Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #2815
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
enough is enough all automatic weapons should be banned.The answer is not more guns. saying if the principal was armed she could of stopped him is a stupid comment. god bless all the victims and family's.
We're not talking about auto weapons....

unless I missed something? Was the weapon in Newtown an auto?
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #2816
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
enough is enough all automatic weapons should be banned.The answer is not more guns. saying if the principal was armed she could of stopped him is a stupid comment. god bless all the victims and family's.
Don't go away mad, just go away..... don't need your attitude. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #2817
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
We're not talking about auto weapons....

unless I missed something? Was the weapon in Newtown an auto?
No it wasn't..... He's a conscientious objector.... excuse me.... pacifist, I guess, and that's fine. But he can't come in here calling folks stupid.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2818
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
No it wasn't.....
I know it wasn't Just trying to allow someone to come to that understanding by theirself
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2819
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Aren't automatic weapons already banned? Why don't people see the gun wasn't the problem here. It could of been a chainsaw, a knife, a anything. Shit, he could have driven that car through the building and killed 26 people.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #2820
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Aren't automatic weapons already banned? Why don't people see the gun wasn't the problem here. It could of been a chainsaw, a knife, a anything. Shit, he could have driven that car through the building and killed 26 people.
I think a lot of that has to do with the state and purpose. Some collectors can have full auto with the proper license. And I'm pretty sure full auto is allowed in some states still.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #2821
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Sorry you are right. I know nothing about weapons just tired like a lot of people of these idiots getting these weapons and causing so much pain.I understand 99% of people who own guns are law abiding citizens.Sorry guys I will leave your section.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #2822
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
They're not banned, but it's difficult and expensive to do the paperwork to own one.

Semi-auto rifles are more common, similar to grandpa's auto hunting rifle, only with a larger capacity magazine.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #2823
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Sorry you are right. I know nothing about weapons just tired like a lot of people of these idiots getting these weapons and causing so much pain.I understand 99% of people who own guns are law abiding citizens.Sorry guys I will leave your section.
Should have never made a comment. Respect us like we respect you. We are not a subculture or anything, we are no different than you.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #2824
kalimus

Quote:
You don't have to "leave" our section. You just have to understand how many of us are responsible and wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was absolutely life or death necessary. My whole family is anti-gun, but I do everything I can to educate them to know that the weapon is not dangerous, when handled by someone responsible and with proper training, and when put away safely and securely.

All of us gun enthusiasts are filled with grief that something we enjoy as a hobby was used as a tool for something this awful.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #2825
Mr Twisty

Quote:

No prob... if anyone ever holds you up and I'm around, I''ll get your wallet back for you.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #2826
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
GOD BLESS AMERICA! The Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #2827
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Thanks man.wouldn't mind the wallet, as long as they didn't take my car.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #2828
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
You don't have to "leave" our section. You just have to understand how many of us are responsible and wouldn't hurt a fly unless it was absolutely life or death necessary. My whole family is anti-gun, but I do everything I can to educate them to know that the weapon is not dangerous, when handled by someone responsible and with proper training, and when put away safely and securely.

All of us gun enthusiasts are filled with grief that something we enjoy as a hobby was used as a tool for something this awful.
Could not agree more, it's very upsetting that this was used as a tool.

And to say what supercharged ss said, he could have waited until the kids left school and mowed them down with a car just as easily.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun