Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
Prospective Buyer
 
Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 270
Is this a good deal? EDIT -No, it's not.

I've been searching for Camaros everday now, yea I have a problem so what? So anyways I found this one and was wondering if the miles were a problem? If I am going to get an SS then used it the way to go then.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Thanks for the responses guys, I just didn't really check this out. I've found a bunch more with lower miles and lower prices.

Last edited by Prospective Buyer; 06-24-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
RS1017
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
I've been searching for Camaros everday now, yea I have a problem so what? So anyways I found this one and was wondering if the miles were a problem? If I am going to get an SS then used it the way to go then.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
I would try to bring that price down a bit more

but it seems like a good deal to me!

edit: 27k miles is almost nothing btw
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Prospective Buyer
 
Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1017 View Post
I would try to bring that price down a bit more

but it seems like a good deal to me!

edit: 27k miles is almost nothing btw
How much do you think we could bring it down? BTW, I'd let my uncle do all the talking. He is great with that kind of stuff. He gets one the phone and lowers the prices down between two different dealerships right infront of the salesmen. But he drives a Pilot so
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
RS1017
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
How much do you think we could bring it down? BTW, I'd let my uncle do all the talking. He is great with that kind of stuff. He gets one the phone and lowers the prices down between two different dealerships right infront of the salesmen. But he drives a Pilot so
i dont know to be honest. when i go car shopping i walk in with a ton of research and even then sometimes they wont budge.

i mean it really depends on how good you guys can haggle. thats one thing i hate about car shopping..everyone is always trying to screw you..and if you dont want to get screwed then you have to be an ass.
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Purdue2011SS
Boiler Up!! POTFH
 
Purdue2011SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 582
seems like a ok deal, but not steller

i say if u can get it for $28k or less then it might be worth it
__________________
Purdue2011SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #7
RS1017
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!
this.

i buy all my cars new. but, you really cant beat a deal on a used car. you save a ton of money
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Bobbyosto
 
Bobbyosto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 284
You must be kidding. Look at that car, the front wheels have a ton of brake dust, looks like it's been beat up. Please look elsewhere it's not a good deal.
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
Cristoff
 
Cristoff's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1017 View Post
i dont know to be honest. when i go car shopping i walk in with a ton of research and even then sometimes they wont budge.

i mean it really depends on how good you guys can haggle. thats one thing i hate about car shopping..everyone is always trying to screw you..and if you dont want to get screwed then you have to be an ass.

Completely untrue statement.
__________________
Yes, this is my Camaro parked in front of the Infiniti Dealership that I run. No, my boss is not happy...
Cristoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Prospective Buyer
 
Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyosto View Post
You must be kidding. Look at that car, the front wheels have a ton of brake dust, looks like it's been beat up. Please look elsewhere it's not a good deal.
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
RS1017
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
Completely untrue statement.
if you say so. when i bought my car the salesman literally lied to my face concerning a rebate, and when i pulled it up on my phone and stuck it in his face he recanted almost immediatly.

however, thats not to say that there arent non jackass salesman out there. im sure there are some that dont try to screw you off the bat. ive never encountered one though
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.

that much mileage in such a short time is a big draw back to me, but if your mechanically inclined then it might make sense to you. Me personally I wouldn't let the urge to get an SS blind me to the wear and tear on it.
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1017 View Post
this.

i buy all my cars new. but, you really cant beat a deal on a used car. you save a ton of money

I usually buy new also, the only way I could afford it "NOW" was to shop around for a deal and going as far as I could to make it happen. 3000 on a car is nothing really, and to me it was as good as new with most of it's warrenty in tact. best car I have ever owned!
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
RS1017
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I usually buy new also, the only way I could afford it "NOW" was to shop around for a deal and going as far as I could to make it happen. 3000 on a car is nothing really, and to me it was as good as new with most of it's warrenty in tact. best car I have ever owned!
yeah usually when the dealer has one lying around with like 2-5k miles on it they are also more likely to drop the price a bit than they would with a brand new one. i bought a tahoe a couple years back..had 3k miles on it(demo) and i got like 5kish off sticker.
RS1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
oldfriend


 
oldfriend's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32*38' 49N. 16*55'42W
Posts: 7,073
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I personally wouldn't buy a car with that high of mileage but it should have plenty of good years a head for it. Found my 1LT on autotrader with 3K miles and got it for about 7K less than new ones were going for at local dealers. there are good deals out there, you just gotta be willing to search daily and be willing to travel a couple hours if need be to get what you want at a moments notice! drove two hours on a saturday morning after working a 12 hour shift on friday to get mine, small price to pay!
7K for two hours driving plus lets say 1 hour to close the deal , i don't know anyone that makes that kind a money /hour not even my lawyer [thank Good ] you did well!!!
__________________
2010 BLK 2SS RS IO
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
7K for two hours driving plus lets say 1 hour to close the deal , i don't know anyone that makes that kind a money /hour not even my lawyer [thank Good ] you did well!!!
actually the negotiations started in mid febuary when I knew thay had been sitting on the car since early december, did most of it via email for about a month, then a marathon session of 6 hours at the dealer. Took a while but I wore them out
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
Prospective Buyer
 
Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 270
At what point do you think a dealer would say enough and not move the price? How do they usually say it?
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!
 
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY's Avatar
 
Drives: SOLD
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,314
So if op gets this SS with 28k miles on, he still has remainder of the 60k mile warranty?
__________________
5% Tint, K&N AirCharger, Flowmaster American Thunder A/B with 5" Tips, Light Wurkz Orion V2 Halo's, Matte Black Rally Stripes, VR Interior Trim,Viper SmartStart
TEAM LLT
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
Bobbyosto
 
Bobbyosto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 284
Comes new with 3/36 bumper to bumper, 5/100k power train if there are no mods on the car to cancel all that.
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #20
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
At what point do you think a dealer would say enough and not move the price? How do they usually say it?

they will probably tell you that the next guy that comes around will pay that price, you are at a little bit of a disadvantage. it's summer and they know another fella hell bent on getting a 1SS will be just around the corner. In my situation I knew they had it setting in there show room for three months while we were having the worst winter in the last 25 years. I knew they weren't moving that thing till the gobs of snow was going away, so I kept chipping away, I knew there inventory of new SS's was going up and I figured it was a matter of time til they slashed the price. and I didn't waste time getting there when they did. I would suggest buying later in the year for obvious reasons, especially in the north east. and keep scimming Autotrader, it's a great resourse. and don't be scared to open some dialogue with salesmen. worked for me!
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #21
Prospective Buyer
 
Drives: Acura TL Acura MDX
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
they will probably tell you that the next guy that comes around will pay that price, you are at a little bit of a disadvantage. it's summer and they know another fella hell bent on getting a 1SS will be just around the corner. In my situation I knew they had it setting in there show room for three months while we were having the worst winter in the last 25 years. I knew they weren't moving that thing till the gobs of snow was going away, so I kept chipping away, I knew there inventory of new SS's was going up and I figured it was a matter of time til they slashed the price. and I didn't waste time getting there when they did. I would suggest buying later in the year for obvious reasons, especially in the north east. and keep scimming Autotrader, it's a great resourse. and don't be scared to open some dialogue with salesmen. worked for me!
So you think going in during the winter, actually right before a snow storm would work?
Prospective Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #22
jshaf


 
jshaf's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Masontown, WV
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
So you think going in during the winter, actually right before a snow storm would work?
no/maybe, if they over stock and have a bad winter and have to sit on them for a while they might have to cut a deal. this only works IF you have a bad winter and maybe a dumb dealer. I had a lot of things work to my advantage. for instance the car I bought was used and they probably aren't going to do a dealer trade with it like you might with a new model. then it is winter and sports cars don't sale during a bad winter. also the fact that the next model would come out in three months probably played a factor also. they Put stripes on it at one point and that kind of signaled to me that they were trying to spruce it up and trying to move it. I just waited and thanks to the horrendous winter no one else jumped the gun and in the end I probably got lucky. of course I was persistant but that would all have been for not had someone else jumped in. actually I was watching a black one that was 2K more at the same time and talking with the saleman at a different dealer. Someone snagged it. and there was another I was also following and that one also fell throu. I could have easily been left out in the cold but it worked out for me.

Good luck to you, it aint easy
__________________
jshaf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:37 AM   #23
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra
 
REDXIIIDave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospective Buyer View Post
I just figured I'd wash it off This one intrigued me because it's an 1SS no? So I was wondering how it got the leather.

Where in the ad does it say 1SS? It says SS with leather, etc. It's a 2SS. Still not a good deal.
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good deal ?? GreenMonster Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 7 11-01-2011 11:33 AM
Is this a good deal???? doug321 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 24 11-14-2010 05:43 PM
WTB PCV Oil Catch Can new or used (good deal) Kocapuff V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment 2 11-03-2010 05:23 PM
Good deal or not? ctSS Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 12 10-10-2010 12:07 AM
Good deal? gelboy1015 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 05-12-2010 12:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.