Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #3248
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That's it? Wow!
That's what I said. Don't get me wrong, it took about 5 minutes because I couldn't figure out how to get the front to come lose. Till I realized you slide the whole thing back and the front is in a slot that you set it in and push forward to 'seat'.

But, ya. That's it.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #3249
Merc
In The Circle
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 10,215
Thx Bud. Sounds pretty simple.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #3250
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]
 
rjdapilmoto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Merc, I can go out to the car right now and if you timed me I could have it out in under a minute. I was amazed at how easy it was once you realize how the front rails are seated in the car.

Litterally undo the two torx nuts in back and lift a little on the rear of the seat, slide the whole seat rails and all back about an inch and the front comes out. Pull the connector lock from the wire harness and it's out.

I'll do a quick video and time myself tonight to show you.

Dude. This system is worth every penny. You can put the car back to stock EASY too if you ever wanted to. It comes with the clamps to do so. And when I say it took me 3 hours I'm talking vacuuming the car when I took the seat out, jacking the car up on stand front and rear, jacking the car down and everything. I could do it in 2 hours now having done it once.

I never held up though. I work diligently till it was done.
Dang, dude! I ought to drive down to Alabama and have you do mine!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #3251
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Merc, I can go out to the car right now and if you timed me I could have it out in under a minute. I was amazed at how easy it was once you realize how the front rails are seated in the car.

Litterally undo the two torx nuts in back and lift a little on the rear of the seat, slide the whole seat rails and all back about an inch and the front comes out. Pull the connector lock from the wire harness and it's out.

I'll do a quick video and time myself tonight to show you.

Dude. This system is worth every penny. You can put the car back to stock EASY too if you ever wanted to. It comes with the clamps to do so. And when I say it took me 3 hours I'm talking vacuuming the car when I took the seat out, jacking the car up on stand front and rear, jacking the car down and everything. I could do it in 2 hours now having done it once.

I never held up though. I work diligently till it was done.

are you sure? didn't you have to cut an inch off your header collector to make it fit...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #3252
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
are you sure? didn't you have to cut an inch off your header collector to make it fit...
Nope. Had to cut an inch off of the noweeds part at the header collector.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #3253
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Nope. Had to cut an inch off of the noweeds part at the header collector.
at least you had the forethought to cut the noweeds and not the header.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #3254
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
at least you had the forethought to cut the noweeds and not the header.


There was a time when I might not. haha
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #3255
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,830
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


There was a time when I might not. haha
well, I can honestly say that from where you started with your car, you have definately grown knowledge-wise.

unfortunately, you had to do it the same way I did...

by breaking tons of isht in the process...lmao
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #3256
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,280
like fingers
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #3257
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well, I can honestly say that from where you started with your car, you have definately grown knowledge-wise.

unfortunately, you had to do it the same way I did...

by breaking tons of isht in the process...lmao


Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
like fingers
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #3258
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
sissy....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #3259
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,432
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
sissy....
Callin' everyone "sissy" lately, Chris....

If I were your therapist, I'd ask what feminine thing you did in the past week or two that's causing you to lash out so violently....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #3260
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
His wife b$%^ slapped him and so he is projecting his own feelings of inadequacy...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #3261
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Feeling kinda like the Fiance 'Tommy' in Kill Bill
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #3262
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,499
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR.... Maybe.... just maybe.... I'm right... and those that have been called a sissy, really are.... as evidenced by their responses in this thread...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #3263
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,432
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The height of your spoiler says I'd make a good living being your therapist....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #3264
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.