Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #2840
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I am glad your wheel issues are resolved just so sorry you took a beating on them...such a shame that they wouldn't make it right....but I know the feeling. But the good thing is that you will get better performance out of your new wheels.
Just keep your fingers away from them. All 8 goodins' that is.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #2841
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ



Name:  20120320_095803.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  328.1 KB





Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
can't you go see for your self?
As an admin I guess I can. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Just saw you got your wheels sold. Have your Forgelines come in or are you on jackstands?
Name:  20120319_172614.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  407.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I am glad your wheel issues are resolved just so sorry you took a beating on them...such a shame that they wouldn't make it right....but I know the feeling. But the good thing is that you will get better performance out of your new wheels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
YAY! The anchors are history! I'm so happy for you...

Once the new Forgelines are on the car you'll wonder why you waited so long. Good times ahead!
I believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Just keep your fingers away from them. All 8 goodins' that is.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #2842
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
And once again... PQ's car sits upon jack stands...

I think this thread has more pics of a Camaro on jack stands than any other thread in the forums...

You should take a video the first time you drive on the Forgelines... what a difference. You'll be able to use your power a lot better!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #2843
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post



Attachment 349068





As an admin I guess I can. LOL

Attachment 349067



I believe so.


I've got a new desktop background...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
And once again... PQ's car sits upon jack stands...

I think this thread has more pics of a Camaro on jack stands than any other thread in the forums...

You should take a video the first time you drive on the Forgelines... what a difference. You'll be able to use your power a lot better!
you do realize that the jackstand is the camaro's natural winter hibernation point...lol
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #2844
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
And once again... PQ's car sits upon jack stands...

I think this thread has more pics of a Camaro on jack stands than any other thread in the forums...
Well, I am in Alabama with a Camaro.

It's true though. These wheels have been an utter failure of a purchase.

From the early vibrations to the paint to the air leaks. But even after all of that the reason I'm selling them is for performance.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #2845
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I've got a new desktop background...lol
I think I do too. hahaha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #2846
Redemption
Just Because!
 
Redemption's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 6,909
Hello, you're sleeping outside.

Lolololol


Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
__________________
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #2847
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518
yay...ish!

forgelines are coming with R888s, right?!
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #2848
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Hello, you're sleeping outside.

Lolololol


Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yay...ish!

forgelines are coming with R888s, right?!
Nitto NTO5s
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #2849
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518
that works, too!
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #2850
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
that works, too!
I didn't end up with a balanced set-up. Forgeline had limitations. I was going to have to get only the one series wheel. Stepped lip and none of them appealed to me at all. The front lip was going to be a little deeper than the rear which would have been fine but they just didn't want to do but the one type. I ended up going with basically the same as the ZL1. 11 wide rear 10 wide front. Only tires that can go on that balanced set were going to run 2200.00 for tires. I'm just not a good enough driver to justify that.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #2851
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518
i know the feeling... to have 18s all around on my car, it limited my tire options - and the sizes i wanted narrowed it down to like 2 choices for a 275 & 305... both of which are R-compounds. i ended up having to go with 265 & 295 just to get more than 10k mi out of my tires.

these INVOs are pretty good so far, but i think i'm just gonna take the hit next time around & get the 555R2s or 888s. the Z06 sizes are just too short for me.
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #2852
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i know the feeling... to have 18s all around on my car, it limited my tire options - and the sizes i wanted narrowed it down to like 2 choices for a 275 & 305... both of which are R-compounds. i ended up having to go with 265 & 295 just to get more than 10k mi out of my tires.

these INVOs are pretty good so far, but i think i'm just gonna take the hit next time around & get the 555R2s or 888s. the Z06 sizes are just too short for me.
Well, I'm doing 275s and 315s this time but next time I may go ahead and do the 285, 305 combo of the ZL1 with the same tires. Just way too much to spend on it right now as I buy the new wheels too.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #2853
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i know the feeling... to have 18s all around on my car, it limited my tire options - and the sizes i wanted narrowed it down to like 2 choices for a 275 & 305... both of which are R-compounds. i ended up having to go with 265 & 295 just to get more than 10k mi out of my tires.

these INVOs are pretty good so far, but i think i'm just gonna take the hit next time around & get the 555R2s or 888s. the Z06 sizes are just too short for me.
not to thread jack... but what tires are you running? and how much did you pay for them? only 10k from your tires? how often are you racing?

and why couldnt you go with a 275 up front? (I did... running an offset C5 Z06 17 front/18 rear wheel combo with bfgoodrich g-force T/A KDW's) 275/40/17 front and 295/35/18 rear.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #2854
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
not to thread jack... but


Build threads are post whore threads with partial cars stuff.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #2855
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"
 
bi11ymc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 708
The first time I saw your wheels I fell in love with them. I built them over and over on Savini's web site and finally had Nineball price me a full set tires and all shipped ready to install. The price suprised me a little and I did not pull the trigger. I later saw the thread about the issues everyone was having with them and was glad I did not buy a set.

I love my Cor Forged but nothing is a nice looking as those Savinis.

Bill
__________________
Silver Street - 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, SIM, Gray, Cyber Gray Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Automatic (L99) - 553 RWHP/510 RWTQ

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #2856
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPQ View Post
Well, I'm doing 275s and 315s this time but next time I may go ahead and do the 285, 305 combo of the ZL1 with the same tires. Just way too much to spend on it right now as I buy the new wheels too.
yeah... decisions, decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
not to thread jack... but what tires are you running? and how much did you pay for them? only 10k from your tires? how often are you racing?

and why couldnt you go with a 275 up front? (I did... running an offset C5 Z06 17 front/18 rear wheel combo with bfgoodrich g-force T/A KDW's) 275/40/17 front and 295/35/18 rear.
it was right about a grand to my door (with replacement vouchers) for a set of Nitto INVOs: 265/35-18 & 295/35-18. i went with these to hopefully get 20k+ out of them. they're 260TW instead of 100. the bad thing is that they're 1/2" shorter than stock sizes - lowering the car another 1/4" what i wanted to run was a 275/35, 305/35 setup... but the only matched sets i could find were the 555R2s & 888s (the 305 on an 18" rim being the limiting factor with other tires). those are the stock heights/stagger - just wider (and they fill out the wheel wells better - especially the rear).

hopefully next time around, i can afford to have some better options (maybe including race wheels)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRPQ View Post


Build threads are post whore threads with partial cars stuff.
have you seen Speedster's & Joe's threads?!
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.