Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #51
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Just wanted to post and say thanks for the video. I just had to replace my shark fin the other day due to my garage door hitting it ( don't ask).

This video was the only reason I attempted to do it myself, and while it took me a lot longer than it did in the video, I'm glad I saved a few bucks.

I have a sun roof so I went in that way, which is way easier than going in from the back.
The connectors were a piece of cake. I can build a pc in my sleep so I'm not afraid of no stinking connectors.
The only real problem I had was the damn ratchet slipping off the bolt
And trying to find a half inch 8mm socket. Literally no store I went to had them. Ended up having to get a different 8mm socket just for the coat hanger bolts.

But anyway, thanks a lot for the vid. It's a million times better than instructions or pictures.
My pleasure.

Very glad to see it helped.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
My 2011 2SS is different from this. I could not get the headliner down 2 inches without the headliner wanting to crease. I would have to remove the seatbelt bracket from the sides in order to get that cover off and out of the way enough for it not to want to crease.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: I have a collection of Camaros
Just installed my color matched xm antenna from Lupe. This video was a great help. The two connectors are a pain....I dont know how you were able to do them with one hand. Props to you on that. The finished product was well worth it but I am glad I dont have to do it again lol. And others who do it, I did get a crease on each side of the headliner neer where the door was on either side but once I put it back together it was barely noticable. So maybe like others mentioned it will be totally be gone later today.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1997 White Z/28 Camaro just a lil 355
1997 Red RS Camaro with a 2000 front clip
1997 Red Z/28 Camaro
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote