Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,965
My Supercar Suspension Installed!

Well guys, I finally have it all installed and all I can say is WOW! From the way Pedders and Pfadt worked with me and each other to get the rights parts to Heath and Sam at American Muffler and Brake Fredricksberg TX who did a Top Notch installation. My car is now AWESOME!
Pedders US parts warehouse manager Dan aka PartsGedder was also there to greet me assist in the whole install. I dropped the car off at 8 am Sat. morning and wouldn’t you know it the only car rental place in town is closed on Sat. Heath came to my sons rescue and loaned me his truck for the day (like I said a top notch guy). We got back over to the shop about 3 pm and they had the front done and were on the left side of the back. We watched them work on the car for a few hours then headed back to the hotel to await the call. When I say these guys are hard core I mean it, they called about 12 am to verify the height then called back at 3am to say the car was done. When I got to the shop and during the check drive a slight thump could be heard at low speed upon acceleration, we messed with it for about an hour before crying uncle and picked it back at 9 am Sunday morn. After a few more drives and three trips back up on the rack and two complete bolt checks of every nut and bolt we finally concluded it is the play in the rear-end and with the HD bushings vs. soft rubber you can just hear it now. I will give LPE a call to check the spec on that one this week.
Well back to the Camaro and the results of all of these parts and professional installation. The difference is night and day, if when GM builds the Z28 they really need bring Pedders into the design. The super car coilovers are amazing, I haven’t even had a chance to play with adjustments yet but at 15 clicks it is nice. The ride is firm but not harsh at all, like when I had the 21’s on my car I hated the harsh ride. You will notice more road noise from the bushings, but I got the HD’s and they are very hard. The steering and road tracking is also vastly improved, no more fighting the wheel at 80 to hold a line on a rough road. In a corner the car is flat and it now feels like the only limits are tires and the intestinal fortitude to push it. In fact I would say it is beyond a Z06 corvette, and would love to have the chance to compare it with a ZR1.
Details of parts we added:
From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts (have to re-order, correct size received C6)
2010 Camaro Camber Kit

Here are some pics and as soon as I get a chance to clean her up will add some better after shots, these were taken at about 3am.
Attached Images
         
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!

Last edited by mws444; 06-08-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: detail
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 28,050
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Cool!! What components did you get installed, exactly?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
thekid96
 
Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange County
Posts: 198
I got the same clunk in the rear end after the Pedders install too. Chased it for a while and have decided it's slack in the diff as well. Post up if you figure it out.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,806
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
did the pfadt camber plates end up working?
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,628
That's a gorgeous setup. I have their street Xtreme package with their bushings and Xa Coilovers and I quite agree, the difference is like night and day compared to stock.

How do you like the Racing Brake rotors in the front?
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
did the pfadt camber plates end up working?
Perfectly!
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
That's a gorgeous setup. I have their street Xtreme package with their bushings and Xa Coilovers and I quite agree, the difference is like night and day compared to stock.

How do you like the Racing Brake rotors in the front?
I like them, just wish they would get the rears done. I also added the Hawk pads, they also helped a lot.
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Cool!! What components did you get installed, exactly?
Detail added to the first post. When I get time I will do a complete build thread of everything done so far to the car.
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #9
Rob@WretchedMS
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Silas Deane Auto,CT Name: Rob Anderson
Posts: 1,787
Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
PartsGedder
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 53
Mike, It was great to meet you. I have the 2AM pic of the car with the finished ride heights, 640mm front, 650mm rear. The picture is dark, but it shows the drop. The picture didn't look that fuzzy when it was taken...



