Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #188
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
California is an odd place. The center-east is pretty normal, but everything is controlled by the 5-10 western-most miles of California due to population. I swear that 5 mile strip has absolutely -0- clue what is going on in the rest of the world. If you ask them, they think everyone is running around in General Lee type cars with no catalytic converters shooting out the windows while drinking natty-lite.

When they head inland it's like they're expecting an Amish Day festival to occur before their eyes while they drink red wine and sample local cheese. It FEELS so condescending on weekends around these parts.
I will admit your area is one of the few places I like about this State, lol.
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #189
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
You aren't missing anything except the Pacific. Too many people are too up tight about too much stuff. Seeing what other states have access to and seeing what we're limited to is really frustrating.
And really, the Pacific by Cali is ALWAYS cold thanks to that lovely current going by. Now, you go to Okinawa or Hawaii, THAT is some beautiful ocean there!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #190
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
And really, the Pacific by Cali is ALWAYS cold thanks to that lovely current going by. Now, you go to Okinawa or Hawaii, THAT is some beautiful ocean there!
My mom is Okinawan. I visited there about 20 years ago and you're totally right
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #191
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
My mom is Okinawan. I visited there about 20 years ago and you're totally right
Awesome I was stationed there for a couple years, loved it! Definitely some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #192
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Awesome I was stationed there for a couple years, loved it! Definitely some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Well - thanks for your service

That's how my dad met my mom, lol. He was a radar operator and she worked in the kitchen.

I remember those beautiful blue waters. I never did go swimming though. My dad says he loved scubba diving there.

Can't own a gun there though, to my understanding; I guess it could be worse for me as a Californian, lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #193
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Taylor Made R15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
Wow, the state of NC just legalized "bow hunting and falconry" on SUNDAY's (in the bible belt no less). Been a no hunt law since 1868. I see fire arms being legal on Sunday coming in our future... Yea...
We can hunt on sundays here. i am surprised that's a law.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #194
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Sorry, didn't want to say anything about a state I haven't been to yet. But since you're saying it, it's okay

10 round magazine. Yeah, that's a lot safer That is still ten huge rounds heading towards you from a distance

BTW, the "evil features" part makes me laugh every time I read about it
Yea, It is pretty ridiculous. Every time I hear or have to say the phrase "evil features" i just have to and

Like 10 rounds is any less dangerous than 30 rounds. But I guess it's better than 0 rounds right? lol.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #195
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
My girlfriend's boss bought himself a Barret M107 for x-mas last year. Damn, what a bada$$ gun. I have come to find out he has over 200 guns. I don't have own any myself.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #196
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Yea, It is pretty ridiculous. Every time I hear or have to say the phrase "evil features" i just have to and

Like 10 rounds is any less dangerous than 30 rounds. But I guess it's better than 0 rounds right? lol.
if you get shot by 3 rounds.... who cares if 27 more comes after it? its those first couple that are the issue
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #197
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post

"evil features" are: pistol grip, collapsible stock, fore grip, et al.
Please tell me "evil features" isn't actual legal language out there.

How the hell is an inanimate object evil? Somehow, I have apparently allowed a room full of evil into my own home. How could I have let my guard down?! HOW!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #198
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
if you get shot by 3 rounds.... who cares if 27 more comes after it? its those first couple that are the issue
THIS!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #199
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Please tell me "evil features" isn't actual legal language out there.

How the hell is an inanimate object evil? Somehow, I have apparently allowed a room full of evil into my own home. How could I have let my guard down?! HOW!!!!!

Sadly, yes, the bill was somehow passed with the 'evil features' language in it.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #200
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
I renewed my Texas CCL last week. I found out that after the 3rd renewal it is good for 10 years (instead of 5 years).

I'm on my 2nd renewal.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #201
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Sadly, yes, the bill was somehow passed with the 'evil features' language in it.
lololololol. I'm so glad I don't live in Cali!
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #202
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
I renewed my Texas CCL last week. I found out that after the 3rd renewal it is good for 10 years (instead of 5 years).

I'm on my 2nd renewal.
I just qualified and passed my test just paperwork now till I get my CHL. Shot a 247 they had it as a 241 till I told them the two low (crotch) shots were from the wingnut next to me who had no business holding a gun let alone shooting one.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #203
Scrappy Doo

Just picked up a savage 340 in .225. it used to be my grandpa's fox gun. Has to be 50 years old. had to drive 30 miles to find ammo for it.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #204
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Just picked up a savage 340 in .225. it used to be my grandpa's fox gun. Has to be 50 years old. had to drive 30 miles to find ammo for it.

thats the issue with some of that stuff. My grandpa has a WWII Japanese rifle with a bayonet on it that he got while raiding a warehouse over there. He got special permission to bring it back home with him and its never been shot to this day. Its still got the jell lining the inside of the barrel that they put on them from the factory to protect them from rusting. And since its a .311 caliber, it's not going to be shot anytime soon. Its still pretty cool though.
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun