Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #26
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...
 
Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jamestown NC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ahhhhhh, aint speculation, based on rumor, mixed with a bit of fact from related or similar cars grand? Add a little, "I hope, I wish and an occasional Chevy better do XYZ or else" and you have an awesome thread.

LOL! I hadn't intended for that to happen....
__________________
SOLD 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger 6.5lbs, ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe Roto-Fab Intake, Custom Fuel System, Tuned by Me
Drivetrain Mods: Stage 4 Monster Clutch, GForce 300M Race Axles
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #27
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
22" tall tires = SLOW


22" are Too heavy, and you can't get performance tires in that size.

Try again...
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #28
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,716
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
22" tall tires = SLOW
WRONG................. Try again.



Now 22" tall RIMS, yes, I agree. But most tires are gonna be over 22" tall. I believe they will be around 26"
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #29
G8GT4now
 
G8GT4now's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 CTS-V
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
Whats the story behind the RickRoll? I feel for it too.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #30
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ahhhhhh, aint speculation, based on rumor, mixed with a bit of fact from related or similar cars grand? Add a little, "I hope, I wish and an occasional Chevy better do XYZ or else" and you have an awesome thread.

You forgot mention of the obligatory Rick Roll
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #31
flyer08
Tri-County Camaros
 
flyer08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St Pete
Posts: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Whats the story behind the RickRoll? I feel for it too.
Its an internet joke, peolpe think they are going to a website (in this case z28 website) that is listed but are redirected to youtube and proceed to be "rickrolled"
flyer08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
G8GT4now
 
G8GT4now's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 CTS-V
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 420
that probably explains how I end up with viruses on the computer.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You forgot mention of the obligatory Rick Roll
Ha!!! LOL I had some firewall protection that didn't take me to the Roll. I thought it a genuine link to an article.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #34
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,716
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Its an internet joke, peolpe think they are going to a website (in this case z28 website) that is listed but are redirected to youtube and proceed to be "rickrolled"
Well. A REAL RR will lock you browser up.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #35
brandotron
I am the internets.
 
brandotron's Avatar
 
Drives: dangerously
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 12,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well. A REAL RR will lock you browser up.
I'm not a cruel as you
__________________
brandotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
MartiMcFly
 
MartiMcFly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS-RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
IMO - because the current line-up directly matches Ford and Dodge offerings, and the only car left to match is the GT500 and possibly a 6.4L HEMI Challenger next year or the year after. In fact, Camaro has two different driveline combinations for SS, so why stick another model between SS and the LLT? What - we're going to have a car, for example, that runs mid-13s? I don't see that...
Very solid points never had someone explain it this way. My thinking is that the Camaro CAN'T start to compete with the Vette as GM would loose sales to the Camaro based on HP Claims. Iit would be pretty awesome to have a Z28 badge (the unique badge for the camaro) to be on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
The poster you are responding to is probably another SS owner that doesn't want a Z/28 model to have more HP than his SS. Plenty of those people around and for the life of me I don't understand their thinking.
Clyde
*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
Very solid points never had someone explain it this way. My thinking is that the Camaro CAN'T start to compete with the Vette as GM would loose sales to the Camaro based on HP Claims. Iit would be pretty awesome to have a Z28 badge (the unique badge for the camaro) to be on top.



*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
Clyde is hardly a troll. Please remain respectful; he's one of the most, if not THE most, knowledgable people on this site.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #38
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well. A REAL RR will lock you browser up.
yeah, you'd know all about that wouldn't ya, Isabella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
The poster you are responding to is probably another SS owner that doesn't want a Z/28 model to have more HP than his SS. Plenty of those people around and for the life of me I don't understand their thinking.
Clyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
i believe his (and others') point was that looking back at previous generations that had both an SS & Z28, the Super Sport was the more powerful model - more notably with the 69s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
Very solid points never had someone explain it this way. My thinking is that the Camaro CAN'T start to compete with the Vette as GM would loose sales to the Camaro based on HP Claims. Iit would be pretty awesome to have a Z28 badge (the unique badge for the camaro) to be on top.
what about the CTS-V?
it's a vette drivetrain in a sedan & is super-impressive - even more so now than when it first came out. the thing is that it's for a slightly different market of buyers. i believe the Camaro is for a different-enough market than a vette that having a high-performance Z28 could be a viable option.

here's more about the CTS-V vs Z06
http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21700
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #39
MartiMcFly
 
MartiMcFly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS-RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Clyde is hardly a troll. Please remain respectful; he's one of the most, if not THE most, knowledgable people on this site.
Thats fine, I will respect him when he doesn't put words in my mouth. That is him being disrespectful. Street goes both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah, you'd know all about that wouldn't ya, Isabella?


i believe his (and others') point was that looking back at previous generations that had both an SS & Z28, the Super Sport was the more powerful model - more notably with the 69s.
exactly
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #40
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
Thats fine, I will respect him when he doesn't put words in my mouth. That is him being disrespectful. Street goes both ways



exactly
Nobody "put words in your mouth", I commented on your post based on the fact that your info shows you having an SS and that you commented that the Z28 might be mid line model. Many current SS owners have already protested that a new Z/28 might have more power than their SS, your comments sounded like more of the same. There have been enough "hints" from various sources (and they are mentioned all over these forums) that it appears all but certain that a new Z/28 will have 550+HP. Nobody is being disrespectful toward you, I merely commented on a supposition based on what I could see and your comments. It's not like I called you names or said you were a silly twit (or worse), simply discussion on a hot topic.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #41
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah, you'd know all about that wouldn't ya, Isabella?





i believe his (and others') point was that looking back at previous generations that had both an SS & Z28, the Super Sport was the more powerful model - more notably with the 69s.



what about the CTS-V?
it's a vette drivetrain in a sedan & is super-impressive - even more so now than when it first came out. the thing is that it's for a slightly different market of buyers. i believe the Camaro is for a different-enough market than a vette that having a high-performance Z28 could be a viable option.

here's more about the CTS-V vs Z06
http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21700
Most notably in '69 and the rest of the first gen. Camaros, the subject of which models had the most HP is highly debateable. I recently posted about what my experiences were back in the day as well as the experiences of members of the Chevy high performance club I belonged to back in the day. Essentially the SS 350 295/300 HP and 396 325HP was no match for a Z/28, 396 350HP was close, the only real problem for a Z/28 was the 396 375HP. Given the torque created by the big block 396, they were much quicker off the line than most Z/28s and would maintain that lead up to around 70mph, at that point the Z/28 would often move ahead and take the lead, often having a 6-7mph higher trap speed than the 396/375. Taking into account the quarter mile times and trap speeds, it is fairly easy to extrapolate that the Z/28 302cid was producing somewhere in the 350-375HP range. There is an article/website which gives a lot more detail, but when I was there gathering facts a few weeks my computer shut down before I could save it to favorites. When I find it again I'll post the link. So which engine produced the most HP in reality (not the factory ratings)? You also have to look at the HP ratings on the 302cid, that 290HP was for 5,800 RPM, we all know that the 302 was easily capable of 7k RPM right off the showroom and would produce higher HP ratings at that RPM.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #42
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,210
Here is the link to the web site I mentioned, their calculations were that the 302 Z/28 was putting out 380 gross HP.
http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-car...amaro-z28.html

Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #43
MartiMcFly
 
MartiMcFly's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS-RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Nobody "put words in your mouth", I commented on your post based on the fact that your info shows you having an SS and that you commented that the Z28 might be mid line model. Many current SS owners have already protested that a new Z/28 might have more power than their SS, your comments sounded like more of the same. There have been enough "hints" from various sources (and they are mentioned all over these forums) that it appears all but certain that a new Z/28 will have 550+HP. Nobody is being disrespectful toward you, I merely commented on a supposition based on what I could see and your comments. It's not like I called you names or said you were a silly twit (or worse), simply discussion on a hot topic.
Clyde
No harm no foul in my book! Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasoning. Well I don't honestly car if they release a Z/28 badge that has more hp, these are mass production cars. I was just wondering why everyone felt so strongly based on rumors and so and so heard from so and so. Thats all just a simple question.

Edit: Your link isn't loading, failed to open page. I am interested in reading and following up on this.

Last edited by MartiMcFly; 05-29-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Your link will not load
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #44
wildpaws

 
wildpaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 Blazer
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
Edit: Your link isn't loading, failed to open page. I am interested in reading and following up on this.
I just now clicked on the link on the forum and it loaded fine, perhaps an issue with your browser? If more reports of a link issue come up I'll see if we can do a different link.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommended Tire Sizes for 2010 Camaro Nine Ball Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 258 07-18-2014 07:30 AM
Tires loosing pressure joepitt Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 22 12-11-2010 05:00 PM
Tire and wheel sizes Pamaro Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 4 03-11-2010 06:42 PM
Bridgestone RE11 Performance Tire Review Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 4 12-28-2009 10:58 PM
Tire Monitoring System monevz28 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 7 11-22-2009 03:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.