Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #2701
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So I'm going to get my stripes painted on and front fascia re-painted and my rocker panel redone today and this weekend.

I have decided to just have him paint the stripes solid and add lettering with vinyl. This way I can change it later if I want to and it will still look great.

I will start with Russ's idea.

PQ 1 - GTA 0

We have a winner!

__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #2702
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,725
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Check it out... looks like a big worm wearing a turtle neck sweater

I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
We have a winner!

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #2703
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Did you get you wheels ordered yet?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #2704
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
NORM!!! We've missed you!!!

Yep, he ordered the wheels. The lastest PQ funfest has involved cutouts.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #2705
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
NORM!!! We've missed you!!!

Yep, he ordered the wheels. The lastest PQ funfest has involved cutouts.
I missed getting on here as well and shootin' the bull. Been a loooong past couple of weeks. Trying to get caught up on all these mods!!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #2706
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I missed getting on here as well and shootin' the bull. Been a loooong past couple of weeks. Trying to get caught up on all these mods!!
Good to see you back, santa claws
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #2707
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Paint project went off without a hitch.

Randy is on the way back to MOOBeeeeeeeuhl!

Car looks great, Randy needs to wet sand the front fascia and then polish it.

Rocker panel
painted hood spears
repaired fron fascia

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #2708
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Paint project went off without a hitch.

Randy is on the way back to MOOBeeeeeeeuhl!

Car looks great, Randy needs to wet sand the front fascia and then polish it.

Rocker panel
painted hood spears
repaired fron fascia

__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #2709
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Did he have an accident?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #2710
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Did he have an accident?
I think Bonnie found a curb at Mardis Gras and a rocker panel got a boo boo.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #2711
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Did he have an accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think Bonnie found a curb at Mardis Gras and a rocker panel got a boo boo.
Rocker had some road rash like Em said,

He wanted to paint the hood spears on so they matched the heritage grille a bit better, and his front fascia as pretty well covered in rock chips... Like bad.

Even the painter was surprised at how bad the front fascia was... we originally thought it just needed to be cut and cleared... but he decided to prime paint and re-clear. Looks good now but still has some orange peal that randy needs to knock down.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #2712
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
I got a good look at my front fascia after getting the new one. Another plus for SIM. It hides A LOT of damage. Up close it looks like a shotgun blast of chips and nicks. Rockers looked the same.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #2713
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,725
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Yup. Like Chris said.

Gotta do some wet sanding and polishing on the stripes and the front fascia.

Just got home. Going to bowling league now.

Didn't really get any pics.

Just a couple. Chris got to see how easy it is to get Savini wheels to break loose going from second to 3rd.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #2714
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,573
was that when you decided to go to third, or did you let your car think for you?
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #2715
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,725
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
was that when you decided to go to third, or did you let your car think for you?


I wasn't driving.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #2716
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,573
so you were riding... because you have an automatic
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2717
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,725
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
so you were riding... because you have an automatic
Nope. Chris just said he wanted to drive my car badly. Told me not to tell anyone.

The satisfaction in him was actually kind of scary.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #2718
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Nope. Chris just said he wanted to drive my car badly. Told me not to tell anyone.

The satisfaction in him was actually kind of scary.



I've driven PQ's car before... but I was surprised at how much more sketchy is is than mine... essentially we make the same power and have the same suspension, save the auto and 22's we are pretty close.

Usually, in my car on a when I romp on it from a roll, I'll bet em spinning, get off the gas, get straight, get back on the gas and I'm good to go, under control and pulling...

In Randy's car we slowed to a stop, made a uturn and when I was just about pointed in the right direction I jumped on it. Tires instantly came lose, and I was through my lane into the painted median (road was clear but we had some oncoming traffic headed our way) I jumped off the gas made a quick steering wheel correction and jumped on it again... No luck, tires came lose and I was too chicken to make another steering wheel input to move the car to the right and back into the lane of travel... I just had no clue what it was going to do so I didn't risk it a third time. I just coasted into the lane I was supposed to be in and then romped on it again. This time they came lose but in a straight line. And like Randy said, it wiggled again on 2-3 up shift... It just doesn't feel anywhere near as predictable as my car does even on the stock wheels and tires...... The power delivery is much smother than in my car so you get split second where you think all is well... then next thing you know you're bouncing off the rev limiter and working the wheel like a child on a kiddy ride...



I think Randy is going to really love his new wheels and tires.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2719
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,861
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Paint project went off without a hitch.

Randy is on the way back to MOOBeeeeeeeuhl!

Car looks great, Randy needs to wet sand the front fascia and then polish it.

Rocker panel
painted hood spears
repaired fron fascia

wait... Randy's going to wetsand the car?


am I the only one concerned that it may turn out like this?




Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post



I've driven PQ's car before... but I was surprised at how much more sketchy is is than mine... essentially we make the same power and have the same suspension, save the auto and 22's we are pretty close.

Usually, in my car on a when I romp on it from a roll, I'll bet em spinning, get off the gas, get straight, get back on the gas and I'm good to go, under control and pulling...

In Randy's car we slowed to a stop, made a uturn and when I was just about pointed in the right direction I jumped on it. Tires instantly came lose, and I was through my lane into the painted median (road was clear but we had some oncoming traffic headed our way) I jumped off the gas made a quick steering wheel correction and jumped on it again... No luck, tires came lose and I was too chicken to make another steering wheel input to move the car to the right and back into the lane of travel... I just had no clue what it was going to do so I didn't risk it a third time. I just coasted into the lane I was supposed to be in and then romped on it again. This time they came lose but in a straight line. And like Randy said, it wiggled again on 2-3 up shift... It just doesn't feel anywhere near as predictable as my car does even on the stock wheels and tires...... The power delivery is much smother than in my car so you get split second where you think all is well... then next thing you know you're bouncing off the rev limiter and working the wheel like a child on a kiddy ride...



I think Randy is going to really love his new wheels and tires.








so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #2720
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2721
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #2722
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wait... Randy's going to wetsand the car?


am I the only one concerned that it may turn out like this?


I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2723
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #2724
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
has randy done wet sanding before? (I mean successfully)
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #2725
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.