Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #3724
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,360
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Just a cool pic.

I can't remember if I posted this yet. It was sent to the shop by a spectator. This is the Aqua Mania boat doing a 120 mph fly-by. Doesn't get any closer than that...
Wow. HAhaha!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #3725
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wow. HAhaha!!
Hey J -

Yes, this was an extreme version of the Shamu splash zone.

Hope you are still having a blast with your sailing. Sounds like it was a fun summer for you.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #3726
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
I fear that the power of a sonic boom... if that car ever hooks would explode the tires and rear end in seconds
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #3727
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,360
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey J -

Yes, this was an extreme version of the Shamu splash zone.

Hope you are still having a blast with your sailing. Sounds like it was a fun summer for you.
I haven't had a chance to get back out, lately. What with school starting and all...I hope to get out at least once more before it gets too chilly.....but then.....the lake doesn't freeze over until January...and the river, never freezes....

....I could go sailing when it's snowing in early December!

But anyways - that is freakin' cool, being so close to the wall like that! Do you go to those events/shows often?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #3728
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
I fear that the power of a sonic boom... if that car ever hooks would explode the tires and rear end in seconds
It'll take some time sorting the chassis out, but I hope the tires and rear end last at least a few runs... They should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I haven't had a chance to get back out, lately. What with school starting and all...I hope to get out at least once more before it gets too chilly.....but then.....the lake doesn't freeze over until January...and the river, never freezes....

....I could go sailing when it's snowing in early December!

Go for it !!!

But anyways - that is freakin' cool, being so close to the wall like that! Do you go to those events/shows often?
When I can. Couldn't do LOTO this year since we were demo'ing the Unmanned stuff at the same time. Try to go when there is time, but not so much lately. I'll be up at the shop next week a little.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #3729
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 26,360
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
When I can. Couldn't do LOTO this year since we were demo'ing the Unmanned stuff at the same time. Try to go when there is time, but not so much lately. I'll be up at the shop next week a little.
Busy is good, though.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #3730
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)
 
fcu678's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C7
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Just a cool pic.

I can't remember if I posted this yet. It was sent to the shop by a spectator. This is the Aqua Mania boat doing a 120 mph fly-by. Doesn't get any closer than that...
WOW x 2

That had to have been cool as $#!^ to be right there as a spectator
__________________
2014 C7

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #3731
4thGen427CI
5th Gen
 
4thGen427CI's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Denver,Colorado
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
It'll take some time sorting the chassis out, but I hope the tires and rear end last at least a few runs... They should.
Its a good thing your getting these parts tested out with as high as your going on power and torque so when the rest of us get the nerve to get at your level. We have parts we know are durable and will last
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #3732
4xchamp
MURC 666
 
4xchamp's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New England , U.S.A.
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Just a cool pic.

I can't remember if I posted this yet. It was sent to the shop by a spectator. This is the Aqua Mania boat doing a 120 mph fly-by. Doesn't get any closer than that...
Yikes ! That's crazy .
In the '91 Manhattan OPT race we hit something that busted our 35 Jaguar's gimbal and tie bar . I finished the race by throttle steering and to this day am amazed we didn't sink due to fact the drive bellow held up .
I'm glad you're projects are going well and wish you the best .
I'm getting ready to winterize the Fountain and get back on the Chris Cat restoration . I'm just dyin' to get my Chris wet again .
__________________
Guys hoarding their Camaros are depriving some youngster the opportunity to restore it 25 years from now .
Drive it like you stole it , let the next guy baby it !
4xchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #3733
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Yikes ! That's crazy .
In the '91 Manhattan OPT race we hit something that busted our 35 Jaguar's gimbal and tie bar . I finished the race by throttle steering and to this day am amazed we didn't sink due to fact the drive bellow held up .
I'm glad you're projects are going well and wish you the best .
I'm getting ready to winterize the Fountain and get back on the Chris Cat restoration . I'm just dyin' to get my Chris wet again .

Cool stuff. Definitely want to see some pics of your Chris Cat as it progresses. That is like the start of the modern catamaran...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #3734
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
speedster,
Are you flying to CA this weekend or next? I'm really excited to see the vids of your car. You must be really psyched.
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #3735
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
speedster,
Are you flying to CA this weekend or next? I'm really excited to see the vids of your car. You must be really psyched.

Yeah, pretty stoked right now. Fly out of Orlando around 7 am tomorrow. Road tune tomorrow and finish up Satruday with some FUN time just cruising - a little PCH or the canyons. There may be a couple of small traction issues to inspect along the way... By the time we are done they will be true pZEROs.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #3736
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,704
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
By the time we are done they will be true pZEROs.
............
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #3737
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member
 
Kyle.Gilmour's Avatar
 
Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Posts: 2,747
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
By the time we are done they will be true pZEROs.
Randy... you said you wanted to by some slicks!!!
bet you could pick them up at discount from Bruce
__________________
Kyle.Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #3738
mikepage0007


 
mikepage0007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: port st lucie ,florida
Posts: 4,269
good deal, keep us posted..
__________________
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #3739
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,149
You knew this was coming...

__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #3740
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You knew this was coming...

I hope we don't blow that little bugger's popcorn all over CA...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 10:45 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 08:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.