Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
babarudy

Drives: 2010 2lt rs jewell tint
her name is Liberty

back in 2005 i leased a 2005 4runner. good car but bad decision. i had a chance to buy what i called "plain jane" i decided to not pay for a vehicle twice. so i sold her and waited for my camaro. i wanted a metallic gray 2lt rs, but they were hard to get ahold of unless you could wait for the order/delivery but i needed some quality transportation. my dealer had received a red jewel tint 2lt rs, [but i wanted a gray one i thought] so i went to look at her, she was beautiful! i knew this was the one. kinda like my love Julie. she is a cardiac nurse and so the color of the car is kind of arterial red and i figure sometimes" i am red with a jewel tint". so now that brings me to the mods i want. i have started collecting the pieces and as follows 1 4 to 3 inch silicone reducer for my 4 inch intake experiment.[i am having trouble finding out what maf sensor to use in it. will the stock 3 inch maf sensor work in a 4 inch universal maf sensor housing and if not will a maf sensor from a ss or ls3 ?which i believe is a stock 4 inch system.] some various 4 inch alum tubes and 90% emboss from same, i also purchased ,for ten $online, a intake/throttle body tube for a ls3, that is 4 inch. a spectre 4 inch maf housing mount ,and aim waiting on the 4 inch maf sensor housing it will cost about 60$ after shipping. i hope to have some [pictures up of the different combinations i might try. this also might be quite futile. i am just waiting for the knowledgeable members of camaro5 to comment on how crazy i am. i could buy the system pre assembled and bolt it on. but i am having more fun designing and learning about this aspect ,of this vehicle, i named Liberty! i have already blacked my badges. i want in stall red led footwell leds. also 3 cameras one above the lic. plate and one on each side for curbs. i will powder coat the rims black and remove/and or modify the tail light bezels. also i noticed what seem to be zippers on the back of the front seats. if that is so i want to put in a speaker and dvd monitor in the back of each.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...milies/bow.gif

Last edited by babarudy; 05-21-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: misspelling rewording
babarudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black bowties, cai, debadged