Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #926
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I know. But it's hard not to go out there and crank it up.
Willpower, buddy.....willpower.....power......supercharger... ..key. Muahahaha.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Just think how close you are, I'm dropping my car off Thursday, and wont get it back for over five weeks...:(
:upset:
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #927
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Willpower, buddy.....willpower.....power......supercharger... ..key. Muahahaha.



:upset:
Thats what I'm saying... can someone come by and take me for a ride once in a while...:(
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 AM   #928
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,829
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well. I'm now boosted.

Wheels really are killing me, but it's all good.

On to ............................... ok. Enough for now.



471 rwhp 476 torque
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #929
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well. I'm now boosted.

Wheels really are killing me, but it's all good.

On to ............................... ok. Enough for now.



471 rwhp 476 torque
Was it Patty Loveless that said, "My tractor don't get no traction"
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #930
Merc
COTW 12/5/11
 
Merc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Abbotsford BC Canada
Posts: 8,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well. I'm now boosted.

Wheels really are killing me, but it's all good.

On to ............................... ok. Enough for now.



471 rwhp 476 torque
Cool Man. I have been so busy working on Pumpkin that I lost track of your saga. Glad to see you solved your problems and your up and running again.

__________________
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #931
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well. I'm now boosted.

Wheels really are killing me, but it's all good.

On to ............................... ok. Enough for now.



471 rwhp 476 torque
Nice numbers... I'm glad you got it taken care of... since you are so good with hoses, not Hoses, wanna come to Brazil and help me for the next two or three weeks... I promise it'll be interesting...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #932
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,829
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Was it Patty Loveless that said, "My tractor don't get no traction"


Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Cool Man. I have been so busy working on Pumpkin that I lost track of your saga. Glad to see you solved your problems and your up and running again.

PM responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Nice numbers... I'm glad you got it taken care of... since you are so good with hoses, not Hoses, wanna come to Brazil and help me for the next two or three weeks... I promise it'll be interesting...
OOOoooooo, Brazil..........

Pina' Coladas and uh.............. a view.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #933
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


PM responded to.

OOOoooooo, Brazil..........

Pina' Coladas and uh.............. a view.
As Chris about my view before you factor that into it... He walked into a hairy legged discussion in my build thread earlier... but ..no, wait... maybe that's what you're talking about...

I'm out..............................
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #934
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,765
LMAO
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #935
racer778
Camaro Sold
 
racer778's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Antonio Texas
Posts: 875
L99 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
As Chris about my view before you factor that into it... He walked into a hairy legged discussion in my build thread earlier... but ..no, wait... maybe that's what you're talking about...

I'm out..............................
Pq, don't worry about the hairy-legged brazilian men discussion. That only holds true for the pink Tu-tu wearing LS3 Team
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #936
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
So your numbers are 471 rwhp? Are these numbers SAFE numbers? or are they permanent. I was thinking you would have 500 or more. Why would I think that?
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 PM   #937
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,829
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
So your numbers are 471 rwhp? Are these numbers SAFE numbers? or are they permanent. I was thinking you would have 500 or more. Why would I think that?
Got to be the wheels. It was a perfect day for dynoing and we used the 3.6 pulley as well. 7.3 pounds of boost. If you did the common estimate of 20 HP per pound of boost added to the 360 rwhp I started with, you'd get right at 500. Not to mention I believe mine is the lowest dynoed Maggie yet, it's gotta be the wheels.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #938
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Got to be the wheels. It was a perfect day for dynoing and we used the 3.6 pulley as well. 7.3 pounds of boost. If you did the common estimate of 20 HP per pound of boost added to the 360 rwhp I started with, you'd get right at 500. Not to mention I believe mine is the lowest dynoed Maggie yet, it's gotta be the wheels.
I was wondering the same thing because just with my cam, headers etc... I have 463 to the wheels, but I have the same wheels as you ( 22's) so something else must be going on taht is only 8 rwhp difference. I know dyno's are different but do you think that they would be that different. Mine is an LS3 though but it should make that big of a difference don't ya think.

I was there when they dyno'd mine the last time and got 463, actually they got more but had the rev limiter at 7100 just to see what it would do and to show me that I would not blow up my car not matter if I drove it hard. The set the rev limiter to 7100 to prove to me , Noob Guy, that I wasn't going to hurt my car, that I wasn't going to break anything, that what they did was safe, really to give me comfort. Of course they set the limiter back down, cooled the car off, made the final tune, and did the final dyno run and made 463 rwhp on mine. My fuel trims were 12.9 and they said that was as close to perfect as they could get, whatever that means, lol.

