Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Yellow or Black

Hey Guys,
My first post, and i am stuck on the color that i want to decide on. If i get the yellow there will be black stripes. But if go black then there wont be any. Need to decide to put my order in

So my question is what color do you guys prefer? The yellow or black? Help!
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
First, WELCOME!

As for your dilema;

I'm partial to black, having owned 2 black Camaro's. But black is ALOT of work to maintain. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, black looks awesome when clean. But its a very unforgiving color.

Yellow will be easier to maintain. But, is it a color you will still like a few years "down the road"? I like the look of the yellow C6/ZO6, and I like 'Bumblebee' when I saw him in person, (), but I doubt I'd ever own yellow.

Hope that helps???
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
First, WELCOME!

As for your dilema;

I'm partial to black, having owned 2 black Camaro's. But black is ALOT of work to maintain. If you're willing to put in the time and effort, black looks awesome when clean. But its a very unforgiving color.

Yellow will be easier to maintain. But, is it a color you will still like a few years "down the road"? I like the look of the yellow C6/ZO6, and I like 'Bumblebee' when I saw him in person, (), but I doubt I'd ever own yellow.

Hope that helps???
Thanks for the input, yea i love the bumblebee yellow, but never saw the rally yellow in person yet. How much different is it?

I love black, but i think its a love hate relationship. Very nice clean, but to maintain it is where you hate it lol
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
The BB yellow and Rally Yellow aren't close. . . the BB yellow is a lot more "golden-ish"

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
True, bumble bee and rally are two different animals... BUT. My sister's cobalt is rally yellow, and while it is certainly a 'loud' color, it looks great, it's very eye-catching, and does a fair job of showing off the car's lines. In my opinion, of all the pre-pros we've seen to date, that yellow 2LT/RS is one of if not THE best looking one of the bunch. Of course, I'm still waiting on the blues and the gray to show up. Seriously though, the yellow would look sick with some black stripes on there. You'd definitely have a less common camaro. I say go yellow.
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
I'm going yellow with this one, I have had few black and navy blue Camaros.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
nickspohn

Drives: 2002 Camaro
I was used to a light color car (silver) before i got my dark blue camaro. I never thought it would be a problem making it look clean, but man was i wrong. Same goes with black, looks amazing when it's clean, but if it gets dirty, ewww.... I clean my Camaro and it's dirty after day 2 :(.

So i'll probably be going with the dark silver or inferno orange. yummmm.

So my opinion is get the yellow.

Although black rims on a black camaro.... hot.
nickspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
fierodeletre

I normally don't care for anything other than natural or polished metal finish on my wheels, but there's something about that 02 Trans Am with the yellow paint and blacked out wheels that rings my bell...
Old 10-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #9
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I like the yellow, with the black rally stripe package.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
nickspohn

Drives: 2002 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
I normally don't care for anything other than natural or polished metal finish on my wheels, but there's something about that 02 Trans Am with the yellow paint and blacked out wheels that rings my bell...
Now that i think about it black rims on a new yellow camaro would look awesome.
nickspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
My opinion was determined when you noted that if you get black you won't get any stripes. Almost all sporty cars do look good in black on black. But not many cars are available with cool stripes, and they will help any color Camaro stand out from the crowd. The Shelby GT500 coupe comes with the nose-to-tail LeMans stripes standard (stripe delete is a no-cost option) and very few people choose without stripes (although of all the stripe-delete GT500 coupes, black is most popular, of course). So I say go for yellow with black stripes, 'cause I'd vote for any color with stripes over one without.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #12
srg963

Drives: 08 Stealth Blue G8 GT
Black.

If you really want to stand out to the police and their cameras, get a color with stripes
Old 10-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #13
fierodeletre

wow, total thread jack, but as serious of a poncho nut as I am, I literally did a double take on your G8. thought it was a 5-series for a half second. (that's a good thing, although the Pontiac DEFINITELY has better rear quarters in any case.) It IS a good point on attracting the Po-Lice, but just don't break the law and you've got nothing to worry about!
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

man this decision is really hard. AHH!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

anymore input?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #16
screamingchicken88

Drives: '88 Firebird,98 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
The BB yellow and Rally Yellow aren't close. . . the BB yellow is a lot more "golden-ish"
True that, but keep in mind that the BB yellow is an iridescent candy color, meaning that it changes depending on the amount of light shining on that particular area. Under a lot of light, the bumblebee camaro looks very close to a yellow cobalt (have pictures to prove it but not on this computer). In the end, if you like the yellow cobalts, and think some black would make them look great, then yellow is the color for you. I know I couldn't have it any other way.
screamingchicken88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM   #17
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
As said above black is beatiful when is clean...

You could always try Black w/silver stripes, or black w/Cyber Gray stripe. My 69 had Blue w/white stripes. I figured this time around I would try the "stealth stripe" look. In a bit of a hurry so I didnt look for any other pics, but check out the photoshop thread for more.

Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #18
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Check my sig for what I'm doing with mine. I haven't had a black car for almost 10 years and when I did it was 10 years old so keeping up the paint wasn't priority #1. The maintainence for owning a black car scares my but a few things come to mind:

1) There are TONS of black cars running around that look HAWT!!

2) I probably won't mind the maintainence; I loved my black '89 Z/24 Cavi and used to wash it for fun and I know I'll love my 5th gen waaaaay more

3) Everytime I see a black car w/ black wheels it just grabs me. I don't see one very often but when I do they certainly make an impresion. There's a guy around the corner from me with a Charger that looks just like this one:

and i just drool on sight!

Sooo... that's my case for black, but yellow will definitely be hot too. The only thing that woulld keep me away from it is the fact that the bumblebee color scheme will most likely be done to death.

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #19
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
i was tossing around the same decision. i just put my order in today and i went with black. three reasons i made this decision...

1) the yellow is not quite bumblebee yellow
2) ten years from now when the transformers movie is no longer relevant i'll just be driving around in a yellow car
3) black looks beautiful
Old 10-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #20
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
in the end its all about what "YOU" want.
we could give you all the advice in the world, and it wouldnt help.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 AM   #21
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

thanks for the help guys, gonna sleep on it. Dont usually get stuck on a color of a car like this. First time ever. I usually know what i want lol
Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I don't quite understand these statements with all due respect..I have owned white, black, gold, tan, deep green, navy blue, and black cars through my family and personal life....

and I have YET to find a color that doesn't look "ewwwy" when its dirty. "Oh wow Dad, that hint of dirty and ass looks GREAT on your yellow, but not so great on my black".....no....white looks bad, yellow looks bad, black looks bad if you dont keep up with the vehicle. Expect to see a hell of alot of blacks/silvers seeing as how, for some ungodly reason the SS has limited colors that are offered to other models, but not the SS....yellow would make your vehicle much more personal and unique.

Heres the only advise you need, if you are going to clean it and you WANT that color, thats all that matters. Not what we say, and if you are going to let it sit for 2 months without cleaning it....then do us all a favor and not do the camaro such an injustice.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Dont beat yourself up to much on the color bro, just order one of them, and you have a few months to change your mind, and change your order. But let us know what you decide!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #24
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I don't quite understand these statements with all due respect..I have owned white, black, gold, tan, deep green, navy blue, and black cars through my family and personal life....

and I have YET to find a color that doesn't look "ewwwy" when its dirty. "Oh wow Dad, that hint of dirty and ass looks GREAT on your yellow, but not so great on my black".....no....white looks bad, yellow looks bad, black looks bad if you dont keep up with the vehicle. Expect to see a hell of alot of blacks/silvers seeing as how, for some ungodly reason the SS has limited colors that are offered to other models, but not the SS....yellow would make your vehicle much more personal and unique.

Heres the only advise you need, if you are going to clean it and you WANT that color, thats all that matters. Not what we say, and if you are going to let it sit for 2 months without cleaning it....then do us all a favor and not do the camaro such an injustice.
Some colors show dirt much more quickly and easily than others. Dark colors appear dirty quickly. Light colors hide dirt far longer.

My opinion on the Black vs. Yellow dilemma?

Are you sure you'll like the loud yellow in a couple years? Or will it get old? I think the Camaro looks great in yellow, but I could never own yellow.

If you like the stripes then, as someone else suggested, you can get silver or gray stripes on the black. I'm am not a fan of stripes personally, but I find black w/silver or gray to be one of the best combination for a vehicle you're going to drive every day. A little more subtle imo.

So the decision is hard. Bright loud color you MAY get tired of? (As you get older those bright colors often lose their appeal. Though I have no idea how old you are, I'm assuming younger. If I'm wrong, my apologies.) Or black, the impossible to keep clean color?

I think I'd have to go with Black on this one. With or without stripes.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
jordan 572

Drives: none
black is hard to keep nice u need to wax at least once a month and touchless carwashes are kind of bad but yellow if you really want it [i would be mad if someone was telling me what color to get] then get it but yellow i think no offense look kind of cheap and it will be hard to sell later
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote