Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
PrinzII, I appreciate the question. Although I don't think I am going to give you the answer you are looking for.

We can't speak in regards to any competitors products but we can explain our position in the market, and some of the positive characteristics we have as a company, and the benefits that get passed on to our customers.

At Pfadt, we take an engineering approach to the products we provide for the generation 5 Camaro market, among others. We have built a solid reputation in the Corvette C5 and C6 communities, using our expertise in engineering and motorsports to provide well thought out designs for customers looking to improve components on their Corvettte for the street, as well as the track. We have had much success in competition as a result of this approach. Our Camaro effort is no exception. We are attacking this market using the same ideals, knowledge and engineering principles that has given us this success. We test all of our products extensively, both in a virtual (digital) environment, and physical environment. Our Camaro line of products represents our best effort to provide much needed solutions to improving your experience with your Camaro.

We are an American company that provides products made in the USA (except where joint manufacturing technology is necessary, i.e. damper cartridges from Sachs in Germany). We pride ourselves on customer service and being "tangible" to our customers. If you need to speak to one of our engineers to ask why a product was designed a certain way, you can. If you want to speak to one of our owners, to discuss the differences in the sway bars we offer, you can. This is simply a function of our attitude, and we feel as though we need to provide this for people searching for answers. We are glad to do it.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMMMM View Post
makes me wanna go racing.
DO IT!!!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
Silver Ice

 
Silver Ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 845
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
SSchase
 
SSchase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SF bay area
Posts: 322
pfadt rocks! called about six times today while installing my coilovers and they always had the answer and helped me fully. awesome product and great service. keep up the good work.
__________________
SSchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Yeah no worries! Thats why we are here!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #20
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
PrinzII, I appreciate the question. Although I don't think I am going to give you the answer you are looking for.

We can't speak in regards to any competitors products but we can explain our position in the market, and some of the positive characteristics we have as a company, and the benefits that get passed on to our customers.

At Pfadt, we take an engineering approach to the products we provide for the generation 5 Camaro market, among others. We have built a solid reputation in the Corvette C5 and C6 communities, using our expertise in engineering and motorsports to provide well thought out designs for customers looking to improve components on their Corvettte for the street, as well as the track. We have had much success in competition as a result of this approach. Our Camaro effort is no exception. We are attacking this market using the same ideals, knowledge and engineering principles that has given us this success. We test all of our products extensively, both in a virtual (digital) environment, and physical environment. Our Camaro line of products represents our best effort to provide much needed solutions to improving your experience with your Camaro.

We are an American company that provides products made in the USA (except where joint manufacturing technology is necessary, i.e. damper cartridges from Sachs in Germany). We pride ourselves on customer service and being "tangible" to our customers. If you need to speak to one of our engineers to ask why a product was designed a certain way, you can. If you want to speak to one of our owners, to discuss the differences in the sway bars we offer, you can. This is simply a function of our attitude, and we feel as though we need to provide this for people searching for answers. We are glad to do it.
Pfadt,

I will admit that it takes a LOT to sell me on automotive components but after reading this and your post above, I am leaning toward the Pfadt setup.

I am a very technical person by nature and will probably have a LOT of questions as my goal is to improve handling while not sacrificing ride quality too much.

With that said, I want to know a couple of things.

a) I saw the strut tower brace and would like to add that to the equation to add more rigidity. Was it used with the setup that pulled 1.34g?

b) What's the pricetag for the 1.34g setup?
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #21
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner
 
PrinzII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 164
By the way, are you limited to GM products? I really would like to do some minor suspension tweaks to the wife-mobile (e.g. upgraded sway bars, 1" lowering springs).
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #22
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Pfadt,

I will admit that it takes a LOT to sell me on automotive components but after reading this and your post above, I am leaning toward the Pfadt setup.

I am a very technical person by nature and will probably have a LOT of questions as my goal is to improve handling while not sacrificing ride quality too much.

With that said, I want to know a couple of things.

a) I saw the strut tower brace and would like to add that to the equation to add more rigidity. Was it used with the setup that pulled 1.34g?

b) What's the pricetag for the 1.34g setup?
Thank you very much for your kind comments.

a) Yes
b) I can PM you with this info
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
By the way, are you limited to GM products? I really would like to do some minor suspension tweaks to the wife-mobile (e.g. upgraded sway bars, 1" lowering springs).
As of right now, the only programs we work on are GM-based(Corvette and Camaro).
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
Hey Pfadt folks, great thread. Is your development car fully outfitted with all your suspension bushings or just the ones you listed above. You also mentioned you were running -1.8 camber up front, what are you running out back, I am interested to know where you were able to get the rears with a drop like that and what modification, if any, you had to make to get the alignment you were looking for.

Thanks in advance and again for a great thread. It is really great to see what some of us have to look forward to with future upgrades (at least once my driving skills get to the point I can take advantage of them)
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #25
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
Hey Pfadt folks, great thread. Is your development car fully outfitted with all your suspension bushings or just the ones you listed above. You also mentioned you were running -1.8 camber up front, what are you running out back, I am interested to know where you were able to get the rears with a drop like that and what modification, if any, you had to make to get the alignment you were looking for.

Thanks in advance and again for a great thread. It is really great to see what some of us have to look forward to with future upgrades (at least once my driving skills get to the point I can take advantage of them)
Of course! Let me dig up the tech sheet for that test session. I don't remember the rear camber off the top of my head right now. Although I am sure we would have had a setting from our recommended sheet here: http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-c...-alignment.pdf

This car did not have all of our bushings installed. For whatever reason the configuration we had at the time omitted the rear upper and lower control arm bushings, and the front Street Spherical bushing kit.

Anytime!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #26
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
So would it be safe to say with full bushings there is the potential to get a little more out of the car
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
PfadtRacing
 
PfadtRacing's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 3,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
So would it be safe to say with full bushings there is the potential to get a little more out of the car
I like your enthusiasm!

Its hard to say for sure. Admittedly, G numbers are impossible to compare with out doing back to back testing under identical conditions. They are dependent upon a ton of variables. So I would not be able to say that you can expect more Gs with the addition of a handful of small parts.

But, with that said, provided an optimal alignment is included, it can't hurt!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #28
robertway

 
robertway's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 842
I am very interested to get the feedback about how the car is from an in-cabin vibration perspective when totally outfitted with all your bushings as well as the front sphericals, solid sub frames and rear trailing arms.
__________________

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin




LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.