Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 08-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #1001
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Now THAT is going the extra mile.
WOW!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #1002
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Although I still haven’t had time to un-pack or upload any pics, I wanted to take time to thank everyone for such a great time! If I have left anyone out, I’m sorry, but the event would not have been the same w/out everyone!
I want to thank everyone for coming out and making this Meet and Greet simply AMAZING! I had an experience that I will never forget and made friendships to last a life time.
Scott and Hylton, you two are great stewards of Canada and Camaro Enthusiasts alike! You both deserve all the accolades for such an amazing event, and I can’t wait for the next one.
My Camarovan entourage where to start… maybe somewhere along a stretch of the highway and a short… very short entrance to a construction zone. Or maybe it was the “Dukes of Hazzard-esque” driving maneuvers from missing exit-ramps. No I think it was constant walkie-talkie banter that made the 6 hour drive bearable! Angel, even though you’re a WingNut… you Rock! Any time you “misplace” your keys, I’ll be there w/ a nice glass of Sweet Tea w/ your name on it. (Even though we left ½ a bottle in the room when we left). Bob and Brenda all I can say, is the border crossing was all Scotty’s fault Erik you are your wife are great people and I appreciate getting the chance to know you as well. Don’t worry Mr and Mrs Bearinger, I wont let you out of this one… You are the only ones that I know that can drink Monster as much as I do Thank you for helping Scotty out and not letting the turtles “eat” him.
To all the parking lot partiers… I hope this Texas boy didn’t leave too much of a bad impression on anyone. Tom (Banshee) you and I are like kindred souls except I would never use the words “wobbly pop” or try to cook a goldfish… at least I don’t think I would Trent and Amy, you two seem to bring the best out of us all! Your dedication and ambition to having a good time is simply contagious! Not to mention the Ford drive was GENIUS!!!!! Bama, it was a great honor for me to finally meet the man, who so generously offered his litho to me! You have a gorgeous and unmistakable car! I immediately knew who you were when you rolled in to Martinrea. Eric, it was great finally meeting you and your wife! You represented the State of Texas very well!! It’s not every day that you get the chance to meet someone from El Paso w/ the same passion. You have done an amazing job w/ your car and I hope to see you down the road! Lisa, I absolutely love you and can’t wait for our next outing!!! Josh it was great meeting you and you truly deserved the grand prize! Jason thanks for your Canadian hospitality!! I love your exhaust and the reflections it was making on parking lot. It takes a great person to drive solo from Alberta, but man it wouldn’t have been the same w/ out you… I think you should really add some “hockey racing” stripes to your car… then you would never forget Oshawa Tom, Rick and Joanne, Chris and Suzanne, Chris and Diane, Rick and Ray, Duane, Dorthy, Rick and Karen, Jen, Gary and Cindy, blkngldbabe, I’m sure I’m missing a few but thanks for all the great memories!! How could I forget Karen (RRed Hot) and Dave (luckynuts)… I think your screen names pretty well lived up their expectations!!
To our GM hosts and colleagues thanks for showing such hospitality and rolling out the red carpet for us! Mike, it’s been said time and time again, but you truly epitomize integrity and honor! You have turned what would or could be a monotonous ordering ordeal into a lifetime of great memories. You are selfless and humble, qualities that truly describe a hero! I can’t wait for you to get your hands on my ‘Vert this spring!!! Linda and Giles (spelling?) it was a great honor to meet you both! Linda has such great dedication to your job as well as the car!! You two are truly “ORANGENL”!!!
Eric,

It was truly great to meet you as well! We had an amazing time with all of you, can't wait until you return next year!

You are always WELCOME!!!!!

Joanne
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #1003
sugar'n'spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
You betcha, I can hardly wait!
That's right, Jennifer......We can't wait either!

Book the whole weekend!!! WOOHOO!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #1004
sugar'n'spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
We would like to thank all of you who came up to join us this year. Yes, last year was tough to beat but I think we at least tied it! There are a few people we would like to thank:

To everyone's favorite dealers : Little_Bank_Robber (Sparta Chevrolet, Sparta Michigan), SS-Eric (Classic Chevrolet, Grapevine Texas) and Camaro Scotty (Newman Chevrolet, Cedarburg Wisconsin) - We are so proud to be the first event where all 3 of you were able to attend together. Love the 3 of you (we proved this early Sunday morning).

Along with the dealerships above, we would like to thank Surgenor Buick GMC (Ottawa, Ontario), Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac (Oshawa, Ontario), Martinrea, Hugger Car Covers, ACS Composites, the Camaro Country F-Body Group club, SPI Performance, Limestone Emroidery (Kingston) and Tyler Construction for their generous donations. Your sponsorship meant that there was no cost to anyone to participate in this year’s event (which is almost unheard of these days) and that we had some awesome goodie bags and raffle prizes. To Marinrea and Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac- what an incredible spread you put on for us and thank you so much for your generous hospitality. We hope you will all be involved again next year.

To the people who came from long distances - Bamaproshop (Alabama), CajunCamaroChick (Louisiana), SS-Eric and JnK (Texas), El Ess X (South Carolina), Ruffian (Colorado), Ravirn (Alberta)… Please let me know if I have missed someone.... A huge THANK-YOU! You really opened some eyes at the GM plant with respect to how passionate and thankful you are to the workers.

To all the returning Camaro5 members (who also drove for hours to get to Oshawa): Angelina, PSSIRAB, Banshee (and the whole Michigan gang), TRM002, (and the whole Upsate NY gang), CamaroRick, SugarNSpice, RickRay, Luckynuts & Reddhot, (and the whole Montreal/Ontario east gang) - Thanks for being there from day 1 - this wouldn't be half the party without you. We love you all (we proved this early Sunday morning) . We've also added a new regular event for future years thanks to you: It will be called "The TRM Invasion". 'Nuff said!

Thanks to all the GM folks who made this possible: Dan Hermer, Oshawa Autoplex General Manager, Tony Larocca, Director of Communications - GM Canada, George Branson (MrBrans5), Linda Landry and Mike Judge (Super60) who all spent months getting the word out within the plant. Special thanks to Mike and Linda - Mike had awarded all who participated this year a litho and Linda was our BBOMG negotiator as well as went out of her way to donate a 2010 Camaro book signed by over 200 employees from the Flex plant. A big thank you goes out to Chris Buckley and the local UAW as well as Oshawa Mayor (and fellow Camaro enthusiast) Mayor John Gray for supporting the event and it's purpose.

Thanks to all the members who participated for the first time this year and those that and are reading this but aren't members here – we hope you had a great time and hope you will return again next year.

Cheers!

Hylton Jorssen and Scott English
BBOMG Organizers
Hylton and Scott,

You both did an amazing job on organizing the 2nd BBOMG!
We thank you for all the hard work and dedicaton!!

We will definitely be back next year!!!

Joanne & Rick
Old 08-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #1005
Angelina

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I speak for many when I say you were missed Doug (Heinz)!

+100

Missed my swiss army knife!

Drives: 2SS RS, IOM, Auto, Sunroof

Delivered: 5/15/09
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #1006
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Some have PM'd me asking where to send a THANK YOU LETTER to our "President" for sponsoring the event, so here the big three addresses!

Thanks for offering - it will help us ALL be back NEXT TIME!

Mr. Chad Curran
Newman Chevrolet
PO BOX 465
Cedarburg, WI 53012

Or email me at svolkert@north2newman.com with OSHAWA THANK YOU in the subject line

Mr. Hagen Durant
Classic Chevrolet
1101 SHY 114
Grapevine TX 76051

Mr. Davey Vanderhyde
Sparta Chevrolet
8955 Sparta Ave
Sparta MI 49345
Thanks!

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #1007
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CamarosOnHand View Post
Oh, no that's right the convertible footage has taken you to a whole new status level around the showroom
And where is this spy footage

Update: I found it. I thought the story was that it drove by the hotel not on the plant grounds?
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)

Last edited by 5THGENRS; 08-24-2010 at 06:34 PM.
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #1008
Angelina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
Angel, even though you’re a WingNut… you Rock! Any time you “misplace” your keys, I’ll be there w/ a nice glass of Sweet Tea w/ your name on it. (Even though we left ½ a bottle in the room when we left).
LOL I actually did like the tea after a few sips!

Goooo WINGS!

Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #1009
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
LOL I actually did like the tea after a few sips!

Goooo WINGS!
Everything is better with a little sweet tea I wont comment on the 2nd line...
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #1010
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
You hug me...you squeeze me...all weekend.....and you forgot me already?

Was it just a weekend thing?
It's so hard to keep up with people's names, screen names, what we all did.....responding to all the posts.

Could I EVER forget you?

Never!

Still trying to get the house together and back to the grind after 3 weeks off of work. Still trying to elaborate, navigate and get together all of what happened this weekend. It is so difficult to palm press, thank, socialize, remember new faces, names, screen names, locations, cars/colors. It's like sensory overload! It's just a shame that it all goes by so quickly over 48-72 hours over a 3 day period. But thats the wonderful part of this group. Canadians and Americans getting together over a common bond, a car. Who would have thought?

I am proud to say that you are ALL my friends. Although we spend such little time together, the cohesion, the gelling, the antics. Fun and relaxation is NEVER difficult to be had, even though we are a diverse group. I have NEVER found such comfort in a group of people. I am proud that many people got this #2 meeting together and alot of people had a blast.

To GM Oshawa, you guys were awesome! Thank you for allowing us the space and time...For Melissa for bringing out Keith's Synergy Green SS....ANd for the unintentional vert spotting.

Martinrea, As usual, your staff was stellar! the food was awesome, the hospitality was awesome, your employees were awesome! I for one am overjoyed that your plant and staff continued this tradition. Martinrea is a keystone to what makes this weekend work....to see the process of Camaro drivetrain manufacturing is a driving factor for alot of people attending.

Nurse Chevrolet....The food and hospitality was awesome! (Canadian beef rocks!) Your staff was engaging, friendly warm. It was a privilage to park in your lot and relax with all the other Camaros from all other generations. I am really looking forward to next years event!

Linda from Oshawa...For you to attend and donate that wonderful signed Camaro book, support this meet was wonderful (1 of Josh's 1389 tickets won)

Mike Judge...Two words. Class Act. Your continual support, dedication, drive, ambition, sacrifice and relentless efforts will go down in the annals of this Meet and Greet forever. I am proud to be your friend.

Anna... You're awesome...I need not say more.

Angelina....always fun to work out the last minute logistics with you and fill in the gaps. You are an intregal part of this entire event.

Trent...AKA Park my ass behind the biggest 18 wheeler in a 5 car caravan...You are my wingman, my partner in crime, my drinking buddy. ANd Amy, his better half. Can't wait till you get off punishment.

Eric and David....You guys MUST come back next year...Oshawa will not be the same without you! You guys to kept the flow going! I had a blast having someone to get stupid with.

Camaro Scotty....You are a man among men. It was so much fun roasting things in the parking lot and just talking to you about anything.

Josh...I hope you get that Hurst.

Jo, It was a weekend thing...once a year. 362 days to go.

Ricks, Dave & Karen...You guys are awesome! I mean that. Montreal I will be in March...And as many others on the way.

Rachel...Sorry for being so rough with spin the bottle

Duane...My last minute roommate and teacher of the finer aspects of Canadian beer. I thank you for sharing your room.

Keith and Jason........You guys are a blast! Get that Synergy and get your ass back to Oshawa for the full event!

Tyler and Dustin Next year will be better!

Lisa...One word...HANDCUFFS!

Bill...Great long talk about the Vette.

Bill....Thanks for taking your time with capturing this event.,...again!

Bamabird...With the funniest quip of the weekend, my hat is off to you!

Hylton...We spoke till 6 am Sunday morning. Nuff said.

Scott....So laid back, so evasive, so even keeled. You sacrifice so much for so little. Karma is definately in your favor.

To all those I have not mentioned, yet, my memory is slowly coming back.

I will be there next year, no excuse, without fail!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 08-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #1011
trott

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
Thanks again Hylton and Scott, you guys ROCK. Thanks Mike for taking the time to sign my window sticker and taking the time to get other workers of the plant to sign. And thankyou to all of the sponsors that helped make this event possible. Anyway, here's a couple pictures I touched up.

trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #1012
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
I thought the story was that it drove by the hotel ....
Uhm - Shhh!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #1013
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Tom, Like I said in Oshawa, I'd put my money on you over Steve (from Springer) the Chicago cop ANY DAY!

Now I'm trying to come up with a reason to go to Detroit! How much cheese you buying....?
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #1014
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Uhm - Shhh!
and they wonder why I brough a Vibe..... tee hee
Old 08-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #1015
Angelina

Quote:
Originally Posted by trott View Post

LOVE IT!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #1016
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
... Anyway, here's a couple pictures I touched up.
Oooo nice job! Thanks.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #1017
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Tom, Like I said in Oshawa, I'd put my money on you over Steve (from Springer) the Chicago cop ANY DAY!

Now I'm trying to come up with a reason to go to Detroit! How much cheese you buying....?
10 # of curd. We can head up north for some R&R and get plenty of home made Elk, Moose and beef jerkey.

And of course...visit Hooters!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #1018
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
There's gonna be Karaoke right???? muahahaha.....
Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #1019
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
That would be early in the evening, when things are still quite tame.....
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #1020
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
We actually tried to do that, Anna and I talked about it, but it went out the window once the bottle hit the floor!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #1021
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Oooohhh...I guess nobody would like to hear my rendition of a Divinyls song then.

P.S when I was younger and almost attractive I won a trip to Vegas singing. To bad I got older and a bit more alto LOL!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #1022
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Oooohhh...I guess nobody would like to hear my rendition of a Divinyls song then.

P.S when I was younger and almost attractive I won a trip to Vegas singing. To bad I got older and a bit more alto LOL!
I listen to ANYTHING - just ask the boys from Texas
Old 08-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #1023
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
We actually tried to do that, Anna and I talked about it, but it went out the window once the bottle hit the floor!
Maam, you are very close to getting a BANNER Violation.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #1024
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

HOw does it go?? Whip her, beat her, make her write bad cheques?? bahahaha.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #1025
Hobgoblin42

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th Anniversary edition
Send a message via Yahoo to Hobgoblin42
Quote:
Thanks again Hylton and Scott, you guys ROCK. Thanks Mike for taking the time to sign my window sticker and taking the time to get other workers of the plant to sign. And thankyou to all of the sponsors that helped make this event possible. Anyway, here's a couple pictures I touched up.

Love this. Thanks!
Hobgoblin42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oshawa rocks!, you should be coming here!