in the sway bars we offer, you can. This is simply a function of our attitude, and we feel as though we need to provide this for people searching for answers. We are glad to do it.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMMMM View Post
makes me wanna go racing.
DO IT!!!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
Silver Ice

 
Silver Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 871
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
SSchase
 
SSchase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SF bay area
Posts: 326
pfadt rocks! called about six times today while installing my coilovers and they always had the answer and helped me fully. awesome product and great service. keep up the good work.
__________________
SSchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Yeah no worries! Thats why we are here!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
PrinzII, I appreciate the question. Although I don't think I am going to give you the answer you are looking for.

We can't speak in regards to any competitors products but we can explain our position in the market, and some of the positive characteristics we have as a company, and the benefits that get passed on to our customers.

At Pfadt, we take an engineering approach to the products we provide for the generation 5 Camaro market, among others. We have built a solid reputation in the Corvette C5 and C6 communities, using our expertise in engineering and motorsports to provide well thought out designs for customers looking to improve components on their Corvettte for the street, as well as the track. We have had much success in competition as a result of this approach. Our Camaro effort is no exception. We are attacking this market using the same ideals, knowledge and engineering principles that has given us this success. We test all of our products extensively, both in a virtual (digital) environment, and physical environment. Our Camaro line of products represents our best effort to provide much needed solutions to improving your experience with your Camaro.

We are an American company that provides products made in the USA (except where joint manufacturing technology is necessary, i.e. damper cartridges from Sachs in Germany). We pride ourselves on customer service and being "tangible" to our customers. If you need to speak to one of our engineers to ask why a product was designed a certain way, you can. If you want to speak to one of our owners, to discuss the differences in the sway bars we offer, you can. This is simply a function of our attitude, and we feel as though we need to provide this for people searching for answers. We are glad to do it.
Pfadt,

I will admit that it takes a LOT to sell me on automotive components but after reading this and your post above, I am leaning toward the Pfadt setup.

I am a very technical person by nature and will probably have a LOT of questions as my goal is to improve handling while not sacrificing ride quality too much.

With that said, I want to know a couple of things.

a) I saw the strut tower brace and would like to add that to the equation to add more rigidity. Was it used with the setup that pulled 1.34g?

b) What's the pricetag for the 1.34g setup?
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 159
By the way, are you limited to GM products? I really would like to do some minor suspension tweaks to the wife-mobile (e.g. upgraded sway bars, 1" lowering springs).
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #22
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Pfadt,

I will admit that it takes a LOT to sell me on automotive components but after reading this and your post above, I am leaning toward the Pfadt setup.

I am a very technical person by nature and will probably have a LOT of questions as my goal is to improve handling while not sacrificing ride quality too much.

With that said, I want to know a couple of things.

a) I saw the strut tower brace and would like to add that to the equation to add more rigidity. Was it used with the setup that pulled 1.34g?

b) What's the pricetag for the 1.34g setup?
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

a) Yes
b) I can PM you with this info
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
By the way, are you limited to GM products? I really would like to do some minor suspension tweaks to the wife-mobile (e.g. upgraded sway bars, 1" lowering springs).
As of right now, the only programs we work on are GM-based(Corvette and Camaro).
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
Hey Pfadt folks, great thread. Is your development car fully outfitted with all your suspension bushings or just the ones you listed above. You also mentioned you were running -1.8 camber up front, what are you running out back, I am interested to know where you were able to get the rears with a drop like that and what modification, if any, you had to make to get the alignment you were looking for.

Thanks in advance and again for a great thread. It is really great to see what some of us have to look forward to with future upgrades (at least once my driving skills get to the point I can take advantage of them)
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #25
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Hey Pfadt folks, great thread. Is your development car fully outfitted with all your suspension bushings or just the ones you listed above. You also mentioned you were running -1.8 camber up front, what are you running out back, I am interested to know where you were able to get the rears with a drop like that and what modification, if any, you had to make to get the alignment you were looking for.

Thanks in advance and again for a great thread. It is really great to see what some of us have to look forward to with future upgrades (at least once my driving skills get to the point I can take advantage of them)
Of course! Let me dig up the tech sheet for that test session. I don't remember the rear camber off the top of my head right now. Although I am sure we would have had a setting from our recommended sheet here: http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...-alignment.pdf

This car did not have all of our bushings installed. For whatever reason the configuration we had at the time omitted the rear upper and lower control arm bushings, and the front Street Spherical bushing kit.

Anytime!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.