Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Elite Engineering
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #3305
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Come on guys...don't even try to tell me that you don't understand the dangers of a barrel shroud!
Attached Images
  
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #3306
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!
 
BullF-16's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Come on guys...don't even try to tell me that you don't understand the dangers of a barrel shroud!
__________________
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #3307
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~
 
Maxspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mansfield Mass
Posts: 2,860
Someone sent me this email


Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain . I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012



:flag2:
__________________
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #3308
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,557
Ms. Feinstein is just as ignorant.... She said guns today are MUCH more dangerous than they were in 1994.....

Anyone care to explain WTF she was talking about???
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #3309
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 22,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Someone sent me this email


Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain . I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012



:flag2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Ms. Feinstein is just as ignorant.... She said guns today are MUCH more dangerous than they were in 1994.....

Anyone care to explain WTF she was talking about???
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #3310
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Ms. Feinstein is just as ignorant.... She said guns today are MUCH more dangerous than they were in 1994.....

Anyone care to explain WTF she was talking about???
Yeah, um. As guns get older, they start to think for themselves... Duh.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #3311
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Yeah, um. As guns get older, they start to think for themselves... Duh.
I guess mine are all stupid then... they just lay there like a rock.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #3312
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,557
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #3313
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Ms. Feinstein is just as ignorant.... She said guns today are MUCH more dangerous than they were in 1994.....

Anyone care to explain WTF she was talking about???
They get wiser with age!
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #3314
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,557
Just noticed.... she looks like Michael Jackson in drag
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #3315
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,557
I guess she's never seen what a .50 cal. black powder rifle is capable of...
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #3316
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE
 
CHMSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,877
Simply put, she has the IQ of a leaf.
__________________
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #3317
kalimus

 
kalimus's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US of A
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
The problem is that they're taking it to a bigger extreme this time. Here's her proposal.



Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
  • 120 specifically-named firearms;
  • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
  • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
  • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
  • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
  • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.


Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
  • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
  • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
  • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
  • Background check of owner and any transferee;
  • Type and serial number of the firearm;
  • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
  • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
  • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Even people that aren't as gun educated as some of us don't like the idea of so much government intrusion into our lives. Only time will tell, but I'm really not expecting (and seriously hoping) that they'll have enough votes to pass both senate and the house.
I read her proposal. But as is most things, you start with something extreme, and then "compromise" to obtain your original goal. That doesn't make me think there will be no chance of a ban however. I know that people don't like the idea of government intrusion, kind of like

SS (which is a forced 401k)
Manditory Health Care (tells you how to spend your money)
The already existant registration for firearms (without loopholes)
Patriot Act
MMW scanner at the airport

And countless other ways the government interfere with running our lives. People are willing to compromise when they are scared, which is a reason why the gov't is pushing so hard right now. Everyone is scared and outraged, and because they are, they seem to be more willing to give up freedoms for the chance to "feel safer".

All I'm saying is that I hope for the best, while acknowledging the worst is possible. Maybe unlikely, but definitely not impossible.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #3318
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I read her proposal. But as is most things, you start with something extreme, and then "compromise" to obtain your original goal. That doesn't make me think there will be no chance of a ban however. I know that people don't like the idea of government intrusion, kind of like

SS (which is a forced 401k)
Manditory Health Care (tells you how to spend your money)
The already existant registration for firearms (without loopholes)
Patriot Act
MMW scanner at the airport

And countless other ways the government interfere with running our lives. People are willing to compromise when they are scared, which is a reason why the gov't is pushing so hard right now. Everyone is scared and outraged, and because they are, they seem to be more willing to give up freedoms for the chance to "feel safer".

All I'm saying is that I hope for the best, while acknowledging the worst is possible. Maybe unlikely, but definitely not impossible.
Definitely never said a ban was impossible, just not assuming it's a done deal.

Like you I'm voicing my opinion...we're really all just guessing at this point.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camaro gun

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firearms section? monstertodd Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 23 06-10-2010 08:32 PM
Removing Swirl Marks using a Flex and Meguiars M105/M205 Angelo@Autopia Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 5 05-22-2010 10:36 PM
The COPO of Today The_Blur 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 48 01-31-2010 07:00 PM
Laws Protecting Consumers for Aftermarket Parts strauchpete Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 9 01-17-2010 08:31 AM
IMPORTANT Part 1 Warranty Disputes Zeus Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 11 08-25-2009 11:37 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.