__________________
Dan Morris
PartsGedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Well guys, I finally have it all installed and all I can say is WOW! From the way Pedders and Pfadt worked with me and each other to get the rights parts to Heath and Sam at American Muffler and Brake Fredricksberg TX who did a Top Notch installation. My car is now AWESOME!
Pedders US parts warehouse manager Dan aka PartsGedder was also there to greet me assist in the whole install. I dropped the car off at 8 am Sat. morning and wouldn’t you know it the only car rental place in town is closed on Sat. Heath came to my sons rescue and loaned me his truck for the day (like I said a top notch guy). We got back over to the shop about 3 pm and they had the front done and were on the left side of the back. We watched them work on the car for a few hours then headed back to the hotel to await the call. When I say these guys are hard core I mean it, they called about 12 am to verify the height then called back at 3am to say the car was done. When I got to the shop and during the check drive a slight thump could be heard at low speed upon acceleration, we messed with it for about an hour before crying uncle and picked it back at 9 am Sunday morn. After a few more drives and three trips back up on the rack and two complete bolt checks of every nut and bolt we finally concluded it is the play in the rear-end and with the HD bushings vs. soft rubber you can just hear it now. I will give LPE a call to check the spec on that one this week.
Well back to the Camaro and the results of all of these parts and professional installation. The difference is night and day, if when GM builds the Z28 they really need bring Pedders into the design. The super car coilovers are amazing, I haven’t even had a chance to play with adjustments yet but at 15 clicks it is nice. The ride is firm but not harsh at all, like when I had the 21’s on my car I hated the harsh ride. You will notice more road noise from the bushings, but I got the HD’s and they are very hard. The steering and road tracking is also vastly improved, no more fighting the wheel at 80 to hold a line on a rough road. In a corner the car is flat and it now feels like the only limits are tires and the intestinal fortitude to push it. In fact I would say it is beyond a Z06 corvette, and would love to have the chance to compare it with a ZR1.
Details of parts we added:
From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts (have to re-order, correct size received C6)
2010 Camaro Camber Kit

Here are some pics and as soon as I get a chance to clean her up will add some better after shots, these were taken at about 3am.
WOW - my list actually looks really close to yours There are a few changes but overall, it looks like you're really happy with the results, so that makes me feel like the direction I was thinking of wasn't too far off.

Thanks for the input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartsGedder View Post
Mike, It was great to meet you. I have the 2AM pic of the car with the finished ride heights, 640mm front, 650mm rear. The picture is dark, but it shows the drop. The picture didn't look that fuzzy when it was taken...

Jeese!!! You guys are hardcore!!!
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
ElManny

 
ElManny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salinas, ca
Posts: 1,806
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Perfectly!
With the plate you'd still need the lower alignment bolts correct?
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
JusticePete
5th Gen Master Builder

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 18,193
American Muffler and Pedders thank you for your business and the great write up!

Please allow me to make a couple of notes. One benefit of the Pedders Supercar coilovers is the 10mm increase in the clevis width. They deliver with the slot at factory size. If you elongate the slot about 3mm you can get over 3 degrees of negative camber. Always confirm adequate clearance with your specific wheel and tire combination, but know that there is a lot of negative camber available without spending money on any extra parts.

The increase in front track due to the clevis design helps to make the track more square -- the front closer to the rear which helps reduce understeer.

There is noise in the drive line and that does become more pronounced as the durometer of the bushings increase. Depending on your use of your Camaro, using Pedders street friendly urethane with void technology delivers significant improvement in drivability with minimal change in cabin noise. A perfect example is the differential bush set EP1176 compared to the EP1167HD. The same true of the sub-frame bushes. EP1200 inserts are very quite -- imperceptible to me. Full sub-frame bushes EP1201 are a bit noisier than OE and the EP1201HD the noisiest of the group.

Pedders or your Pedders Dealer will work with you to sort out what will work best for your driving style. That is critical. You want and need only what you want and need.

mws444 -- that is one BAD Pedderised LPE Camaro.

Everyone Else -- If own a Vette and you live in Texas, get out of the way when you see mws444 coming down the road!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,057
Good job Pedders and American Muffler Great story
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pedders 5th Gen Camaro SportsRyder Supercar Coilovers + FREE INSTALL* HaddadMotorsports Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 8 06-29-2010 06:31 PM
New Camaro video features dyno tuning and Pfadt lowered suspension PfadtRacing Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 9 02-09-2010 03:58 PM
New Camaro video features dyno tuning and Pfadt lowered suspension PfadtRacing Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 0 01-15-2010 04:07 PM
DSE Suspension installed today...pics! camaro692 Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 16 10-22-2009 02:07 PM
Pedders suspension already for the Camaro Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 75 10-21-2009 07:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.