Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #1107
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Must be me. The decisions I make I gotta question at this point. Maybe I should have took my wheels to Jacksonville or Houston? If I were on the oustside looking in, I'd be asking what the hell is PQ doing?

I'm a very patient guy. Maybe that's my problem. TOO patient. Like with Savini, I wait to long to blow the hell up. Maybe I need to be a total douche on the FIRST sign of trouble?

I've heard good things about them. But DAMN, it sucks I gotta travel 400 freaking miles in any direction to get a good shop.
PQ, there is no need to change who you are, but at the same time, when you buy premium products, you should recieve a premium product.. In addition to the original problems with the wheels, have they been leaking like this all along. If so, then it's back on Savini, if not, did it start with a tire change or tire brand change... If so, then the tire company should be held responsible.

I will not question your decisions, but I will offer ideas up when I can... I know you don't have the best relationship with Savini, but I would sure be asking them for suggestions, or help... they can certainly offer something for the price spent on their wheels... ideas, suggestions, etc...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #1108
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I've heard good things about them. But DAMN, it sucks I gotta travel 400 freaking miles in any direction to get a good shop.
Yeah it does but the great thing about Vengeance it they have a service that will come and pick up your vehicle and take it to Vengeance. I had to use it once and it cost me 150.00. Well worth it in my opinion, saved me 6 hours of driving time. Enclosed trailering service with 2 mil worth of insurance. Just a thought.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #1109
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Yeah it does but the great thing about Vengeance it they have a service that will come and pick up your vehicle and take it to Vengeance. I had to use it once and it cost me 150.00. Well worth it in my opinion, saved me 6 hours of driving time. Enclosed trailering service with 2 mil worth of insurance. Just a thought.
Wow, I didn't know they did that.

Tha'ts F'n cool.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #1110
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Wow, I didn't know they did that.

Tha'ts F'n cool.
Yeah, when I had my first cam installed by another shop I had a 37K paper weight that wouldn't run. They had damaged the rocker tray and a rocker arm, real bad skip, smoke etc... Ron had this Car service come and pick my car up and deliver it to Vengeance, Cost me 150.00. He had an enclosed trailer, winched my car in the trailer, had car protectors etc... showed me his insuranance that if something bad happened that my car would be replaced if replaceable. When I went to pick it up car worked great, not a scratch on it not even a speck of dust.

Vengeance is a 3 hours drive from me to give you an idea, but really helped me out cause trust me when I saw the smoke and heard the bad missing I was kinda freaking out but Ron took care of me and my car.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #1111
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,445
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Yeah, when I had my first cam installed by another shop I had a 37K paper weight that wouldn't run. They had damaged the rocker tray and a rocker arm, real bad skip, smoke etc... Ron had this Car service come and pick my car up and deliver it to Vengeance, Cost me 150.00. He had an enclosed trailer, winched my car in the trailer, had car protectors etc... showed me his insuranance that if something bad happened that my car would be replaced if replaceable. When I went to pick it up car worked great, not a scratch on it not even a speck of dust.

Vengeance is a 3 hours drive from me to give you an idea, but really helped me out cause trust me when I saw the smoke and heard the bad missing I was kinda freaking out but Ron took care of me and my car.
It sure is easy to sleep at night knowing there are people with shops out there that really do care... and take care...

Cool Story,
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #1112
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
There are a few guys here in Jax that have used them Only good things to say about Vengeance.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #1113
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Boy oh Boy PQ.. you can't catch a break with those tires and wheels.

That scratch looks like the shop did something when they went to balance them.. maybe the idiot forgot the cone. I would make the shop replace it.

After all that trouble, I'd be putting them on EBAY after they hold air and ordering something else...

It hurts reading about you still fighting those @#$%^ wheels... and the fault lies with the tire shop Idiot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
PQ, there is no need to change who you are, but at the same time, when you buy premium products, you should recieve a premium product.. In addition to the original problems with the wheels, have they been leaking like this all along. If so, then it's back on Savini, if not, did it start with a tire change or tire brand change... If so, then the tire company should be held responsible.

I will not question your decisions, but I will offer ideas up when I can... I know you don't have the best relationship with Savini, but I would sure be asking them for suggestions, or help... they can certainly offer something for the price spent on their wheels... ideas, suggestions, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
It sure is easy to sleep at night knowing there are people with shops out there that really do care... and take care...

Cool Story,
Maybe I need to sleep somewhere else. lol
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #1114
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm a very patient guy. Maybe that's my problem. TOO patient.
i know how you feel... thats me all the way
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #1115
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
i know how you feel... thats me all the way
Sounds like it. When I read your story I kept thinking that would so be me.

Nice guys finish last, or buy their way out.

I think it's time I start being an a-hole as soon as I start getting irritated. I always wait two steps too late.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #1116
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sounds like it. When I read your story I kept thinking that would so be me.

Nice guys finish last, or buy their way out.

I think it's time I start being an a-hole as soon as I start getting irritated. I always wait two steps too late.
unfortunatly. haha
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #1117
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,065
... How come you're not signed up for auto-x yet? You.know.you.want.to.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #1118
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
he can still sign up at the track
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #1119
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
... How come you're not signed up for auto-x yet? You.know.you.want.to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
he can still sign up at the track
Serious?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #1120
GTAHVIT
Blessed
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,495
of course for the autoX??? hell yeah.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.