Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #5351
kalimus

 
kalimus's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US of A
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItShut View Post
Still the best first mod for an AR! Can't say I've seen the Mod 4... I like the large latch though (wait is the large latch the Mod 4?)
The mod 4 is the medium latch. Mod 3 is the large latch I think. And then the mod 5 is the standard size latch. The mod 4 latch is plenty large enough to charge with one finger. The "large" latch would be best... imo... if you had a big scope. Either way, I doubt you could go wrong. I've never seen a medium and a large compared to each other. Don't know how drastic the difference is.
__________________
"We have a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem, and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem."

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #5352
AZ Charlie
 
AZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformer Edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Think I'm going to be ordering a Nighthawk Custom 1911 soon. Now I just have to figure out which one to get.

Anybody here have one?
Love my Nighthawk Predator II. The most accurate 1911 you will own in general. My next one from them is the AAC Recon with the rail so I can put a light source on it easier and suppressor. The Nighthawk's are worth every penny!

I just had mine in for service with them and they are excellent. They re-painted, new springs, sites, etc. It was pretty beat up - tons of scratches and came back like a new side arm! I can't say enough about them.

I am not home but next time I am (should be next week) I will post some pics of it!
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #5353
JasonK
 
JasonK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 667
Woot Woot! Employees of the State of Kansas whom have their CCL can carry if their State owned or leased building does not have adequate security. ie, metal detectors and armed guards.

XDS might just get some pocket lent on her now.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #5354
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
Love my Nighthawk Predator II. The most accurate 1911 you will own in general. My next one from them is the AAC Recon with the rail so I can put a light source on it easier and suppressor. The Nighthawk's are worth every penny!

I just had mine in for service with them and they are excellent. They re-painted, new springs, sites, etc. It was pretty beat up - tons of scratches and came back like a new side arm! I can't say enough about them.

I am not home but next time I am (should be next week) I will post some pics of it!
Awesome. I'm looking at the Talon, Predator and Costa Recon. I'm leaning towards the Predator, but I think I'd rather have the Melonite finish instead of the Perma Kote. I've heard it stands up against wear better.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #5355
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 173
OMG, I just now found this thread??????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!
__________________

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. USWForged 20" Crossover w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #5356
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnSS View Post
OMG, I just now found this thread??????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Ah...no big deal. You only have 5357 posts to catch up on.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #5357
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5
 
CamaroC-17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,732
Hey guys I have an AR-15 with a scope and reflex site. I use the reflex for home defense/ close up shots. I use my scope for coyote hunting. Do you think removing the scope when not hunting would take away accuracy? The scope mount is a one piece mount with quick releases from the rail. I should say will it affect the accuracy to where I would be not hitting a coyote at 100 yards?
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #5358
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
Hey guys I have an AR-15 with a scope and reflex site. I use the reflex for home defense/ close up shots. I use my scope for coyote hunting. Do you think removing the scope when not hunting would take away accuracy? The scope mount is a one piece mount with quick releases from the rail. I should say will it affect the accuracy to where I would be not hitting a coyote at 100 yards?
A good quality quick detach mount and a good quality scope will not lose zero after removing and remounting. If you cheap out on either one, then you will have issues. If however, you do lose zero, at 100 yards it won't be as bad as you think.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #5359
AutoAgenda


 
AutoAgenda's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 5,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
Hey guys I have an AR-15 with a scope and reflex site. I use the reflex for home defense/ close up shots. I use my scope for coyote hunting. Do you think removing the scope when not hunting would take away accuracy? The scope mount is a one piece mount with quick releases from the rail. I should say will it affect the accuracy to where I would be not hitting a coyote at 100 yards?
With the one piece mount quick release, it shouldn't be an issue at 100 yards IMO. Any longer though I would get a new case so you don't need to remove it.

