Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 AM   #26
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
^EEEeeewwwwe.

I, more than anyone, would LOVE to see a new Chevelle! 1970 SS FTW! ...dazed and confused....loved watching it in that movie.

heck, if i could find one now for a good price (and the place to keep it) I'd take one. ok..w.ell, maybe AFTER I buy the new Camaro!
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #27
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
I don't know, maybe it's best to let the Chevelle lay where she is being known as a BAD ASS MUSCLECAR! I also love the 69 and 70 Chevelle SS's, not so much 71 and 72. The single headlights look too much like the Monte Carlo.

It WOULD be pretty sweet if Chevy could remake it, BUT it would have to come out right. Too many variables..Why not just come out with a new and improved version and name it something else? Why are we so set on reusing the same names?
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #28
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post

What was the donor car that this kit is on? It looks oddly familiar but I just can't think of it.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #29
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
monte ss?
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
What was the donor car that this kit is on? It looks oddly familiar but I just can't think of it.
i think it is a GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
What's next - bring back the Nova?
They screwed the Nova name when they used in on that lame Corolla , I called it a Toylet.......

I would love to see a new Chevelle or even a car called the Chevy II.

The Corvair was too unique and the name was made to fit the design. Handling of a corvette with an Air cooled engine... I don't think GM will go back to the air cooled engine again...

That car posted here just looks out of porportion. Somthing similar but more porportional lines with stying cues for the 70 SS would be nice.

Jinx where are you???

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #31
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Personally id love to see a new GTO.

I know that performance wise the 04-06 GTO's were great cars... but design wise they were so far from their roots that it NEVER held an appeal for me as a GTO. It could have held any name and represented the same car.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #32
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
I think that is a GTO as well...the side of it looks like it the most
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #33
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas, And that red one is a GTO

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...ia/index.shtml

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #34
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY4LF View Post
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas, And that red one is a GTO

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...ia/index.shtml

looks much better then those other shops.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #35
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
To the Chevelle picture concept that looks much like a camaro.. i think it needs to be a "tad bit larger". And just to clarify to the other posters I AM SANE!! and i think a couple of people saw what i was trying to get at... The Impala is sortof gettting tired and old now and all your local police beat cars are either Crown Vics, Impalas or Chargers. (OLD AND TIRED!)

I just think Chevy should rotate their lineup cars I dont see why the Chevelle couldnt pick up where the camaro left off in SEVEN or so YEARS!! lol its 2008, im talking wayyyyy in 2015... maybe beyond. By then i seriously think muscle car demand will have DIED and the Chevelle still HAS a rich history in America. Maybe not as popular as Impala or Camaro but dont tell that to some of the guys i see every sunday night in the chicago suburbs in the summers. The 70 Chevelle SS has to be the best looking OLD Skool by FARRR in my opinion. AND THEY SOUND LIKE HEAVEN.

Maybe it was just a bad idea to spawn the idea on a camaro "SUPER ENTHUSED" forum... but hey i thought we were all CHEVY guys??? And BTW that Caprice concept looks gorgeous.
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #36
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
looks much better then those other shops.
call me crazy but it looks like a CL550 / BMW M6 with a Camaro Chevy Front! ID DRIVE IT!!!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #37
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0
A Chevelle should never look like the Volt. Don't get me wrong, the Volt's awesome, but two different purposes here.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #38
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Besides, that site is actually fanmade.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #39
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept, here is the site with all of GMs new ideas
Just FYI, those aren't official GM design ideas, but ideas put together by a group of dedicated enthusiasts.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #40
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
for the love of god gm dont bring back the chevelle. the chevelle has to stay were it is to keep what its known for. everyone knows what the ss 454 is. mention the ls6 and people are like LoLuMaD!?!? seriously dont bring it back the chevelle. it is one muscle car that was so legandary it shouldnt return, as the revival of it would kill the name, thats imo anways.

quite possible re-introduce the chevy vega. for those that dont know the vega it was a 4cyl camaro hatch. imo one of the coolest cars ever. u could twin turbo a 4cyl and stick it into a shortened lightend, and more manuverable camaro chasis, than make the camaro body short into more of a hatch. keep the front bumper but make it a tad different, same with the side of the car. i think that would be epic. go to any drag strip and watch the chevy vegas dominate.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Ok well GM has already drew up a Chevelle concept,
as others have already said -- that's all "fan-fiction", not GM-designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I just think Chevy should rotate their lineup cars I dont see why the Chevelle couldnt pick up where the camaro left off in SEVEN or so YEARS!! lol its 2008, im talking wayyyyy in 2015... maybe beyond. By then i seriously think muscle car demand will have DIED and the Chevelle still HAS a rich history in America. Maybe not as popular as Impala or Camaro but dont tell that to some of the guys i see every sunday night in the chicago suburbs in the summers. The 70 Chevelle SS has to be the best looking OLD Skool by FARRR in my opinion. AND THEY SOUND LIKE HEAVEN.

Maybe it was just a bad idea to spawn the idea on a camaro "SUPER ENTHUSED" forum... but hey i thought we were all CHEVY guys??? And BTW that Caprice concept looks gorgeous.
It's not that we're for Camaro v. other cars (I mean, we are, but...), you've read a lot of folks on here who say they'd like to see a Chevelle...but not in PLACE of a Camaro...that doesn't make any sense. Especially since they just brought it back.

My issues with this whole idea (keep in mind I love the Chevelle):

#1-- if muscle car demand will have "died" by 2015...why spend all the money to to kill a sports car, and bring back another muscle car?

#2-- where is the Camaro going to leave off? It was around for nearly 40 years before it was cancelled in 2002...are you expecting it to fail?

#3-- if the Chevelle isn't as popular as the Camaro...where's the incentive to replace a relatively high-volume car (Camaro) with a relatively low-volume car (Chevelle)?

remember...I like the Chevelle
Old 10-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

It's not that we're for Camaro v. other cars (I mean, we are, but...), you've read a lot of folks on here who say they'd like to see a Chevelle...but not in PLACE of a Camaro...that doesn't make any sense. Especially since they just brought it back.

#1-- if muscle car demand will have "died" by 2015...why spend all the money to to kill a sports car, and bring back another muscle car?

#2-- where is the Camaro going to leave off? It was around for nearly 40 years before it was cancelled in 2002...are you expecting it to fail?

#3-- if the Chevelle isn't as popular as the Camaro...where's the incentive to replace a relatively high-volume car (Camaro) with a relatively low-volume car (Chevelle)?

YOU SUNK MY CHEVELLE BATTLESHIP
Old 10-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #43
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
GM won't do it because anything that deserves the name will be a gas hog and they have to get their cars to average 35 mpg by 2020. The El Camino would make more sense in this fuel economy climate, it has a greater following than the regular Chevelle does, and since it would be a truck (if the HHR is a truck, so would an el camino), it would help GM bring up their truck average towards the required 27 mpg.

It would be awesome for GM to have the guts to bring out a limited edition Chevelle SS 454 in the middle of ramping up the Cafe laws though.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #44
vintage vic

Drives: achievea
Please NO more mods to the Camaro unless they relate back to truer retro
styling. This new Camaro is pretty ugly to many. Those who don't think so just like anything with the name "Camaro" on it, and style doesn't matter to them mostly.

The retro 'Stang is more true to the original spirit of the mustang, and has been a huge success.
If a Chevelle is re done, then Chevy needs to get its styling act together and dig up some of those old fisher body designers from the 70's even if they're dead, and once again show how its done. Besides they should use the '69 body to do a retro and not the bulkier '70s style. Both the '69 Camaro and Chevelle designs are classics and should be brought back to as original as possible without of course making it easy to re fit original parts on them.
also lets get real: and stop worrying about drag co efeciecny, at 55 mph it really doesn't matter if it cuts 100 % of the the wind. Yea i know in the end you're the road warrior on the street and think you need the best possible edge. You really begin to lose the classic look when everything needs to look like a wedge.

The GTO was a flop because its style was a flop. goat fan base told GM to retro the car and it said "sorry." now look whos sorry: Pontiac hit the dirt for that mistake.
Chevy has to get its head out of Monaro Holden's ass. wipe the slate clean (pun intended?) and start over but with bringing "old school' back to real time.
Sports cars are supposed to be tight in size. having one is a selfish pursuit, and GM has to stop thinking about the family when it designs a sports car.
I'm not saying its got to be tiny either. But the Camaro is too big, and if you want to correct me then correct hundreds of others who think so as well.

There is a retro Mako Vette design floating around the internet, and while this is a cool idea, and actually the concept looks pretty good, Chevy should really be thinking about re doing the 60's 'rays instead. GM keeps dancing around the idea of making an all out kick ass sports car. they need to go back to the old school drawing board. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...itcomputer.gif They would sell 60's sting 'rays off the hook, and never keep up with the demand. As a company on the verge of bankrupcy Chevy, and GM (General Malaise) needs to pull out all stops and quit scrooing around.
They need to get their head out of their asses if they want more success in selling sports cars. Finally they've got to stop sticking huge sticker prices (pun intended) up ours.
vintage vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #45
Zabo
Bowtie to the brim

Drives: '10 R6P 2SS/RS M6, '96 S10 ZR2 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage vic View Post
styling. This new Camaro is pretty ugly to many. Those who don't think so just like anything with the name "Camaro" on it, and style doesn't matter to them mostly.

The retro 'Stang is more true to the original spirit of the mustang, and has been a huge success.
If a Chevelle is re done, then Chevy needs to get its styling act together and dig up some of those old fisher body designers from the 70's even if they're dead, and once again show how its done. Besides they should use the '69 body to do a retro and not the bulkier '70s style. Both the '69 Camaro and Chevelle designs are classics and should be brought back to as original as possible without of course making it easy to re fit original parts on them.
also lets get real: and stop worrying about drag co efeciecny, at 55 mph it really doesn't matter if it cuts 100 % of the the wind. Yea i know in the end you're the road warrior on the street and think you need the best possible edge. You really begin to lose the classic look when everything needs to look like a wedge.

The GTO was a flop because its style was a flop. goat fan base told GM to retro the car and it said "sorry." now look whos sorry: Pontiac hit the dirt for that mistake.
Chevy has to get its head out of Monaro Holden's ass. wipe the slate clean (pun intended?) and start over but with bringing "old school' back to real time.
Sports cars are supposed to be tight in size. having one is a selfish pursuit, and GM has to stop thinking about the family when it designs a sports car.
I'm not saying its got to be tiny either. But the Camaro is too big, and if you want to correct me then correct hundreds of others who think so as well.

There is a retro Mako Vette design floating around the internet, and while this is a cool idea, and actually the concept looks pretty good, Chevy should really be thinking about re doing the 60's 'rays instead. GM keeps dancing around the idea of making an all out kick ass sports car. they need to go back to the old school drawing board. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...itcomputer.gif They would sell 60's sting 'rays off the hook, and never keep up with the demand. As a company on the verge of bankrupcy Chevy, and GM (General Malaise) needs to pull out all stops and quit scrooing around.
They need to get their head out of their asses if they want more success in selling sports cars. Finally they've got to stop sticking huge sticker prices (pun intended) up ours.
First, there's a thing called spell check.

Secondly;

Yeah. There's this thing called the NHTSAA and CAFE.. that's why your camaro is "ugly and a POS." And what the hell are you talking about 'huge sticker prices'? DO you realize what comes in the Camaro stock?

IMO, you don't even appreciate what GM has pulled off in this car. You probably haven't even read about the praise this car has gotten and which clientele has been converted to the Chevy brand.

Go to bed already, and stop necrotizing threads..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #46
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
i would love to see the chevelle come back in 2015 but 1st lets get past 12/21/12

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #47
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I'm all for bringing back the Vega body style...........maybe put an engine in it that would last. Those were less than 2000lbs and stick a V8 in one and watch it fly.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #48
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

GM needs to keep the Camaro. They never should have taken it out of their line-up to begin with. This 5th gen could have been launched in a booming economy...imagine those sales figures. I hope for an even better 6th gen. By the time I can get to one, I'll either be the last person on this site to get a 5th gen or the first to pre-order a 6th gen!!!
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #49
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage vic View Post

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #50
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
I owned a brand new 1967 SS Chevelle, maroon, with red line tires and black interior, it was the most beautiful car I ever owned. I traded it for a 1969 SS Chevelle, butternut yellow but never liked it as much as that 1967.

If GM would bring back a SS Chevelle that looked like a 1967 I would buy one in a "Heart Beat". I grew up on Super Sports and it broke my heart to see what GM did to the SS label over the years. When I was a kid the SS label really meant something, when you rolled down the road in a Super Sport Chevelle there was no doubt you were in one tough, mean machine and everyone took notice.

I love the new SS Camaro and think GM did a pretty nice job with but I still yearn for new modern retro version of my old 1967 Super Sport.

Heck the first Mustang I ever owned was in 2005 when I bought a new Torch Red GT. GM has been out of touch with their customers for a long time, their styling/design teams were the worst in the world but they have finally started to get their act together, thank God, it's about time. Before the new camaro, the GTO and SS Chevrolet models looked like absolute crap.

Best Regards,

Steve

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote