Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #2675
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
WGAS what the exhaust is doing when the cutout is closed? seriously?

Quit trying to argue with me. I know you like setting the standard on what "Not to do" with your car, but for something this simple...

Well you gotta remember, I don't want my car to lose power with the exhaust cut-outs closed. If I'm on the street and need to get on it and the exhaust cut outs are closed I need it to flow good too.

But I"m not arguing.

I never said I wasn't going to try it. If they can do it then I'll do it. hahaha
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #2676
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
WGAS what the exhaust is doing when the cutout is closed? seriously?

Quit trying to argue with me. I know you like setting the standard on what "Not to do" with your car, but for something this simple...

Just be careful with the sawzall... you think the spinning wheel hurt... lol

WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #2677
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Well you gotta remember, I don't want my car to lose power with the exhaust cut-outs closed. If I'm not the street and need to get on it and the exhaust cut outs are closed I need it to flow good too.

But I"m not arguing.

I never said I wasn't going to try it. If they can do it then I'll do it. hahaha

The only reason I brought that point up was because you said the Noweeds system was "better" or more "well designed"
depending on how you look at it, Dougs are the best because it pulls the entire blade out of the exhaust path to cause less restriction.

as for your flow, you won't lose enough power to notice when the cutouts are closed. Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #2678
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
The only reason I brought that point up was because you said the Noweeds system was "better" or more "well designed"
depending on how you look at it, Dougs are the best because it pulls the entire blade out of the exhaust path to cause less restriction.

as for your flow, you won't lose enough power to notice when the cutouts are closed. Trust me.
Ya, I ordered the Dougs because of that. And because I believe it offers less chance of leaking.

But by 'Better' I see the all around package. More noise due to the only escape being out the dumps, low profile let's it sit up higher than my header pipes so it won't scrape, simple install, better looking, Completely removable back to stock. Or back to stock borla anyway. It just replaces the S pipes. Simple.

If I had a noweeds system sitting here along with what I have I could have the noweeds in three times as fast.

BUT, I'm going to the muffler shop later to have them look at it.

At the end of the day, either way I go it's just cut-outs. The true difference between either one will be miniscule. And never even noticed. BUT, the car will be obnoxious loud.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #2679
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Ya, I ordered the Dougs because of that. And because I believe it offers less chance of leaking.

But by 'Better' I see the all around package. More noise due to the only escape being out the dumps, low profile let's it sit up higher than my header pipes so it won't scrape, simple install, better looking, Completely removable back to stock. Or back to stock borla anyway. It just replaces the S pipes. Simple.

If I had a noweeds system sitting here along with what I have I could have the noweeds in three times as fast.

BUT, I'm going to the muffler shop later to have them look at it.

At the end of the day, either way I go it's just cut-outs. The true difference between either one will be miniscule. And never even noticed. BUT, the car will be obnoxious loud.

Like I said before... just run what you already have.

or pull the whole catback system off for the car show...lol
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #2680
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Like I said before... just run what you already have.

or pull the whole catback system off for the car show...lol
Well, if he doesn't have room then I'll just wait. If he has room then I'll have him do it. But I will not let him move it further back in the system and I will not let them start hacking up my pipes. Unless it's right there at the headers behind the o2 sensor.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #2681
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Well, if he doesn't have room then I'll just wait. If he has room then I'll have him do it. But I will not let him move it further back in the system and I will not let them start hacking up my pipes. Unless it's right there at the headers behind the o2 sensor.

lol... quit trying to justify getting the Noweeds...lmao

would you consider what a pro installation shop would do as "hacking up your pipes"?

there's a difference between just chopping the pipes up and selectively removing pieces to ensure a proper fit.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #2682
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Yeah, I don't quite get his desire to not weld anything or cut the exhaust. It's not like you can't get a piece of pipe to replace that section later. Also, most cutouts make them so that it's easy to put a plate in them if there is a problem so that you can send them off for repair.

I prefer to have them welded in.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #2683
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:

1st, bad a$$ ride PQ.......

But; isn't about time you update that SIG PIC? Your sig says BEWARE OF "$HIT FOR WHEELS" company, but you promote the look with them in it!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #2684
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
lol... quit trying to justify getting the Noweeds...lmao

would you consider what a pro installation shop would do as "hacking up your pipes"?

there's a difference between just chopping the pipes up and selectively removing pieces to ensure a proper fit.
The difference is that I have not yet been able to find a shop here in this area worth a shit.

Example, ..... I pull up to a shop to ask if they can tune an LS engine and they open the hood, see the engine and take out their cell phones to take pics.

The confused looks on most peoples faces when I ask them questions is crazy. I had to show a shop how to use THEIR OWN SMOKE MACHINE. They came to me to tell me I better come see this and they told me it's leaking badly I went out only to see smoke coming out of.............

wait for it........

THE AIR FILTER.

I had to show them how to block of the throttle body to run the test.

Dude, I have ZERO faith in shops here. That's just one example btw.

So if they show me that they have a good plan and are confident that they could do it then that's one thing. But if I have to have the idea and they tell me "Well, aight. Let's gitr' dun' then I'm out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Yeah, I don't quite get his desire to not weld anything or cut the exhaust. It's not like you can't get a piece of pipe to replace that section later. Also, most cutouts make them so that it's easy to put a plate in them if there is a problem so that you can send them off for repair.

I prefer to have them welded in.
Spoken by a person with an IPS next door.

But it's the cost also. They told me 80.00 to do a simple weld on both sides. If I have them removing X Pipes and cutting sections and moving things and rewelding this here and that there it's going to cost much more.

My reluctance to weld is from trusting someone to do it right, the cost of the work, and the ability to just be able to take my exhaust off and box it up and ship it if I decide to get a 3" system or whatever later.

But mostly trusting someone to not screw my shit up.

You could never understand how hard it is to find someone down here to do good work. And not be ass holes when you try and show them what you want. I am so fed up with shops it isn't funny.

I have counted up the cost of opening my own shop. Don't have the money but more importantly I don't have the knowledge and I'm not a mechanic. And I'd have to find one. Shops suck here.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #2685
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
1st, bad a$$ ride PQ.......

But; isn't about time you update that SIG PIC? Your sig says BEWARE OF "$HIT FOR WHEELS" company, but you promote the look with them in it!
Well, first off while I do have a buyer, I still have to ultimately sell them.

And second, I have Forgelines being made. I have no good pics of my car without these. And I've said all along that these wheels are the best looking wheels I've seen Still are. The quality is just way over rated.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #2686
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
The difference is that I have not yet been able to find a shop here in this area worth a shit.

Example, ..... I pull up to a shop to ask if they can tune an LS engine and they open the hood, see the engine and take out their cell phones to take pics.

The confused looks on most peoples faces when I ask them questions is crazy. I had to show a shop how to use THEIR OWN SMOKE MACHINE. They came to me to tell me I better come see this and they told me it's leaking badly I went out only to see smoke coming out of.............

wait for it........

THE AIR FILTER.

I had to show them how to block of the throttle body to run the test.

Dude, I have ZERO faith in shops here. That's just one example btw.

So if they show me that they have a good plan and are confident that they could do it then that's one thing. But if I have to have the idea and they tell me "Well, aight. Let's gitr' dun' then I'm out.

Spoken by a person with an IPS next door.

But it's the cost also. They told me 80.00 to do a simple weld on both sides. If I have them removing X Pipes and cutting sections and moving things and rewelding this here and that there it's going to cost much more.

My reluctance to weld is from trusting someone to do it right, the cost of the work, and the ability to just be able to take my exhaust off and box it up and ship it if I decide to get a 3" system or whatever later.

But mostly trusting someone to not screw my shit up.

You could never understand how hard it is to find someone down here to do good work. And not be ass holes when you try and show them what you want. I am so fed up with shops it isn't funny.

I have counted up the cost of opening my own shop. Don't have the money but more importantly I don't have the knowledge and I'm not a mechanic. And I'd have to find one. Shops suck here.
you still haven't answered my question...

who said anything about welding using my method? and why couldnt you do it in your driveway?

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #2687
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You don't need an IPS to find someone who can weld.

I know I'm fortunate to live near a great speed shop like IPS.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #2688
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
you still haven't answered my question...

who said anything about welding using my method? and why couldnt you do it in your driveway?
Use sleeve clamps at the joints and it would work just fine. Way too much work on jack stands under the car in the driveway. LOL

Yes, I'd just remove the midpipes and measure it all but I'd rather pay a guy at that point. And I don't want to pay a guy.

I'll see what they say at the muffler shop. Just got my package in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You don't need an IPS to find someone who can weld.
Well, you would think. lol

For a simple weld I got no problem. But that's all.

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle