Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #3656
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
They should do it without rounds in the magazine

In other... possibly good news:

"Vice President Joe Biden announced Thursday that he will recommend new gun control measures to President Barack Obama, which include more comprehensive background checks on gun buyers and limits on the sizes of ammunition magazines. The proposal could lead to the most significant move on guns in 20 years, but one regulation highly coveted by gun control advocates is notably missing: a ban on assault weapons."
NO Compromise! NONE.

Any compromise is a slap in the face of generations of men who were willing to fight, and died for, our Constitutional rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I dont why I cant post links or maybe I'm just too dumb to know how idk. But can someone look up what Wyoming lawmakers are proposing as a rebuttal on a gun ban and post it up.
They're basically just saying, F U Mr. O

Quote:
Ten Wyoming lawmakers have proposed legislation that they claim would nullify any new federal laws banning assault weapons.

The proposed bill HB0104 states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming,”
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #3657
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
CamaroSkooter, the way I see it, it wouldn't take a COMPLETE ban. Even a ban on automatic pistols would mean you would get arrested for taking your favorite Glock, Springfield, Sig, or whatever else you prefer to the range. And that's how it's going to happen: just a little at a time. Could you hide them? Yes. How are you going to maintain proficiency? ... I think there are many in the government taking there time trying to whittle our gun rights down so that it will be the citizens with black-powder guns aginst a fully-equipped force (NATO, commie, or otherwise). Will we have guns? Yes. Will we stand a chance at that point? Nope.
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #3658
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
CamaroSkooter, the way I see it, it wouldn't take a COMPLETE ban. Even a ban on automatic pistols would mean you would get arrested for taking your favorite Glock, Springfield, Sig, or whatever else you prefer to the range. And that's how it's going to happen: just a little at a time. Could you hide them? Yes. How are you going to maintain proficiency? ... I think there are many in the government taking there time trying to whittle our gun rights down so that it will be the citizens with black-powder guns aginst a fully-equipped force (NATO, commie, or otherwise). Will we have guns? Yes. Will we stand a chance at that point? Nope.
Come on down to Texas. Even if all the ranges close down, I still know plenty of people with many acres of land where you can practice

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #3659
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The fact that you're thinking about it ahead of time already means that you will be a great father and role model for your children.
thanks and i hope so

Quote:
And while I agree with him, I don't think it will ever come to a point where police will be going door-to-door to confiscate guns. The only way the federal government could ever ban the ownership of any firearms and confiscate the ones we already own would require the repealing of the Second Amendment outright. And that kind of action would require ratification by 3/4ths of the states (so, 38 of the 50 states, or 43, if you're using Obama's 57-state number ). I just can't see it ever happening, especially given the trend we've seen of any and every type of firearm being sold like hotcakes.

Who is going to do the confiscation?
i saw this video and that is what got me thinking. First handguns are serialized so handing over another ghun if they have a list wont work.

and based upon actions like the patriot act, the our involvement libya and what is being talked about with the executive orders it wouldn't take any votes to put in.

i would expect a huge leo refusal but it would come down to the military fallowing orders...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #3660
only the beSSt

Quote:
The proposed bill HB0104 states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming"
God bless them! That's my home state.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #3661
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
I want to replace it with a Kahr PM9 (technically, PM9094N for the black slide and night sights) because I like the striker fire guns a lot more (That's what my Springfield Armory XDm-9 is)
Love my PM9...good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
well as far as my AR with no mag you rack the bolt and pull the trigger, hear the click, the lever wont go to "safe". put a mag in and set it aside it would have to be in fire...
+1. I keep a full magazine in, but not a round chambered. Can't switch to safe.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #3662
only the beSSt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
but it would come down to the military fallowing orders...
I can personally assure you that you are not going to have to worry about OUR own military following those orders. The vast majority of us are staunchly Pro- Second Amendment and would consider this one of those "...all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC" things. What I would be more concerned about is once our government begins to enforce anti-gun regulations of that level, they may seek NATO help. And there are many countries that would be all to glad to come help de-arm us.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #3663
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Several Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal have held that the Second Amendment does not confer an individual right, but only a collective right of states to form a militia. The federal court decisions cite United States v. Miller as precedent. The 1939 Supreme Court case, United States v. Miller, did not make that ruling. Even in Miller, where only the prosecution filed a brief and the defendant’s position was not even briefed or argued to the Court, the Supreme Court held that the federal government could only regulate firearms that had no military purpose. [307 U.S. 174 (1939)] [See JPFO special report about Miller case]
A. Nowadays, gun prohibitionists want to illegalize firearms unless they have a “sporting purpose.” The “sporting purpose” idea was part of the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938. JPFO has shown that the U.S. Gun Control Act of 1968 imported much of its organization, content, and phrasing, from the Nazi Weapons Law. [See ... Zelman, Gateway to Tyranny]
B. In contrast, even under the U.S. v. Miller case, the Second Amendment protects the individual right to keep and bear military firearms. Learn how the federal courts deceptively and misleadingly employed the Miller decision to deny the individual right to keep and bear arms in Barnett, Can the Simple Cite Be Trusted?: Lower Court Interpretations of United States v. Miller and the Second Amendment, 26 Cumberland Law Review 961-1004 (1996).
C. A federal judge recently struck down a federal “gun control” statute as unconstitutional in United States v. Emerson, 46 F. Supp. 2d 598 (N.D. Tex. 1999). In his scholarly written opinion, District Judge Cummings exten-sively reviewed the law and historical foundations of the Second Amendment to conclude that the right to keep and bear arms protected by the Second Amendment is an individual right. The Emerson decision remains pending an appeal in the Fifth Circuit as of this date.
Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #3664
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Installed the ERGO tactical deluxe grip on my POF, and just received my EOTech EXPS2. I'll put it on tonight, and post up some pics soon.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #3665
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by only the beSSt View Post
I can personally assure you that you are not going to have to worry about OUR own military following those orders. The vast majority of us are staunchly Pro- Second Amendment and would consider this one of those "...all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC" things. What I would be more concerned about is once our government begins to enforce anti-gun regulations of that level, they may seek NATO help. And there are many countries that would be all to glad to come help de-arm us.
Did you know "We The People" are the largest army the world has ever seen?

Now you know why even our own government is afraid of us..... as well they should be.

This is not about random killings, that is just a ploy used by politicians to 'DIVIDE AND CONQUER'

I know this sounds a little conspiratorial, but it's the only explanation that fits.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #3666
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I just want the SIG in my sig :(

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #3667
only the beSSt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Did you know "We The People" are the largest army the world has ever seen?

Now you know why even our own government is afraid of us..... as well they should be.

This is not about random killings, that is just a ploy used by politicians to 'DIVIDE AND CONQUER'

I know this sounds a little conspiratorial, but it's the only explanation that fits.
I concur
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #3668
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Taylor Made R15
Doesn't anybody have any guns to talk about? The rhetoric is kind of getting old.

I am as against these changes as the next guy, but good grief.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #3669
Mr Twisty

A soldiers oath: (the part about obeying the president doesn't apply if he's using the 2nd amendment to wipe his a$$.)

Quote:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #3670
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Doesn't anybody have any guns to talk about? The rhetoric is kind of getting old.

I am as against these changes as the next guy, but good grief.
Sure, what you want to talk about?

I'm not posting any pics of anything I own tho... I sold everything... yup... nothing left but memories and a broken old savage shotgun my dad left me on his death bed.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #3671
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
I didn't sell it! Got home last night and someone had broken in and taken it ALL!!
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #3672
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I didn't sell it! Got home last night and someone had broken in and taken it ALL
DUDE that sux!

Only problem with that is the police report.

Tags
camaro gun