Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Question Front tag on new Camaro?

Anyone have an idea where the front tag will be on these vehicles? Will they ship from the factory w/ the bracket on them (according to state delivery), or will the dealer have to do it???

I don't really want any holes drilled in the front bumper...so I am hoping it's not tacky looking....I have managed to get by w/ my Camaro and TA so far w/o a front tag, but that is b/c I don't drive them much...I want to be able to drive this one more, so I am thinking the front tag will need to be there

Anyone have an idea???
Old 10-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I have already requested they not put this on for me

Crowley
Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Thanks a bunch for that info, and link w/ pics!

I do NOT want that tag on that car!!! I will have to make sure they all know that. I already have a huge list of stuff I don't want done on that car....

Will it hurt the warranty at all if I don't let the dealership do the 'prep' stuff?
I have someone else I want to put the inspection sticker on, and I figure the dealership will not put a sticker on that car if the front tag is not installed?

I have a huge list to go thru, and just hope it goes over well....
Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #4
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Thanks a bunch for that info, and link w/ pics!

I do NOT want that tag on that car!!! I will have to make sure they all know that. I already have a huge list of stuff I don't want done on that car....

I have a huge list to go thru, and just hope it goes over well....
would you mind posting that list? maybe some of us could add to it, or get insight from it.

I already know to not have them install the license plate bracket, nor prep wash the car once it arrives, etc...

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Yeah please everyone post up some other ideas. I never thought about telling them dont install the front tag until a couple of others here said it.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
would you mind posting that list? maybe some of us could add to it, or get insight from it.

I already know to not have them install the license plate bracket, nor prep wash the car once it arrives, etc...

It's in the car, and I'm in the office, but I will try to go from memory. I had been writing them down as I think of them. I do know it's mandatory the dealership drive the car, I plan on being in the passenger seat when they do that, and I will also be the one putting the first 'free' tank of gas in it. I want to be contacted ON the phone when the car arrives on the delivery truck, I will be present, and I want a video of it coming off the truck

1. Do not wash the car, leave ALL plastic on.
2. Do not turn on the wipers (scratch the glass; hope this isn't an insp. issue)
3. I don't want my inspection sticker installed from there, if possible.
4. Do not install the license plate bracket.
5. Do not pop my hood, I want to be first to do that.
6. Leave the window sticker on the glass.
7. If it's raining that day, it will not be driven in the rain.

There is more in my car, and I will post them up later today....if some of this sounds extreme, oh well. I have been waiting too long for this day, and nothing is too extreme for me when it comes to the day of delivery. This isn't just 'some car', this is the hottest Camaro yet
Old 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
here in jersey front tags are required :( idk what to do i really want want front tags on there it messes up the whole look i think and looks very tacky
Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaross View Post
here in jersey front tags are required :( idk what to do i really want want front tags on there it messes up the whole look i think and looks very tacky
Is your car going to be a a daily driver? Because my dad said back when he had nice cars before he got married haha he used to just keep the plate inside the car and if he got pulled over he would say "I just left a car show or was just at one the other day and forgot to put it back on im sorry". And it worked everytime. My friend has his on the dash and he has never got pulled over but that just as bad as on the front of the car.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
They are required in VA to....they are on my daily driver....but the show cars, I have gotten by w/ just the rear tag....not sure what to do, but I don't want the dealer putting holes in my front bumper....I will figure out another way....
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Is your car going to be a a daily driver? Because my dad said back when he had nice cars before he got married haha he used to just keep the plate inside the car and if he got pulled over he would say "I just left a car show or was just at one the other day and forgot to put it back on im sorry". And it worked everytime. My friend has his on the dash and he has never got pulled over but that just as bad as on the front of the car.

This has worked for me as well, especially on my TA. The plate is installed BEHIND the bird plate cover....and if I got pulled once, told them I had just left a show, and showed him the tag behind the cover...worked just fine
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #11
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
it will be my daily driver so i dont think the car show think will work lol
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #12
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Quote:

:
i've never bought a NEW car before, what does this plastic actually cover???

Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalometalik View Post
i've never bought a NEW car before, what does this plastic actually cover???
Seats, gauges, steering wheel, radio, and a few other things if I'm not mistaken.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #14
lalometalik
killer bAnana

awesome. thanks

Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #15
Mr_Draco

Quote:
2. Do not turn on the wipers (scratch the glass; hope this isn't an insp. issue)
Ok 1, 4, and 6 I can perfectly see and plan on doing myself. For 2 and 3, you need to do some research first. I don't know if it's just a state thing or if it's federal but in NC it is illegal for a dealer (whether it is a new car or used) to sell a car that they have not inspected 1st. So depending on if it's required in VA, you may be out of luck on these two. 5 I can see if you wait on the paperwork but 7 I'm confused by what you mean. Do you mean that it won't be driven home in the rain or that it won't be unloaded and driven on the lot in the rain? If the later, then it's not happening. The truck drivers are on a tight schedule and can't afford to sit around at the dealer for an unknown amount of time because you don't want it unloaded in the rain.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Ok 1, 4, and 6 I can perfectly see and plan on doing myself. For 2 and 3, you need to do some research first. I don't know if it's just a state thing or if it's federal but in NC it is illegal for a dealer (whether it is a new car or used) to sell a car that they have not inspected 1st. So depending on if it's required in VA, you may be out of luck on these two. 5 I can see if you wait on the paperwork but 7 I'm confused by what you mean. Do you mean that it won't be driven home in the rain or that it won't be unloaded and driven on the lot in the rain? If the later, then it's not happening. The truck drivers are on a tight schedule and can't afford to sit around at the dealer for an unknown amount of time because you don't want it unloaded in the rain.
For #7 I don't car if it's unloaded in the rain, lol I just don't want them taking it down the road or the highway in a downpour. They are already going to be pedal happy anyway, and I don't want my new Camaro hydroplaining, or being in any kind of accident weather related. There is just no need for that.

And as for the plastic, they said it should be on the stripes, and on the sides of the doors as well....
Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
you have alot of cases of people putting sandpaper under the windshield wipers when they test them ehh?

Last edited by headpunter; 10-23-2008 at 01:10 PM.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Quote:
For #7 I don't car if it's unloaded in the rain, lol I just don't want them taking it down the road or the highway in a downpour. They are already going to be pedal happy anyway, and I don't want my new Camaro hydroplaining, or being in any kind of accident weather related. There is just no need for that.

And as for the plastic, they said it should be on the stripes, and on the sides of the doors as well....
Now that I can understand. I would much rather them not drive my car more then needed around the parking lot as i want to be the one who puts the 1st mile on the car.

I didn't know they put plastic on the outside.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #19
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
you have alot of cases of people putting sandpaper under the windshield wipers when they test them ehh?

If the semi hits a lot of bad weather on the way to the dealership, that means the car will be filthy (dealership says that happens all the time), so, if the windshield has loads of filth on it, I really don't want them turning on the wipers and rubbing millions of dirt particles all over it, and possibly scratch it....not sure if they would be smart enough to wash off the windshield before they ran the wipers.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #20
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I didn't know they put plastic on the outside.
According to my dealership, it's on the doors, and sometimes the corners of the bumpers...
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #21
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
According to my dealership, it's on the doors, and sometimes the corners of the bumpers...
It covers many areas of the outside of the car. At least it did on the 2002 Camaro I bought. When I test drove it it had plastic on the hood, fenders, doors, trunklid. I don't remember if it had it on the bumpers.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #22
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
it will be my daily driver so i dont think the car show think will work lol
I drove my 2000 S10 Xtreme for 2 years with no front license plate and was never stopped for it.

I've told the dealer not to install the front plate bracket on my SS, that'd I'd take care of attaching it myself. Of course, it will never really be attached. LOL
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #23
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Quote:
....not sure if they would be smart enough to wash off the windshield before they ran the wipers.
worst case scenario, expect the worst, yadda yadda
go with your gut

Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
I will stab my dealer in the throat with a pencil if they drill holes in my camaro!!!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #25
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
It's in the car, and I'm in the office, but I will try to go from memory. I had been writing them down as I think of them. I do know it's mandatory the dealership drive the car, I plan on being in the passenger seat when they do that, and I will also be the one putting the first 'free' tank of gas in it. I want to be contacted ON the phone when the car arrives on the delivery truck, I will be present, and I want a video of it coming off the truck

There is more in my car, and I will post them up later today....if some of this sounds extreme, oh well. I have been waiting too long for this day, and nothing is too extreme for me when it comes to the day of delivery. This isn't just 'some car', this is the hottest Camaro yet
No disrespect, but it's just a Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to baby mine as much as I can, but you Sir are a little to much with your demands. It's just a car. Now if it were the new ZR1, I would say you Sir are justified......
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote