Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #1079
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,728
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Maybe it's those Mobile roads? If it's not leaking at first, it seems it would have to be a sealed area (beads or tpms) leaking
Ya. The last one I did a couple weeks ago before I went to the shop last week was leaking about 6 different places on the inside bead.

Same with the rear one this week.

They said it was the bead on the left rear, and the sensor on the right rear.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #1080
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
We have a new solution for you - run flat tires. No Air. Better yet, swipe a set of plastic ones from a Big Wheel...

Man, you have had the worst luck with those 22's. :(
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #1081
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,728
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
We have a new solution for you - run flat tires. No Air. Better yet, swipe a set of plastic ones from a Big Wheel...

Man, you have had the worst luck with those 22's. :(
Once they get ironed out, I think I'll be fine.

DAMN I wish I'd have just went with the same wheels but 20s.

I really think it's the 22" aspect of the wheels that is the culprit.

Not sealing ont he bead, sensors leaking, vibrated so bad, etc............. heck, they still vibrate, just much less. Acceptable.

I will probably end up in something else. Just a shame since these look sooooo daaaaamn gooooood.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #1082
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Once they get ironed out, I think I'll be fine.

DAMN I wish I'd have just went with the same wheels but 20s.

I really think it's the 22" aspect of the wheels that is the culprit.

Not sealing ont he bead, sensors leaking, vibrated so bad, etc............. heck, they still vibrate, just much less. Acceptable.

I will probably end up in something else. Just a shame since these look sooooo daaaaamn gooooood.
Sorry bro...man you've had a lot of bad luck...mine have never leaked and have zero vibration. You've had all this crazy stuff happen AND sacrificed a piece of your finger!
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1083
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,728
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Sorry bro...man you've had a lot of bad luck...mine have never leaked and have zero vibration. You've had all this crazy stuff happen AND sacrificed a piece of your finger!
You need to drive my car at the fest and tell me what you think.

LMAO, it's par for the course though. guys are posting vids of dynos, cams, and big numbers, and I'm just wanting air in my tires. LMAO

On a good note, this morning I didn't have to add any air. Of course, my TPMS light is on because of the missing sensor. I'm getting used to that light being on.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #1084
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You need to drive my car at the fest and tell me what you think.

LMAO, it's par for the course though. guys are posting vids of dynos, cams, and big numbers, and I'm just wanting air in my tires. LMAO

On a good note, this morning I didn't have to add any air. Of course, my TPMS light is on because of the missing sensor. I'm getting used to that light being on.
Yea...my light is on right now, but that's because I wanted to try out the Forgestar 18s I bought for the track. No reason to install sensors on those. They don't look as good as my Savinis, but they do look pretty mean with those big fat Mickey Thompsons. Of course they also hook much better on the street.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #1085
WadeWilson
How U Doin?
 
WadeWilson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Sky Redline
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Californication
Posts: 24,129
Today's word of the day is.....




CAM




That is all....carry on.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #1086
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,390
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You need to drive my car at the fest and tell me what you think.

LMAO, it's par for the course though. guys are posting vids of dynos, cams, and big numbers, and I'm just wanting air in my tires. LMAO

On a good note, this morning I didn't have to add any air. Of course, my TPMS light is on because of the missing sensor. I'm getting used to that light being on.
An itty bitty piece of black tape will cover that light for life..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Yea...my light is on right now, but that's because I wanted to try out the Forgestar 18s I bought for the track. No reason to install sensors on those. They don't look as good as my Savinis, but they do look pretty mean with those big fat Mickey Thompsons. Of course they also hook much better on the street.
woo hoo cool to hear they hook... Since I ordered the same setup, but the wheels are going to be black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Today's word of the day is.....




CAM




That is all....carry on.
Cool deal, I actually helped install mine as we were building up the motor....and please do not come on tomorrow and tell us the word of the day is Maro... I'll be pissed, and soooooo disappointed...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #1087
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I ordered the same setup, but the wheels are going to be black...
Mine are black.



__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #1088
mlee
Charter Circle Member
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 27,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Today's word of the day is.....




CAM




That is all....carry on.

MMMMMMMMMMM .... Got CAM???
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #1089
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,357
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Randy you are my buddy and all but I will of sued Savani by now on those dang wheels. You are a much better man than me.

Then again some day you may listen to me more often (Fuse Pull). I told you after we saw the GM 21" wheels on the car in Eufaula not to get them. But you did and then the drama started.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #1090
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Mine are black.
That looks gooood
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #1091
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,728
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Just left the office and got home. Had to work late.

Went to the car and started it. One of the three sensors that are in told me I had 22 pounds of air in it. I got out and put a gauge on it.

Left rear. Only 22 pounds. OMFG.................. I'm going nuts.

Then I notice that the shop put the front wheels on the wrong sides of the car. I hadn't noticed it over the weekend.

They also scraped a circle on the black paint on the spokes about an inch outside the center cap I hadn't noticed on both front wheels.

I"m so pissed. Holy shit.

Anybody got some stock wheels they want to trade for?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #1092
Reaper1a
 
Reaper1a's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Just left the office and got home. Had to work late.

Went to the car and started it. One of the three sensors that are in told me I had 22 pounds of air in it. I got out and put a gauge on it.

Left rear. Only 22 pounds. OMFG.................. I'm going nuts.

Then I notice that the shop put the front wheels on the wrong sides of the car. I hadn't noticed it over the weekend.

They also scraped a circle on the black paint on the spokes about an inch outside the center cap I hadn't noticed on both front wheels.

I"m so pissed. Holy shit.

Anybody got some stock wheels they want to trade for?
Yes....but mine wont fit your car
Maybe these will solve your problems

__________________
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
-Elbert Hubbard
Reaper1a is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.