Doesn't Gtahvit's car make 500? I think I remember Emma's making 500 also. Could it be something else going on with your car?
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #939
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
GTA's car is closer to 540 rwhp (he has an LS3). Mine is right at 500 rwhp (L99).
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #940
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Why is there such a variance in yours and Randy's car do you think all things being equal?
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #941
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
I'm prettier. That's got to be worth at least 30 rwhp.

To be honest, I really don't know. We have almost identical builds. I do have trailling arms though...
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #942
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 24,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Why is there such a variance in yours and Randy's car do you think all things being equal?
I think he just maxed out on fuse pulls...

Would really need to know the before #'s. Mine is at 370 w/ the same mods as Randy minus the SC... so I would expect to be close to 500 w/ a maggie.

I also don't think wheels account for that much HP... I've dyno'd both ways 20 and 22 and it's not that much difference... Now getting off the line is a whole different story.

I have my 20's on now ready for track day...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #943
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm prettier. That's got to be worth at least 30 rwhp.

To be honest, I really don't know. We have almost identical builds. I do have trailling arms though...
Girl you are shot out, hell if that made a difference then there is no way I would make 463 rwhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I think he just maxed out on fuse pulls...

Would really need to know the before #'s. Mine is at 370 w/ the same mods as Randy minus the SC... so I would expect to be close to 500 w/ a maggie.

I also don't think wheels account for that much HP... I've dyno'd both ways 20 and 22 and it's not that much difference... Now getting off the line is a whole different story.

I have my 20's on now ready for track day...
I didn't put much faith in the wheel theory but I was thinking he should have more HP that what he has. I just have a cam and have 463 even though I have an LS3 it should be that close cause he has a Maggie. Do ya'll think something else could be wrong or is it just gonna be 471.

Maybe my trailing arms are giving me Moar.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #944
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Got to be the wheels. It was a perfect day for dynoing and we used the 3.6 pulley as well. 7.3 pounds of boost. If you did the common estimate of 20 HP per pound of boost added to the 360 rwhp I started with, you'd get right at 500. Not to mention I believe mine is the lowest dynoed Maggie yet, it's gotta be the wheels.
This is definitely interesting. Some say that wheels only make a small difference, and others say it's pretty large. Has anyone else on the forum tested this?

As soon as I get my 18s in, I'll mount them and put her back on the dyno.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #945
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
This is definitely interesting. Some say that wheels only make a small difference, and others say it's pretty large. Has anyone else on the forum tested this?

As soon as I get my 18s in, I'll mount them and put her back on the dyno.
You and I have almost identical numbers and builds. The only difference in ours are your long tubes and my shorties. That's going to change this fall though. Time to swap for some Kooks 1 7/8" LTs.

Did you have 20s or 22s when your car was dyno'd?
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #946
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
You and I have almost identical numbers and builds. The only difference in ours are your long tubes and my shorties. That's going to change this fall though. Time to swap for some Kooks 1 7/8" LTs.

Did you have 20s or 22s when your car was dyno'd?
I had the 22s on with my final dyno.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #947
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,829
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Why is there such a variance in yours and Randy's car do you think all things being equal?
Wheels.

And like I say, it was a perfect day for a dyno. Cold and dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
As soon as I get my 18s in, I'll mount them and put her back on the dyno.



Every other known factor was favorable for higher numbers. Sea level, temp, humidity, etc.............. Considering my set-up, and everyone elses numbers with same set-up, it's GOT to be the wheels.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #948
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
I'm trying to sell my 22s so I can get a set of either 20s or 18s for mine.

My car had the stock 20s on it for the dyno runs after the maggie was installed.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #949
Shardik2SS
How U Doin?
 
Drives: #21,644
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm trying to sell my 22s so I can get a set of either 20s or 18s for mine.

My car had the stock 20s on it for the dyno runs after the maggie was installed.
I'm also considering the change from 20s to 18s.
Shardik2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #950
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm trying to sell my 22s so I can get a set of either 20s or 18s for mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I'm also considering the change from 20s to 18s.
I personally think 18s are way too small for this car. I'm only using these wheels for the track.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.