Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2605
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
What......Randy didn't listen....... Surely you jest.....
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #2606
WadeWilson
How U Doin?
 
WadeWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Sky Redline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Randy maybe you can sell them and get some DMH ones........80.00 for the install is a great price...They are not hard to wire up either........
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #2607
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
What......Randy didn't listen....... Surely you jest.....
we talked about all types of cutouts. I recommended QTP's. He was going to get Doug's... he just wasn't aware of it.

He already had his mind up when he asked the question on here...

Doug's is a good product... just not the right fit for Randy... like Savini wheels. they look great and they are priced well... but they just don't fit right... and I'd hate to see randy break another finger using a cutout instead this time...lmao
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #2608
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Lol, I knew when Em had to have her custom fabricated it might be a pain....Vengeance installed the DMH ones on mine and not one single problem with clearnce or fit.....They are 399.00 though.....I tried to get him to swing it when he did his cam and tune with them....may have gotten alittle break but he couldn't swing it then..........But these things unleash the beast......
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #2609
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
What......Randy didn't listen....... Surely you jest.....
and you got off the phone with him after only 5 minutes?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #2610
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Lol, I knew when Em had to have her custom fabricated it might be a pain....Vengeance installed the DMH ones on mine and not one single problem with clearnce or fit.....They are 399.00 though.....I tried to get him to swing it when he did his cam and tune with them....may have gotten alittle break but he couldn't swing it then..........But these things unleash the beast......
399.00 each?
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #2611
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Lol, I knew when Em had to have her custom fabricated it might be a pain....Vengeance installed the DMH ones on mine and not one single problem with clearnce or fit.....They are 399.00 though.....I tried to get him to swing it when he did his cam and tune with them....may have gotten alittle break but he couldn't swing it then..........But these things unleash the beast......
The reason IPS had to tweak mine is because, like PQ, I have an automatic and a lowered car. I wanted the cutouts right behind the headers which puts them right next to the transmission. The automatic transmission is larger than the manual transmission making it a bit tight to get the cutouts tucked up there high enough to not hang too far below the frame of the car.

The QTP cutouts fit fine in a lowered car with an M6 transmission without any adjustments. The auto tranny presents more a fitment issue. It wasn't that big of a deal to make the QTP cutouts fit, but they did have to be adjusted a bit so they wouldn't hang too low below the car. The guys at IPS were being perfectionists.

I honestly don't think the DMH low profile cutouts would necessarily be any different. (Unless perhaps they were mounted further back on the car, in which case you wouldn't get the sound or the power as you do when they're right behind the headers).
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #2612
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
399.00 each?
No goofy for the set....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
The reason IPS had to tweak mine is because, like PQ, I have an automatic and a lowered car. I wanted the cutouts right behind the headers which puts them right next to the transmission. The automatic transmission is larger than the manual transmission making it a bit tight to get the cutouts tucked up there high enough to not hang too far below the frame of the car.

The QTP cutouts fit fine in a lowered car with an M6 transmission without any adjustments. The auto tranny presents more a fitment issue. It wasn't that big of a deal to make the QTP cutouts fit, but they did have to be adjusted a bit so they wouldn't hang too low below the car. The guys at IPS were being perfectionists.

I honestly don't think the DMH low profile cutouts would necessarily be any different. (Unless perhaps they were mounted further back on the car, in which case you wouldn't get the sound or the power as you do when they're right behind the headers).
IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long. They look longer but the mounting base is what attached them to the exhaust...the other stuff bolts to that welded flange...Their is plenty of room on each side of mine...but like I said the welded flange is probably 4 to 6 inches.
Attached Images
 
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #2613
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,826
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
No goofy for the set....



IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long.
nice... except I don't want randy anywhere near a welder...lol
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #2614
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Well at least he could carterized any wounds with a welder....I know that is mispelled...LOL
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #2615
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
No goofy for the set....



IDK here is a pic of mine...they are about 4 to 6 inches long. They look longer but the mounting base is what attached them to the exhaust...the other stuff bolts to that welded flange...Their is plenty of room on each side of mine...but like I said the welded flange is probably 4 to 6 inches.
Yours are further back than mine. Also, to do mine like that, would not have worked because my exhaust didn't have quite as much bend as yours does at that location. I asked IPS about putting them there and they said it wouldn't work on my Borla exhaust.

The closer to the headers, the louder they are and you get better air flow. I picked up 10 rwhp with them open and the car was monster-truck loud with them open. It was awesome.
__________________

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 03-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2616
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Yeah I have the stock exhaust from the cats back...mine is an axle back version so that may also affect that.....If you see it in person it really look like there is alot fo room.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #2617
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Yeah I have the stock exhaust from the cats back...mine is an axle back version so that may also affect that.....If you see it in person it really look like there is alot fo room.
With the stock exhaust, those low profile DMH and QTP cutouts work fine. Not so on most after-market exhausts. I went through all of this when I had mine put on. With the after-market exhaust and auto tranny, it's a bit trickier.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #2618
WadeWilson
How U Doin?
 
WadeWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Sky Redline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
nice... except I don't want randy anywhere near a welder...lol
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.