Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #2717
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
so you were riding... because you have an automatic
Nope. Chris just said he wanted to drive my car badly. Told me not to tell anyone.

The satisfaction in him was actually kind of scary.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #2718
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Nope. Chris just said he wanted to drive my car badly. Told me not to tell anyone.

The satisfaction in him was actually kind of scary.



I've driven PQ's car before... but I was surprised at how much more sketchy is is than mine... essentially we make the same power and have the same suspension, save the auto and 22's we are pretty close.

Usually, in my car on a when I romp on it from a roll, I'll bet em spinning, get off the gas, get straight, get back on the gas and I'm good to go, under control and pulling...

In Randy's car we slowed to a stop, made a uturn and when I was just about pointed in the right direction I jumped on it. Tires instantly came lose, and I was through my lane into the painted median (road was clear but we had some oncoming traffic headed our way) I jumped off the gas made a quick steering wheel correction and jumped on it again... No luck, tires came lose and I was too chicken to make another steering wheel input to move the car to the right and back into the lane of travel... I just had no clue what it was going to do so I didn't risk it a third time. I just coasted into the lane I was supposed to be in and then romped on it again. This time they came lose but in a straight line. And like Randy said, it wiggled again on 2-3 up shift... It just doesn't feel anywhere near as predictable as my car does even on the stock wheels and tires...... The power delivery is much smother than in my car so you get split second where you think all is well... then next thing you know you're bouncing off the rev limiter and working the wheel like a child on a kiddy ride...



I think Randy is going to really love his new wheels and tires.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #2719
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Paint project went off without a hitch.

Randy is on the way back to MOOBeeeeeeeuhl!

Car looks great, Randy needs to wet sand the front fascia and then polish it.

Rocker panel
painted hood spears
repaired fron fascia

wait... Randy's going to wetsand the car?


am I the only one concerned that it may turn out like this?




Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post



I've driven PQ's car before... but I was surprised at how much more sketchy is is than mine... essentially we make the same power and have the same suspension, save the auto and 22's we are pretty close.

Usually, in my car on a when I romp on it from a roll, I'll bet em spinning, get off the gas, get straight, get back on the gas and I'm good to go, under control and pulling...

In Randy's car we slowed to a stop, made a uturn and when I was just about pointed in the right direction I jumped on it. Tires instantly came lose, and I was through my lane into the painted median (road was clear but we had some oncoming traffic headed our way) I jumped off the gas made a quick steering wheel correction and jumped on it again... No luck, tires came lose and I was too chicken to make another steering wheel input to move the car to the right and back into the lane of travel... I just had no clue what it was going to do so I didn't risk it a third time. I just coasted into the lane I was supposed to be in and then romped on it again. This time they came lose but in a straight line. And like Randy said, it wiggled again on 2-3 up shift... It just doesn't feel anywhere near as predictable as my car does even on the stock wheels and tires...... The power delivery is much smother than in my car so you get split second where you think all is well... then next thing you know you're bouncing off the rev limiter and working the wheel like a child on a kiddy ride...



I think Randy is going to really love his new wheels and tires.








so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #2720
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2721
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #2722
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wait... Randy's going to wetsand the car?


am I the only one concerned that it may turn out like this?


I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2723
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #2724
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
has randy done wet sanding before? (I mean successfully)
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #2725
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #2726
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
has randy done wet sanding before? (I mean successfully)
Gees you guys are brutal.




Yes, he's wet sanded before, more than I have anyway.... we did his rocker at my house but we didn't have any 3000 sand paper so there are still a few tiny micro scratches from the 2000 we used. but once we polished it it came out really nice.

On the fascia he's gonna use the 3000 for sure.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #2727
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Not trying to be brutal, just concerned. Your painter did that spoiler perfect. No peel at all in it. Same painter?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #2728
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I was smart enough not to make another steering wheel input to move the car to the right and back into the lane of travel...
Fixed. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wait... Randy's going to wetsand the car?


am I the only one concerned that it may turn out like this?
I've done before. And I know I have a ton of clear coat on it now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
so you are saying that even tho you drive a manual... you couldn't control an auto... interesting...


Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I hope he's done it before. Black car, yikes.
Truthfully black is no harder than other colors. Just do it the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
No doubt...how many fingers does he have left?
8 .... and a half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
has randy done wet sanding before? (I mean successfully)
Yup. Done it before. It's really not much different than polishing rocks, or marble. Step up until highly shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Not trying to be brutal, just concerned. Your painter did that spoiler perfect. No peel at all in it. Same painter?
Same painter. And he laid extra clear for me.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #2729
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Good deal. Only thing with black is if you look at it wrong, it gets dirty. If you look away quickly and look back, it's scratched. If you park and come back later, it's dirty. If you sneeze and close your eyes (yeah, try keeping your eyes open whilst sneezing) it developed a ding.

Finicky color
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #2730
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good deal. Only thing with black is if you look at it wrong, it gets dirty. If you look away quickly and look back, it's scratched. If you park and come back later, it's dirty. If you sneeze and close your eyes (yeah, try keeping your eyes open whilst sneezing) it developed a ding.

Finicky color


I've never feared rain like I have for the past 3 years.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.