Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #2857
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
The first time I saw your wheels I fell in love with them. I built them over and over on Savini's web site and finally had Nineball price me a full set tires and all shipped ready to install. The price suprised me a little and I did not pull the trigger. I later saw the thread about the issues everyone was having with them and was glad I did not buy a set.

I love my Cor Forged but nothing is a nice looking as those Savinis.

Bill
Oh. No doubt. As bad as I hate those Fing wheels it's mainly because of the problems I had.

But I'll never try and say they aren't the finest looking wheels I've ever seen. If I could get the performance I'll get out of the Forgelines I'd pay to keep the Savinis. If they gripped and performed there is no way I'd let them go. But some things are just meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
have you seen Speedster's & Joe's threads?!
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #2858
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
yeah... decisions, decisions



it was right about a grand to my door (with replacement vouchers) for a set of Nitto INVOs: 265/35-18 & 295/35-18. i went with these to hopefully get 20k+ out of them. they're 260TW instead of 100. the bad thing is that they're 1/2" shorter than stock sizes - lowering the car another 1/4" what i wanted to run was a 275/35, 305/35 setup... but the only matched sets i could find were the 555R2s & 888s (the 305 on an 18" rim being the limiting factor with other tires). those are the stock heights/stagger - just wider (and they fill out the wheel wells better - especially the rear).

hopefully next time around, i can afford to have some better options (maybe including race wheels)
did you look into kdw's?
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #2859
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Oh. No doubt. As bad as I hate those Fing wheels it's mainly because of the problems I had.

But I'll never try and say they aren't the finest looking wheels I've ever seen. If I could get the performance I'll get out of the Forgelines I'd pay to keep the Savinis. If they gripped and performed there is no way I'd let them go. But some things are just meant to be.

I feel for you bro. Luckily mine were round, and my only problem with them was the finish. I agree with you 100% on the look...I couldn't find anything that looked as good as what I got.

At least you can put the drama behind you and enjoy your car.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #2860
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I feel for you bro. Luckily mine were round, and my only problem with them was the finish. I agree with you 100% on the look...I couldn't find anything that looked as good as what I got.

At least you can put the drama behind you and enjoy your car.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #2861
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
have you seen Speedster's & Joe's threads?!
Sorry, man-whore here... busted...lol

Hey PQ - Are you going with the ForgeLines this time ?
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #2862
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry, man-whore here... busted...lol

Hey PQ - Are you going with the ForgeLines this time ?
Yup. On order and being made now.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #2863
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 10,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
did you look into kdw's?
come to think of it... i don't think i did
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #2864
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
come to think of it... i don't think i did
well... when you need new tires... look into them. they are a damn good tire for just about anything from street to track and a lot in between.

I ran ~20k miles on mine and still had 4-5/32nds tread left when I sold them.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #2865
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
well... when you need new tires... look into them. they are a damn good tire for just about anything from street to track and a lot in between.

I ran ~20k miles on mine and still had 4-5/32nds tread left when I sold them.
Their kinda ugly though.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #2866
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,824
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Their kinda ugly though.








even if you thought they were ugly... Performance over looks randy.




Having good "looking" tires on your car that can't handle is like stuffing a sock down your pants. its all great...








till you have to perform.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #2867
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post








even if you thought they were ugly... Performance over looks randy.




Having good "looking" tires on your car that can't handle is like stuffing a sock down your pants. its all great...








till you have to perform.


Ok. That's fair. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2868
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
You know, they do have an adult diaper so you don't have to shove socks in your britches.






































wait.... wut?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #2869
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok. Got my lettering.

Name:  20120321_110515.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  98.0 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #2870
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,569
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Can you say busted...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 07:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.