Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax Exhausts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM   #1
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Drives: Camaro Justice
Now Available at JPSS...

Have you upgraded to JPSS Black Magic Sway Bars? Order yours today!

JPSS Black Magic Camaro Sway bars are designed to deliver a neutral feel behind the wheel. The 5th Gen Camaro uses a Virtual Pivot (VP) front suspension and with a rear IRS. The IRS sticks better than the front VP. Weight distribution for the 2010 through 2015 Camaro is 52/48. The V6, SS and ZL1 are equipped with staggered wheels and tires. The combination of suspension type, weight distribution and smaller front tires all contribute to understeer. Through the production run, GM has addressed understeer with a rear sway bar geometry design change moving the sway bar mounting points closer to the rear wheels increasing the efficiency of operation and reducing understeer. The rear bar and front bar are roughly the same size, except on the ZL1. The ZL1 use a large 28mm rear bar with a 24mm front bar. We refer to this as a sway bar bias of +4mm.

TEAM Camaro has introduce two 'handling' models with the 1LE and the Z/28. Both run a semi-square wheel and tire setup with the front wheels 1/2 narrower than the rear wheels, but the tire size the same. This setup was first used on Justice Pete's personal 2010 Camaro back in 2009. Working with Forgeline they were able to fit 19x10.5 rims with 305/30/19 tires. The resulting improvement in handling was, pardon the pun, staggering. The 1LE comes from the factory with a 27mm front bar and 28mm rear bar with a +1 bias. The Z28 bars are the same front and rear with a 0 bias. Why?

Because the wheel and tire setup bring the Camaro too close to neutral. For safety and liability reasons, all new car manufacturers build cars to understeer. When you start to slide in a corner with an understeer car, lifting off the accelerator and mashing the Anti Lock Brake (ABS) pedal will improve the situation. In a neutral car or a car with oversteer, lifting in the early stages of a slide will cause the car to spin. since the introduction of ABS, drivers have been taught and have come to depend on the technology to 'save' them instead of learning car control. JPSS makes parts for driver's that choose car control and want a vehicle that leans to oversteer and know how to control it.

JPSS Black Magic Camaro Sway Bars are 27mm adjustable front and 32mm rear with a bias of +5mm that is adjustable to +4.5 or +5.5 by setting the front bar to full soft or full hard. Just like the GM sway bars that came on your car, JPSS sway bars are solid. They deliver maximum strength and maximum durability. The steel straps that came with your factory sway bars are incredibly strong. That is why we have specially made bushing to fit them instead of using a generic one bushing fits all style with a light weight steel strap. Each JPSS Black Magic Camaro Sway Bar Kit is packaged with the several sets of bushings to fit all the straps for all models of the Camaro.

If your Camaro is not equipped with an outboard mount style sway bar JPSS has an upgrade package that includes the new style rear lower control arms and rear drop links required.

Front and Rear Set http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/jpss-...-gen-sway-bars
Rear Bar Only http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/jpss-...-bar-rear-only

Last edited by JusticePete; Yesterday at 02:01 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #2
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
First response! Help me with a discount and I'll take your first set!
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM   #3
StlRomAniaN

I cannot wait to feel the night and day difference from my FE3 sways.
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #4
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
First response! Help me with a discount and I'll take your first set!
Quote:
I cannot wait to feel the night and day difference from my FE3 sways.
You have waited soooooooooooo loooooooooong for SOON to arrive - FREE SHIPPING! We'll adjust the billing on your order manually.
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #5
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Is "now" the new "soon"?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #6
StlRomAniaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You have waited soooooooooooo loooooooooong for SOON to arrive - FREE SHIPPING! We'll adjust the billing on your order manually.
I'll take your word on that!

I see that the bars go for $599.99. How much extra will I need to pay for the FE3 conversion (LCAs & endlinks I believe)?
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #7
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Quote:
I'll take your word on that!

I see that the bars go for $599.99. How much extra will I need to pay for the FE3 conversion (LCAs & endlinks I believe)?
http://www.jpssonline.com/shop/jpss-...-gen-sway-bars

PM sent!

All, the forum limits how many posts a vendor can make in this section. It prevent companies from endlessly bumping their for sale threads. If I don't respond in the thread, it means I am locked out for the day. Watch for a PM
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM   #8
JusticePete
CamaroCross Founder

Mark,

Thank you for the order. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the JPSS family!