Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #3622
pointer lover

Drives: F-250 stroke
look into Rock river arms for lefty uppers i to am a lefty
pointer lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #3623
2ssx2

Drives: 2013 2ss se/ 2009 cobalt ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Why is the safety off?
was showing wife how to operate. good observation. I leave mag full, bolt open and safety on.dust cover down to be sure.
2ssx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #3624
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Why is the safety off?
In case some one asks why

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #3625
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Does anyone know which websites still have 223 in stock. I am running a little low, checked about 10 sites and everyone is backordered... I did come across a local walmart that has a few boxes that I plan on purchasing tomorrow but I usually order bulk 55 grain for target shooting.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #3626
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
What do you do? As far as people like me, I don't know what you are insinuating. I bought only sale items that I will use. I shoot IDPA and go through at least 500 rounds a month.
Saying ppl that buy large amounts of ammo and stock up keep me working in these tough economical times. I make ammunition for a living. Right now it's good. Might not be for long if Obama gets his way.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #3627
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Why is the safety off?
Alot of people have posted pics lately with the guns safety off.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #3628
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I think it's a code..... like a secret hand shake
Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #3629
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Went to my local gun store last night. Would love to have an AR, unfortunately don't have the cash right now with all of the gouging going on. Kicking myself for not buying one 6 months ago when I started looking. Anyone had any experience with the Ruger American? Thinking about the .308 version.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #3630
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Another feeler from me:

Does anyone know where I could do better than $550 for a Glock 19 Gen4?
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #3631
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I think it's a code..... like a secret hand shake
They should do it without rounds in the magazine

In other... possibly good news:

"Vice President Joe Biden announced Thursday that he will recommend new gun control measures to President Barack Obama, which include more comprehensive background checks on gun buyers and limits on the sizes of ammunition magazines. The proposal could lead to the most significant move on guns in 20 years, but one regulation highly coveted by gun control advocates is notably missing: a ban on assault weapons."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #3632
Stetch15

Drives: Wishin I had a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Anyone have suggestions on uppers for an AR? I'm building an AR and have a complete lower set up already. I'm a left handed shooter so I do not know of many uppers that have shell ejection for a lefty. I've become used to living in a right handed world so I'm not dead set on a left handed set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Rock river makes one I believe. Good luck actually finding one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stetch15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #3633
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Great I wake up to see another school shooting? Thank God this one ended better

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/11...-been-bullied/

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #3634
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Why is the safety off?
for ar platforms if the bolt is not charged then you cannot put the gun on "safe" maybe there is no round in the chamber... usually how i keep my HD gun full mag none in the chamber, it only takes a fraction on a second to rack it. And i use the sound as a deterrent.

As for the state of thing in CA, i have only ever met gun owners that are great people, very stable, and usually very educated and upstanding representatives of the gun community. When i see these people i think we may just be able to change the minds of the opposition... then we get the nutcases, two shootings here yesterday. one at a school and one in a crowded Nordstroms...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #3635
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykeith View Post
Went to my local gun store last night. Would love to have an AR, unfortunately don't have the cash right now with all of the gouging going on. Kicking myself for not buying one 6 months ago when I started looking. Anyone had any experience with the Ruger American? Thinking about the .308 version.
what about buying just a lower? that is the only controlled part the rest can be shipped to your door. I would hate for you to miss out on the gun if some laws changed. (not fueling the fire, and i don't think it will change)

As for the Ruger American i have heard good things, i was looking at one of their rifles yesterday but i cant remember which...
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #3636
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
for ar platforms if the bolt is not charged then you cannot put the gun on "safe" maybe there is no round in the chamber... usually how i keep my HD gun full mag none in the chamber, it only takes a fraction on a second to rack it. And i use the sound as a deterrent.

As for the state of thing in CA, i have only ever met gun owners that are great people, very stable, and usually very educated and upstanding representatives of the gun community. When i see these people i think we may just be able to change the minds of the opposition... then we get the nutcases, two shootings here yesterday. one at a school and one in a crowded Nordstroms...
Yeah I have an AR as well. No way to tell what position that bolt is in because the dust cover is closed. But as long as the gun is safed, the bolt can be put into whatever position you please. I keep my bolt open with a cable lock through the dust cover/feeder when it's in the case. It's not my home protection weapon, so I store it "locked" for legal issues. The home protection device is the shotgun. IMO, there is nothing better for that purpose. I don't even keep buck in it... I use birdshot. I don't want to take someone's life if I don't have to, but I want to make damn sure they regret whatever stupid sh** they did that made me pull the trigger lol.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #3637
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I think it's tragic.

What's the primary reason we've seen behind school shootings where the shooter was a fellow student?

Bullying.

What's the primary reason behind mass-shootings where the shooter was an adult?

Mental health.

What are the lawmakers proposing?

Limitations on guns.

There's some serious logical fallacy going on there. Instead of finding methods to curb bullying or help diagnose and treat adults with mental health issues, our legislators think gun control will fix everything.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #3638
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Quote:
Yeah I have an AR as well. No way to tell what position that bolt is in because the dust cover is closed. But as long as the gun is safed, the bolt can be put into whatever position you please.
well as far as my AR with no mag you rack the bolt and pull the trigger, hear the click, the lever wont go to "safe". put a mag in and set it aside it would have to be in fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I think it's tragic.

What's the primary reason we've seen behind school shootings where the shooter was a fellow student?

Bullying.
You know i hear this a lot and there are shows that talk about bullying and have messages at the end.... but you know what bullying is not a new thing. it has happened i am sure from the beginning of time. but these shooting are getting more and more common. i think that thing have more to do with how society has softened.

It used to be you were taught right from wrong and that your actions had consequences, now it is never anyone's fault. you ordered hot coffee and spilled it on yourself so sue the cup maker, your lack of self control didn't make you fat McDonalds did, its not my fault i killed someone they called me a name.

MHO

Tags
camaro gun