Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #171
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
I'd have to go along with a bit overdone - Hockey & Rally, but it's up to you.

I'm definitely going to be getting SS emblems for the front fenders, and maybe some pinstriping too, possibly on the rear. With the Rally stripes not showing on the rear, it's going to be somewhat plain, could use some dressing up IMO. Actually I was also thinking about using the rear deck panel (between taillights) that will come with the separate center Hood stripe kit, if I can get it in CGM. So far I've seen the color called CGM, gray and silver???
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #172
Boogie832
12-08-08 Arrived 06-02-09
 
Boogie832's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Camaro Richmond5-speed
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bartow FL
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
I'd have to go along with a bit overdone - Hockey & Rally, but it's up to you.

I'm definitely going to be getting SS emblems for the front fenders, and maybe some pinstriping too, possibly on the rear. With the Rally stripes not showing on the rear, it's going to be somewhat plain, could use some dressing up IMO. Actually I was also thinking about using the rear deck panel (between taillights) that will come with the separate center Hood stripe kit, if I can get it in CGM. So far I've seen the color called CGM, gray and silver???
Cyber Gray Metallic is a great choice. A lot of folks are choosing this color.
__________________

Ordered 2SS/RS IOM,12/08/08.
Arrived at Dealer 06-02-09
Brought Home! 06-09-09
Boogie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #173
domano 68
 
domano 68's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE
Posts: 613
[QUOTE=HOTRIDES1;287745]Confirmation on Stripe packages.....They are no longer LPO dealer installed...They are RPO ....installed at the factory.....


Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Black) 92215975 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92215976 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (White) 92215977 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Black) 92225513 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Orange) 92225515 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Silver) 92225517 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92225519 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (White) 92225521 N (now RPO)/QUOTE]

Does this mean that they will extend past the hood and over the spoiler? Also, can I get Rally stripes on a 1SS? Also, what is the difference in LPO and RPO... dealer and factory? TIA!
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #174
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
[QUOTE=domano 68;298831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
Confirmation on Stripe packages.....They are no longer LPO dealer installed...They are RPO ....installed at the factory.....

Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Black) 92215975 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92215976 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (White) 92215977 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Black) 92225513 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Orange) 92225515 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Silver) 92225517 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92225519 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (White) 92225521 N (now RPO)/QUOTE]

Does this mean that they will extend past the hood and over the spoiler? Also, can I get Rally stripes on a 1SS? Also, what is the difference in LPO and RPO... dealer and factory? TIA!

No, stripes will stop on the hood and front side of the rear spoiler.
We have not yet heard if the additional factory installed stripes will also be offered for more trim lines than the 2LT & 2SS. The early March IDL broadcast should, hopefully, answer that question and provide the RPO codes.
RPO - Regular Production Option (ordered with the car in order Workbench and factory installed)
LPO - Limited Production Option (ordered with the car in order Workbench and appearing on the window sticker, but dealer installed)
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #175
domano 68
 
domano 68's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE
Posts: 613
[QUOTE=Rodrunner;300103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domano 68 View Post


No, stripes will stop on the hood and front side of the rear spoiler.
We have not yet heard if the additional factory installed stripes will also be offered for more trim lines than the 2LT & 2SS. The early March IDL broadcast should, hopefully, answer that question and provide the RPO codes.
RPO - Regular Production Option (ordered with the car in order Workbench and factory installed)
LPO - Limited Production Option (ordered with the car in order Workbench and appearing on the window sticker, but dealer installed)
Much thanks!!
domano 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #176
tylermoore
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/LS3 Victory Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: kinston, NC
Posts: 251
That is my car Inferno With grey stripes

IM IN LOVE
__________________
2010 Camaro SS/LS3
1998 Camaro Z28 A4
tylermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #177
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
^^^I think we all are, Tyler.

No problem, Domano.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #178
Badger

 
Badger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
Confirmation on Stripe packages.....They are no longer LPO dealer installed...They are RPO ....installed at the factory.....


Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Black) 92215975 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92215976 N (now RPO)
Bonnet and Hockey Stick Stripe Package (White) 92215977 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Black) 92225513 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Orange) 92225515 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Silver) 92225517 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (Cyber Gray) 92225519 N (now RPO)
Rally Stripe Package (White) 92225521 N (now RPO)
As of 02-19-09 @ 10:45 am....the stripe packages were still an LPO code in GM workbench
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #179
SS 376

 
SS 376's Avatar
 
Drives: IBM 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,970
You know, gold stripes would be kind of cool, at least on Imperial, Black and Red.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #180
mwaussie
MyFirstCamaro!
 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: san rafael, ca
Posts: 7
rally stripes AND hockey stripes

Does anyone else think that rally stripes with hockey stripes would look cool? In my brain it looks awesome but it may be overkill in reality.
mwaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 AM   #181
ZombieEatsYou

 
ZombieEatsYou's Avatar
 
Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Waldorf, Maryland
Posts: 1,277
I think they would, but I think the only way to do that is to buy both packages and have the dealer put on the rally from one package and the hockey's from the other. Throw the solid part of the hockey package away, I guess.
__________________
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #182
Boogie832
12-08-08 Arrived 06-02-09
 
Boogie832's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Camaro Richmond5-speed
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bartow FL
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwaussie View Post
Does anyone else think that rally stripes with hockey stripes would look cool? In my brain it looks awesome but it may be overkill in reality.
I ask this same question. I think it would look good, but as another member said it might be a little to much. I'm looking at possible other options like pinstriping or something a little less then the wide hockey stripes, although I haven't ruled out the hockey stripes just yet. But, for sure something needs to be there for accent...........still thinking.........
__________________

Ordered 2SS/RS IOM,12/08/08.
Arrived at Dealer 06-02-09
Brought Home! 06-09-09
Boogie832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #183
dbotsfordtat
 
dbotsfordtat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omahell, Nebraska
Posts: 499
Somewhere in this thread dealer application was mentioned and I know a few members thought it was no big deal. I believe this may be a non issue now because I think all stripes are factory installed at this point, but to make a point we recently had a dealer installed stripe package added to our 2008 Corvette and it was a nightmare. The dealer ended up sending the car to a contractor after attempting to install themselves. Two days later we got the car back and the dealer had to eat six hundred dollars for labor charges from the contractor. There is definitely an art to installing stripes and window film properly and I am grateful the factory will be doing mine.
__________________
D.R.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #184
JPoole954
 
Drives: Multiple F bodies
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Posts: 10
There all just so damn good looking its hard to pick one
JPoole954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #185
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 14 Chevy Spark 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I think they would, but I think the only way to do that is to buy both packages and have the dealer put on the rally from one package and the hockey's from the other. Throw the solid part of the hockey package away, I guess.
You can get the hockey stripe without the hood stripe from GMPP.... I don;t know about from the factory though.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #186
3 SS's


 
3 SS's's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevelle SS's
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: outta my mind
Posts: 2,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
Confirmation on Stripe packages.....They are no longer LPO dealer installed...They are RPO ....installed at the factory.....

Is this confirmed yet ???
__________________
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #187
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebJr View Post
Is this confirmed yet ???
No.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stripe Style jack24 Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 5 10-19-2008 10:41 PM
FULL CAMARO PRICING: LS = $22,995 (base) / SS = $30,995 (base) (MSRP) ChevyMR Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 729 10-14-2008 08:55 PM
ording with DEALERS THAT KNOW NOTHING mrpre10der Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 9 10-14-2008 02:43 PM
Stripe Packages thecamaroguy Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 1 08-29-2008 05:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.