We started a page a little while back on facebook. If anyone wants any "Arms Advocate" vinyl decals, shoot us a message

Here is a pic our SBR SA58 .308 by DSA. Anyone have any recommendations on an optic? Maybe 3x?
Attached Images
 
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #5360
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5
 
CamaroC-17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
A good quality quick detach mount and a good quality scope will not lose zero after removing and remounting. If you cheap out on either one, then you will have issues. If however, you do lose zero, at 100 yards it won't be as bad as you think.
Here is the scope mount I have. I just saw that mine does not have the quick release levers. min has the finger twist nuts. But none the less, It is only a couple of twists and it is off and thats just usng your hand.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

here is my scope
http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/N...---------.html
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #5361
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
Here is the scope mount I have. I just saw that mine does not have the quick release levers. min has the finger twist nuts. But none the less, It is only a couple of twists and it is off and thats just usng your hand.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

here is my scope
http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/N...---------.html
You shouldn't have any issues.

I use the same mount on my Grendel and I take it out farther than that and never had any issues
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #5362
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
IH8OPEC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ellijay, GA
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoAgenda View Post
With the one piece mount quick release, it shouldn't be an issue at 100 yards IMO. Any longer though I would get a new case so you don't need to remove it.

We started a page a little while back on facebook. If anyone wants any "Arms Advocate" vinyl decals, shoot us a message

Here is a pic our SBR SA58 .308 by DSA. Anyone have any recommendations on an optic? Maybe 3x?
Nice FAL!

I had a Vortex Sparc on my FAL but since I have a 21" barrel I swapped it out for a conventional type scope. The Sparc is decent and not expensive at all.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-s...ight-sprc.html
__________________
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #5363
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,561
Happy Birthday USA



__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #5364
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,543
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I didn't build one...bought a POF P308. Still can't find PMAGs for under $45.00!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I have that one too.
For future reference, what optics on both of these?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #5365
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
For future reference, what optics on both of these?
The .223 pic I posted showed an EOTech 552. I actually borrowed it from my AUG for the picture, because I was waiting for my new one to come in. I ultimately went with the EOTech EXPS2 and 3X magnifier (G33.STS).

On my .308 I decided on the ACOG (TA11H-308G).
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #5366
AZ Charlie
 
AZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformer Edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Happy Birthday USA




Nice and in great condition!
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #5367
AZ Charlie
 
AZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Transformer Edition
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Think I'm going to be ordering a Nighthawk Custom 1911 soon. Now I just have to figure out which one to get.

Anybody here have one?
Just got back in town today and at my computer (finally haahaa)! Here is the pic of the Nighthawk Predator II...
Attached Images
 
AZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #5368
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,543
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
The .223 pic I posted showed an EOTech 552. I actually borrowed it from my AUG for the picture, because I was waiting for my new one to come in. I ultimately went with the EOTech EXPS2 and 3X magnifier (G33.STS).

On my .308 I decided on the ACOG (TA11H-308G).
Thanks a bunch!
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #5369
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,248
Does anyone have that ammo finder program or link accessible?
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #5370
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
Just got back in town today and at my computer (finally haahaa)! Here is the pic of the Nighthawk Predator II...
That looks awesome! The Predator has been at the top of my list since the beginning, and moved its way to #1 recently. Unless something changes I'll probably finalize my options and place my order soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Thanks a bunch!
No problem.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #5371
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
IH8OPEC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ellijay, GA
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Does anyone have that ammo finder program or link accessible?
Here's a link I use from time to time:

http://ammoseek.com/

You can also check with SG ammo:

http://sgammo.com/
__________________
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #5372
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
Just got back in town today and at my computer (finally haahaa)! Here is the pic of the Nighthawk Predator II...
Very nice!
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #5373
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan
 
Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Charlie View Post
Nice and in great condition!
Thanks. Only bad part is- I didn't have a chance to go shooting them on the 4th.
__________________
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #5374
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper
 
Kyle2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
Here's a link I use from time to time:

http://ammoseek.com/

You can also check with SG ammo:

http://sgammo.com/
That is what I was looking for!

Thanks!
__________________
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #5375
Dizzy82

 
Dizzy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,231
Here's a pic of my "pups".
Attached Images
 
__________________
Power is worthless without control.
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro gun

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firearms section? monstertodd Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 23 06-10-2010 08:32 PM
Removing Swirl Marks using a Flex and Meguiars M105/M205 Angelo@Autopia Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 5 05-22-2010 10:36 PM
The COPO of Today The_Blur 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 48 01-31-2010 07:00 PM
Laws Protecting Consumers for Aftermarket Parts strauchpete Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 9 01-17-2010 08:31 AM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.