Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #3701
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 11,613
You had me at the "Bent Fork."

Massive sexy lookin now that they are installed! Great detailed write up to!

Where and to whom do we make this check out to again? LOL

Thanks again Randy, they look killer sir!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #3702
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
You had me at the "Bent Fork."

Massive sexy lookin now that they are installed! Great detailed write up to!

Where and to whom do we make this check out to again? LOL

Thanks again Randy, they look killer sir!
Ivan
Is there and option for getting them without the sticky backing? I think it's the white backing that makes the lights so dim. I have a safe adhesive that I could use instead. really hard to see the lights in the daylight.

But they look great.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #3703
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Southwestspeed.net

 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 11,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Is there and option for getting them without the sticky backing? I think it's the white backing that makes the lights so dim. I have a safe adhesive that I could use instead. really hard to see the lights in the daylight.

But they look great.
I'm sure that we could have him remove the sticky piece. I think that the white still stays on there however. The adhesive portion was made in clear. I actually took a spare (old protoype) set apart to see how many layers there were.

The white piece seems to give it the rigidity to stand up. I reckon removing the white portion and then having the adhesive do directly on the colored piece might work too. Just don't know how it would stand up over time. ??

I'll shoot him a call now and see what he thinks about trying a set out like that.

Agreed, the lights in the daytime aren't as bright at all. I used to drive around with the interior lights on the dimmest settings, now I have to turn it up a little to see.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #3704
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
I'm sure that we could have him remove the sticky piece. I think that the white still stays on there however. The adhesive portion was made in clear. I actually took a spare (old protoype) set apart to see how many layers there were.

The white piece seems to give it the rigidity to stand up. I reckon removing the white portion and then having the adhesive do directly on the colored piece might work too. Just don't know how it would stand up over time. ??

I'll shoot him a call now and see what he thinks about trying a set out like that.

Agreed, the lights in the daytime aren't as bright at all. I used to drive around with the interior lights on the dimmest settings, now I have to turn it up a little to see.
The dic gives all the same warnings but things like cruise being on and traction control I'd like to see better.

I can't wait till next time someone asks me how fast it is. I can say I had the speedometer to 190.

But,ya, if you could ask him. I'll find a way to put it on without the white. The white not being on back MIGHT change the actual color of the piece. If so I'll find something really thin to go on back.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #3705
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
PQ:
Sent a note to IPS about the windshield. I should know on Monday if the glass shop still has it. They should. I have a spare rear window too!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #3706
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
PQ:
Sent a note to IPS about the windshield. I should know on Monday if the glass shop still has it. They should. I have a spare rear window too!
Got it down to 380.00 installed.

Logistics would have to be the big factor. It's adds 6 hours approx to my trip not counting install to go to columbus. Factoring in gas and install and the price you give me it might be beneficial for me to just have it done here.

Emma, you rock. Thank you a ton for the offer. I hope I am not seeming ungrateful at your offer. Just trying to reconcile the best way all around for me.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #3707
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Got it down to 380.00 installed.

Logistics would have to be the big factor. It's adds 6 hours approx to my trip not counting install to go to columbus. Factoring in gas and install and the price you give me it might be beneficial for me to just have it done here.

Emma, you rock. Thank you a ton for the offer. I hope I am not seeming ungrateful at your offer. Just trying to reconcile the best way all around for me.
I totally understand. Hope it all works out for you.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #3708
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,693
Brian's response in regards to the lights being dimmer

Quote:
It might be slightly dimmer but since its only going through one thin layer you shouldn't have any problems, I don't have a 5th gen locally that I can test on but I did the same style overlay for the Dale Earnhardt edition camaros and they were being sold through the dealer fully warranted and everything so everything should work fine.

Thanks,
Brian Deeney
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #3709
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Here are a few pics I just went out and took.

The first one I was blocking the sun to shade the gauges and took it closer.

The lights that are ON in these pics are Seatbelt, Cruise Control, Stabilitrac, Traction Control and BRAKE.

The second was just as the driver sees and taken a tad closer that the driver sees.

Name:  DSC00082.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  232.1 KB

Name:  DSC00083.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  245.2 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #3710
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
And don't get me wrong. I love this product. I just need to find a way to get these lights to shine. Not a deal breaker right now. I gotta ride with them and see how it goes.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #3711
vafinest25
 
vafinest25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS "Orange Crush"
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Weisbaden Germany
Posts: 606
PQ nice right up, but how hard was this project on a scale of 1-10. I'm about a 4/5 when it comes to this stuff but I can follow pics and instructiona


" When your ready to quit, your 1/2 way there"
__________________
" Drive It Like You Stole It "
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC
vafinest25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #3712
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafinest25 View Post
PQ nice right up, but how hard was this project on a scale of 1-10. I'm about a 4/5 when it comes to this stuff but I can follow pics and instructiona


" When your ready to quit, your 1/2 way there"
Honestly, with my instruction it should be about a 3 if 10 is the hardest.

ONLY reason I go as high as 2 is because of the needles. If you make or find a tool like I did with the fork you won't have any problem.

The first time I put it back together when I realized I had the needles wrong I literally took it back apart and took pics and put it back together in 15 minutes.

The 4 pack gauges I'd give a 3.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #3713
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Randy:
If you are serious that you'd install them at the fest for me, then I'll order them...

Oh, and bring your special fork!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #3714
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Randy:
If you are serious that you'd install them at the fest for me, then I'll order them...

Oh, and bring your special fork!
Hell ya. I'll do it. I'll bring everything I need.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #3715
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Again, I still love these things but just so I don't get hate PMs.



__________________

Last edited by PQ; 07-13-2012 at 08:50 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #3716
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,554
Randy, you are so awesome.............I understand that your videos were a disclaimer that you're not exactly 100% certain how people will feel about not being able to see the lights.............good job!
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #3717
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
PQ:
I ordered my gauge faces today. Be sure to bring your special fork to the Fest!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #3718
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Randy, you are so awesome.............I understand that your videos were a disclaimer that you're not exactly 100% certain how people will feel about not being able to see the lights.............good job!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
PQ:
I ordered my gauge faces today. Be sure to bring your special fork to the Fest!
I'll have it with me.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #3719
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok.

In the ongoing piece-mealing of my car going together I have just purchased my remaining suspension component I've been wanting.

(everyone is making the last push to get their beasts in on the top shelf and I'm treading water lmao)

So I got my front SuperCars and will be putting them and an alignment kit, (both Pedders of Course) and an upgraded tensioner and pulley on the car this weekend.

I finally got a data logger that is freaking awesome and easy and cheap. Might not be great for some of you guys and gal with the monster builds but this thing is absolutely as advertised.

Video with the road AND the gauges on the screen, dattalog, scan, clear codes and all from your smart phone with perfectly accurate and quick and easy to use results.

BUT, first things first. .........................

Name:  20120720_203138.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  302.0 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #3720
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,137
No blood and no hammers this time, ok?
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #3721
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,760
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #3722
BamaRS
 
BamaRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 black rs
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 35
mmmmm nice
BamaRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #3723
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,719
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
No blood and no hammers this time, ok?
Awe maaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaRS View Post
mmmmm nice
All still quiet?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #3724
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,137
Are they in yet or are you taking the GTA a.k.a. Tran elephant gestation installation cycle?

__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #3725
CamaroKid300
ace5.org
 
CamaroKid300's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: McDonough, Georgia--Auburn, AL
Posts: 5,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok.

In the ongoing piece-mealing of my car going together I have just purchased my remaining suspension component I've been wanting.

(everyone is making the last push to get their beasts in on the top shelf and I'm treading water lmao)

So I got my front SuperCars and will be putting them and an alignment kit, (both Pedders of Course) and an upgraded tensioner and pulley on the car this weekend.

I finally got a data logger that is freaking awesome and easy and cheap. Might not be great for some of you guys and gal with the monster builds but this thing is absolutely as advertised.

Video with the road AND the gauges on the screen, dattalog, scan, clear codes and all from your smart phone with perfectly accurate and quick and easy to use results.

BUT, first things first. .........................

Attachment 400500
more info on this data logger plz!
__________________
NightOwl RGB Halos, Kooks 1-7/8 LT Headers, Catless Midpipes, Borla ATAK Catback, 35% Tint, Vinyl Gill Blackouts, RX Catch Can, Skip Shift Eliminator, Devil Tail Side Stripes, Front Lip Blackout, Dual Color Bowties, Ghosted Sidemarkers,
Exhaust Video (Manifolds) Exhaust Video (Headers) White Lightning
A.C.E.5.
420 RWHP/422 RWTQ
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.