Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #2908
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hey, I'm on your side! Those are great stories. I mean, how to's.... yeah that's the word.

And I do have a welder and good intentions.... wanna burn, er, weld something?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post

ahhh.... and?
Well they should go on right ways. Not backward.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2909
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. LOL

For the record.

The Savini wheels were screwed up and though I fubared my finger I did actually prove the wheel problem.

It was my initial fuse pull that broke it wide open.

I was in fact able to demonstrate that rubbing compound swirls can be repaired with Adams polished and the porter-cable.

It was a joint decision by me and Chris to use the Borla 'felt' gaskets on my headers.

It was in fact the felt gaskets that was the problem and NOT the supercharger install.

The orange hoses worked just fine and ended up NOT being the problem. (but was confirmed that they WOULD have been later) HOWEVER, I got them just for the install because nobody had the sizes I needed. I only used them while I waited for the right ones to get here from Magnuson.

The different cut-outs were an attempt to use what was recommended but nobody here in Mobile would do. And I have no welder. Or welding skillz for that matter.

All of the broken stuff is a product of me driving the hell out of my car. And I fixed it all myself.

The keys locked in the car was not my fault using Han-Solos reasoning. It was an eventual succesful attempt to diagnose a drive shaft failure and fix it.

OMG................ I could go on.................... Geez, these last few years with my car have been pretty busy.

Damn, I am a trainwreck sometimes. LOL
Aren't we all.... Like Spike said, we just don't air the dirty laundry... We drink a beer, cuss a bit, and laugh like hell when others ask...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #2910
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm shameless.

Plus, I like to share my pain. You guys make me feel much better about it. In your own ways.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #2911
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm shameless.

Plus, I like to share my pain. You guys make me feel much better about it. In your own ways.
Nothing wrong with learning from our mistakes, nothing at all, we all make them. Your wonderful attitude and fun with it make everyone else feel your pain.

I love sitting at the bar with 'the guys' telling stories, and nothing is better than starting out with "...I know this guy on the camaro forum, and you won't believe this....".
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #2912
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Nothing wrong with learning from our mistakes, nothing at all, we all make them. Your wonderful attitude and fun with it make everyone else feel your pain.

I love sitting at the bar with 'the guys' telling stories, and nothing is better than starting out with "...I know this guy on the camaro forum, and you won't believe this....".
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #2913
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. LOL


It was a joint decision by me and Chris to use the Borla 'felt' gaskets on my headers.


OH YOU DIRTY LITTLE MF'R

I believe I said that we should try the stock gaskets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm shameless.
Yes you are see above...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Nothing wrong with learning from our mistakes, nothing at all, we all make them. Your wonderful attitude and fun with it make everyone else feel your pain.

I love sitting at the bar with 'the guys' telling stories, and nothing is better than starting out with "...I know this guy on the camaro forum, and you won't believe this....".
I see what you did there.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #2914
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Hey, I'm on your side! Those are great stories. I mean, how to's.... yeah that's the word.

And I do have a welder and good intentions.... wanna burn, er, weld something?
burning is welding...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


Well they should go on right ways. Not backward.
what about the left side? should they go on left ways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Aren't we all.... Like Spike said, we just don't air the dirty laundry... We drink a beer, cuss a bit, and laugh like hell when others ask...
you guys wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've torn up along the way to where I am right now...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm shameless.

Plus, I like to share my pain. You guys make me feel much better about it. In your own ways.
the only pain I feel is the pain from ing so much...lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post


OH YOU DIRTY LITTLE MF'R

I believe I said that we should try the stock gaskets...
you should have felt the gaskets before you stock them in there
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #2915
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282


You know, it's hard to believe the exhaust deal was almost a year ago. Time goes fast.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #2916
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post


OH YOU DIRTY LITTLE MF'R

I believe I said that we should try the stock gaskets...
You can type it out.

Mother ****er

We had it added to the auto sensor list.

And YOU mentioned that we better go with what Borla gave is in case they knew something about their metal header manifold material that we don't.

To which I agreed. I totally left that one in your court.

My memory could be a little fuzzy though. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #2917
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #2918
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You can type it out.

Mother ****er

We had it added to the auto sensor list.

And YOU mentioned that we better go with what Borla gave is in case they knew something about their metal header manifold material that we don't.

To which I agreed. I totally left that one in your court.

My memory could be a little fuzzy though. lol
you have **** sensors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post

lmmfao
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #2919
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
what about the left side? should they go on left ways?
Well the '6.2L' will be closer to the window on one side. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post


You know, it's hard to believe the exhaust deal was almost a year ago. Time goes fast.


I was letting people here is at the Gathering. Of course it got worse RIGHT after. That's when I filmed this......

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #2920
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh, and the thread I put that vid in only MC69 (Mister Twisty lol) said it sounded like an exhaust leak.

Now that we know, it easily sounds like that. But at the time we didn't.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #2921
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well the '6.2L' will be closer to the window on one side. LOL



I was letting people here is at the Gathering. Of course it got worse RIGHT after. That's when I filmed this......

Dammit, I can't see video's out here... I call foul...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #2922
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
R, tap your pen on a desk really fast and close your eyes. Picture the Camaro engine bay with a maggie on top. You have just replicated a supercharged L99 with an exhaust leak.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #2923
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dammit, I can't see video's out here... I call foul...
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
R, tap your pen on a desk really fast and close your eyes. Picture the Camaro engine bay with a maggie on top. You have just replicated a supercharged L99 with an exhaust leak.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #2924
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
LMAO, ok, I actually remember that video...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.